Music of London 2012

SkiFreak

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, saw that on Itunes this afternoon.

Not too many tracks, perhaps they are larger compositions on there. Always nice to have the feature songs and a few fanfares on there aswell though.

I am really loving the 2012 music I have heard so far, didn't expect I would as normally Olympic stuff is a bit dull.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. The Chemical Brothers do the Velodrome theme. Love it!

Edited by Lee
  • Like 1

I am really loving the 2012 music I have heard so far, didn't expect I would as normally Olympic stuff is a bit dull.

Not sure if this has been posted yet. The Chemical Brothers do the Velodrome theme. Love it!

Another great track, love it

As has been previously mentioned elsewhere on here, *Isles of Wonder* music from the opening ceremony , will be released. In addition, *A Symphony of British Music* will be the closing ceremony soundtrack.

Seems like there will be a digital release of the opening ceremony after midnight following the ceremony, with a physical release in early August.

• Like 1

I think Survival went into the charts at 25, it's been in the top 20 in France and Belgium.

Here's a cool little cover by Triple J , a few notable musicians, but mostly fun. Probably wouldnt have seen you and me getting this kind of treatment. haha

• Like 1

Anybody know if they will be releasing an EP of these 4 or 5 official songs?

I was hoping HMV here in Canada was going to be selling the London 2012 albums but it looks like they aren't. They did sell the albums for Vancouver, Beijing and Athens.

Yeah, saw that on Itunes this afternoon.

Not too many tracks, perhaps they are larger compositions on there. Always nice to have the feature songs and a few fanfares on there aswell though.

It says that the final product may differ. So we still don't know.

Another official song, being released August 5:

So how many is that now?

Survival by Muse

Good Life by Delphic

Velodrome Theme by The Chemical Brothers

Scream by Dizzee Rascal ft. Pepper

Any more planned to be released?