Music of London 2012

SkiFreak

Thought I'd start a thread to discuss music related to the 2012 games, promo music, albums, etc.

First piece of music for London 2012? The Official Torch Relay song:

Dionne Bromfield & Tinchy Stryder - Spinnin for 2012

Was posted to YouTube Aug 31, but the description says it won't be released until Sept 25th.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are definately releasing albums. I have a brochure of London 2012 Licencees and under Universal Music Group listed as product categories are:

1. Official music licencee

2. Official Album releases

3. Music and live acts for the Olympics and Paralympics

4. Bespoke music products

If they can release a royal wedding cd album then they should do an opening ceremony album. The Sydney and Vancouver ceremony cds are great and i love listening especially to the instramental pieces

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What about Prod - Heather Small? It was London's bid song

I don't think so - "Proud" was already five years old when London won the 2012 Games, and it would be even more dated now, twelve years after its release. It's still a good song, but I think they'd rather choose something much more contemporary as theme song (if they choose a theme song at all -- remember, Vancouver didn't even have an official one).

I think it should make a reappearance in some form, maybe in the closing ceremony - to bookend the winning of the bid and the close of the Games. That song was so emblematic of London's bid I'd love to hear it in some form in the actual Games.

Of course it was emblematic! I remember watching a video with a lot of people making sports, and a man at the end with dirt on his fce after doing pole vault... That song was in the hole video, in fact i supported London cuz of that vodeo :lol: since Paris pussy song "we want the games" wasn't really good! I support your idea of putting it in the closing ceremony :D

Of course it was emblematic! I remember watching a video with a lot of people making sports, and a man at the end with dirt on his fce after doing pole vault... That song was in the hole video, in fact i supported London cuz of that vodeo :lol: since Paris pussy song "we want the games" wasn't really good! I support your idea of putting it in the closing ceremony :D

I'm sure you mean this one. Just great IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcwiGIGMjSg&feature=player_detailpage

Archived