2011 Rugby World Cup Sweep

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll do it. Love rugby (even if I don't understand the fine details of the game).

Glad you're in.

And don't worry - I still can't get my head around the offside rule in soccer (even when it's been explained, and I've tried reading it up, dozens of times)

Glad you're in.

And don't worry - I still can't get my head around the offside rule in soccer (even when it's been explained, and I've tried reading it up, dozens of times)

If rugby was on television more here I would be able to pick up the detail (I did with football and soccer over a few years) but only being able to really watch 2 or 3 games a year sucks.

Of course I'm in!!!

Yoohoo!!! Love those sweepstakes! But this time I have zero chances to be Brazil again... :(

But according to this funny series of Ads, Rugby will be big in Brazil soon...

"Indeed, Brazil never lost a match against multi-champions France or New Zealand in the South American Tournament!!!" :lol:

Can be funny since I can play the truly argentine spirit... A very arrogant and bit racist forumer!!! :lol: :lol:

P

Like... "poor "bolludos" Kratk, Ikarus and Tatsh, those "cucarachas" from the "rest" of the Argentine continent!" :lol: :lol:

I'm in, I just want to know how this works and what this 'sweep' is.

Good you're in (as, I've had word, is CAF).

Basically, it's a sweepstake. We get 20 members putting their names in, and I'll do a random draw of those names against the 20 teams in the WC. And that'll be your team to follow for the tournament.

In Oz, we do them in offices for big horse races or tournaments like the WC. Except there, you'd pay money, and the person who has drawn the winning team will collect the prize pool at the end.

Because we're on-line, this is more just for fun rather than money. But we had a great one organised by RobH for the FIFA WC last year - everyone changed their names and logos for the duration of the tournament to reflect the teams they'd gotten.

And this was funny as hell.

Somehow, we change nationalities for a short period of time, and we act as nationals rooting for the teams we get in the sweepstakes!

Some banners, logos and nicknames were really nice and funny last year!

Well... I was lucky (or not) and got Brazil last time... :DB)

And instead of chaning my bias and way of acting, I became twice defensive about Brazil! :rolleyes:

Good you're in (as, I've had word, is CAF).

Basically, it's a sweepstake. We get 20 members putting their names in, and I'll do a random draw of those names against the 20 teams in the WC. And that'll be your team to follow for the tournament.

In Oz, we do them in offices for big horse races or tournaments like the WC. Except there, you'd pay money, and the person who has drawn the winning team will collect the prize pool at the end.

Because we're on-line, this is more just for fun rather than money. But we had a great one organised by RobH for the FIFA WC last year - everyone changed their names and logos for the duration of the tournament to reflect the teams they'd gotten.

Oh alright I know what you mean now...I'm definitely in!

Hey! I'm in, too :D

I know basically nothing about rugby and, as you can guess, this is not being broadcast in Spain, but last year's FIFA WC sweepstake was really fun! And with a view to Rio 2016, maybe this can help me learn more things about rugby... BTW, does rugby sevens differ much from rugby union?

Hey! I'm in, too :D

I know basically nothing about rugby and, as you can guess, this is not being broadcast in Spain, but last year's FIFA WC sweepstake was really fun! And with a view to Rio 2016, maybe this can help me learn more things about rugby... BTW, does rugby sevens differ much from rugby union?

Rugby sevens is a form of rugby union. They have the same rules, just a few variations. The other 'union' is 15-a-side. 7s is a faster quicker version of 15s. 7s is played 7 players a side for two 7 minute halves. 15s feature 15 a side playing two 40 minute halves.

Archived