Important Istanbul Maps
SOURCE DETAILED EARTH MAP ==> http://sehirrehberi.ibb.gov.tr/map.aspx
This map is a "Istanbul Guide Earth Map" -service from the Istanbul Metropolitan City. It is in the Google-Earth form, but then in detailed in 6-fold. This is the most detailed map online at Internet and the most active and updated one. I mostly use this map for my research and will also use and indicate important elements on it in the other issue-conntected topic as well.
* How to Use it: Very Simple
- if you click on the link; you will have a flat Map with only the important axes of the city without the earth-layer.
- if you scroll in; you will see more details of buildings and greenery, water and other important policy involved elements
- if you scroll out; you will see the perfectly lined-out 39 districts of whole the Istanbul province/metropolitan area in different disticts colours
* At the LEFT UPPER CORNER
- You have an menu with 6 options, the last one is the ENGLISH option
- The first 2 menu-options are the important ones; Harita + Katman (Map + Level)
- Click on the first option on the word "HARITA" and then on the 2nd sub-option "UYDU/HAVA FOTO" (sattelite/air photo)
- Then you will see that the eart-layer-level is on screen and you can scroll in and out / zoom in and zoom out
- What intersting is that at the same sub-options you have also the earth maps of istanbul in retro : 1982 + 1966 + 1946
- Hereby you can have an idea how the city of Istanbul did grow in the past decennia with the beginning of the republic era.
- Last but not least the 2nd menu-buton "KATMAN" means "Level"; if you click on it you will see that the road-axes and road lines will dissapear.