Doha Olympic plans

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doha sucks and will not win.

int. This is not the behaviour to write sentences like that as a GB-member.

GB has a high quality of saying/telling and describing.

As a non-premium member I don't have the opportunity to give negative reputation points. If I would have had, I would do it.

This topic is about the Doha Olympic plan.

So if you didn't did any research or you know nothing about the issue .. so DON'T WRITE !! :angry:

Don't write every negative comments that deliver nothing else than hate and racism.

So be polite and appologize yourself towards the topic/the members/ and especially to Qatari members.

It is so easy to break hearts with stupid and negative writing on forums.

That's what I want you to do as a member of this forum.

!!

int. This is not the behaviour to write sentences like that as a GB-member.

GB has a high quality of saying/telling and describing.

As a non-premium member I don't have the opportunity to give negative reputation points. If I would have had, I would do it.

This topic is about the Doha Olympic plan.

So if you didn't did any research or you know nothing about the issue .. so DON'T WRITE !! :angry:

Don't write every negative comments that deliver nothing else than hate and racism.

So be polite and appologize yourself towards the topic/the members/ and especially to Qatari members.

It is so easy to break hearts with stupid and negative writing on forums.

That's what I want you to do as a member of this forum.

!!

"Don't write every negative comments that deliver nothing else than hate and racism." How does my comment say hate or racism.

My comment was Doha's bid sucks and doesn't deserve to win.

Well .. than prove it !! What sucks in the bid, wich elements and factors.

Underbuild your own citate with reasonable arguments !!

hmpff !! :blink:

How does a country the half the size and population of some of the cities bidding deserve to win? How does a country that has never won an Olympic medal (besides buying two) deserve to host it? Why would the IOC award a country that wants to host outside of the normal time frame, when there are more prestigious and better cities to stage in the "correct" time frame? Another issue transportation which the IOC was very critical of.

Wow, if this isn't considered a direct insult to the city and its residents I dunno what is,,,,, you should at least treat discussions here as strictly professional level.

How does a country the half the size and population of some of the cities bidding deserve to win? How does a country that has never won an Olympic medal (besides buying two) deserve to host it? Why would the IOC award a country that wants to host outside of the normal time frame, when there are more prestigious and better cities to stage in the "correct" time frametherfore we aren't breaking any rules.,,,,,,,,,,, ? Another issue transportation which the IOC was very critical of.

Think of it this way, size of the country doesn't matter (Qatar 2022 world cup?) Not to mention that its about the city not the country, Ioc president said that a city of at least 2 million so dohais just 300,000 individuals away from that number, for the 2016 bid the projected population was 2.6 million, its no exaggeration if we could say the population can be 3 million by 2020. Winning Olympic medals isn't a priority in an Olympic bid. The ioc offered us the chance to stage it outside the normal timeframe therefore Doha isn't breaking any rules,,,,,. Yet,,,,, what is the issue for the transport,. !!!?! Please state all issues with sources and proofs, if you don't know of any than its low to just simply say that transport is an issue,.

You didn't say the bid sucks - you said Doha sucks. I can understand why that would piss off some people here.

And even if you are dissing the bid, what are you basing it on - we haven't sen any bid details yet. How can you dismiss it before we have any details about what they're proposing.

I don't expect them to win - I think geopolitics will work against it. But I don't doubt they will present a technically proficient, perhaps even stunning, bid plan.

How does a country the half the size and population of some of the cities bidding deserve to win? How does a country that has never won an Olympic medal (besides buying two) deserve to host it? Why would the IOC award a country that wants to host outside of the normal time frame, when there are more prestigious and better cities to stage in the "correct" time frame? Another issue transportation which the IOC was very critical of.

Well Qatar is an ambicious conutry... They have never qualified to the soccer final tournament, and they will be the 2022 hosts... I think that its to prove thay can be a future icon on everything.

Wow, if this isn't considered a direct insult to the city and its residents I dunno what is,,,,, you should at least treat discussions here as strictly professional level.

Think of it this way, size of the country doesn't matter (Qatar 2022 world cup?) Not to mention that its about the city not the country, Ioc president said that a city of at least 2 million so dohais just 300,000 individuals away from that number, for the 2016 bid the projected population was 2.6 million, its no exaggeration if we could say the population can be 3 million by 2020. Winning Olympic medals isn't a priority in an Olympic bid. The ioc offered us the chance to stage it outside the normal timeframe therefore Doha isn't breaking any rules,,,,,. Yet,,,,, what is the issue for the transport,. !!!?! Please state all issues with sources and proofs, if you don't know of any than its low to just simply say that transport is an issue,.

First paragraph answered below.

"Think of it this way, size of the country doesn't matter (Qatar 2022 world cup?)" -

Wow this world Cup was bought by Qatar by bribing members of the corrupt FIFA executive board. Everyone knows that, FIFA clearly before all this nonsense said maximum two venues per city, Doha will have something like six venues, obviously they paid good to get the cup. The Cup should have been awarded to Australia a country that is actually developing in football + the Cup would have been a boost to the struggling A-league. Not a country that is ranked 90th in the world.

"Qatar is the smallest nation, both by relative population and by area, ever to have been awarded a FIFA World Cup. (The next smallest by population is Uruguay, host of the 1930 World Cup, whose 2009 population is more than twice that of Qatar: the next smallest by area is Switzerland, host of the 1954 FIFA World Cup, which is more than three times as large as Qatar)."

I have no idea where you are getting your numbers, but Doha's metro population is around the one million mark, about a million away from the 2 million mark. It is hard for any city to double its population in nine years. Population is an issue, because you don't want empty stadiums.

"Winning Olympic medals isn't a priority in an Olympic bid"

- Every single Summer Olympics host has won multiple medals before they have staged a Games, a country has never staged a Summer Games before when they have won just two bronze medals before (those two medals won by bribed athletes). Even countries such as Kyrgyzstan and Ghana have won more medals. It would be better to develop sports and then bid. There is no way when sporting powers such as Italy, Japan and Spain are bidding as well as emerging sporting powers (Azerbaijan and Turkey), Qatar is awarded the games.

"Please state all issues with sources and proofs, if you don't know of any than its low to just simply say that transport is an issue,."

This is right from the IOC report "In addition to the Olympic Games, the projected population expansion (140%) of Doha represents a significant challenge in terms of the provision of services and infrastructure, including transport infrastructure."

Another reason why should the IOC when trying its best to promote gender equality allow a nation that has never allowed any of its women to compete at the games host the actual games?

You didn't say the bid sucks - you said Doha sucks. I can understand why that would piss off some people here.

And even if you are dissing the bid, what are you basing it on - we haven't sen any bid details yet. How can you dismiss it before we have any details about what they're proposing.

I don't expect them to win - I think geopolitics will work against it. But I don't doubt they will present a technically proficient, perhaps even stunning, bid plan.

I guess I should have said Doha's bid sucks. Other then a compact plan (I use that loosely as some venues are far) they don't deserve to win at all.

Other then a compact plan (I use that loosely as some venues are far) they don't deserve to win at all.

Where did you get that - I haven't seen any official venue plan yet. I assume Khalifa will be the main stadium, and they'll probably use some venues from their Asiad - but non of that's certain either. It's far too early to start criticising plans before we have seen any mini bid books or IOC questionaire answers yet.

Where did you get that - I haven't seen any official venue plan yet. I assume Khalifa will be the main stadium, and they'll probably use some venues from their Asiad - but non of that's certain either. It's far too early to start criticising plans before we have seen any mini bid books or IOC questionaire answers yet.

Off course going by the 2016 bid book.

Think of it this way, size of the country doesn't matter (Qatar 2022 world cup?)Winning Olympic medals isn't a priority in an Olympic bid.

u try to get the biggest and oldest sports event in world history, but dont have any sports success or a culture instead of hosting events... thats the biggest minus for Doha.

its st u attend for a CEO position in a company without any interest or past or background in that field.

I dicided not to continue your worthless discussion and stick to the thread topic.

:blink:

How is the discussion worthless? Anyways, what I have pointed out has sources to back it up, your just scared to admit all the faults this bid has. Granted it does have some positives such as the nice looking arenas/stadiums.

u try to get the biggest and oldest sports event in world history, but dont have any sports success or a culture instead of hosting events... thats the biggest minus for Doha.

its st u attend for a CEO position in a company without any interest or past or background in that field.

Thank you, Qatar the most hated (as in the least favourite among many people, not hating as in racism) world cup host.

oldest sports event in world history,

While we're on the subject -- oldest but ANNUALS:

1. The oldest, recorded, continuing sports event (with less interruptions than the big gap in the Olympics from 393 AD until 1896) is the Palio horse race in Asti and Sienna, Italy. Asti's horse races started in 1275 - run annually until 1862. There was a break when Italy was undergoing reunification by itself and with the Papal States. Then the Asti Palio resumed in 1929 - 1936; interrupted by World War 2; and then resumed in 1967 - to date.

Other OLDEST sports events before the modern Olympics but still continue today:

2. 1829 - the Oxford-Cambridge Annual Men's Rowing Regatta. (The Harvard-Yale equivalent didn't begin until 1852 but was not an annual event until 1859 minus all the war years, onwards.)

3. 1851 - The America's Cup, possibly the first international sports event. I am surprised the Gulf shieks have not gone after hosting the America's Cup. Of course, only about a dozen countries participate and it's not annual but usually on a triennial basis.

4. 1867 - the Belmont Stakes (an annual PRO horse race in Belmont, New York)

5. 1871 - the British Open (golf)

6. 1873 - the Preakness

7. 1875 - the Kentucky Derby

- a few others...

- 1895 - the first annual World Figure Skating Championships held in Czarist St. Petersburg

and then the giant quadrennials:

finally..1896 - the first (modern era SUMMER) Olympic Games.

The World Cup is relatively new - 1930.

While we're on the subject -- oldest but ANNUALS:

1. The oldest, recorded, continuing sports event (with less interruptions than the big gap in the Olympics from 393 AD until 1896) is the Palio horse race in Asti and Sienna, Italy. Asti's horse races started in 1275 - run annually until 1862. There was a break when Italy was undergoing reunification by itself and with the Papal States. Then the Asti Palio resumed in 1929 - 1936; interrupted by World War 2; and then resumed in 1967 - to date.

Other OLDEST sports events before the modern Olympics but still continue today:

2. 1829 - the Oxford-Cambridge Annual Men's Rowing Regatta. (The Harvard-Yale equivalent didn't begin until 1852 but was not an annual event until 1859 minus all the war years, onwards.)

3. 1851 - The America's Cup, possibly the first international sports event. I am surprised the Gulf shieks have not gone after hosting the America's Cup. Of course, only about a dozen countries participate and it's not annual but usually on a triennial basis.

4. 1867 - the Belmont Stakes (an annual PRO horse race in Belmont, New York)

5. 1871 - the British Open (golf)

6. 1873 - the Preakness

7. 1875 - the Kentucky Derby

- a few others...

- 1895 - the first annual World Figure Skating Championships held in Czarist St. Petersburg

and then the giant quadrennials:

finally..1896 - the first (modern era SUMMER) Olympic Games.

The World Cup is relatively new - 1930.

oldest one still is Turkish kırkpınar oiled wrestling. It is held annually, usually in late June, near Edirne, Turkey since 1346 and It now holds a Guinness World Record for the longest running sports competition

but what i mean from old greece ;)

:blink:

Thank you, Qatar the most hated (as in the least favourite among many people, not hating as in racism) world cup host.

idont hate Qatar or Doha,but everyone has to know theirplaces. like we didnt have any chance for 2000 or 2004 but try to bid and learn how to bid. but Qataris are a bit confident and not trying to see the disadvantages and why cannot and must not Doha win 2020. but they will learn ;)

by the way isupport doha to be a sports hub at the persian gulf. but if everyone thinks about there are still clouds on 2022 decision and the other issues mentioned above, Doha needs more time to get prepared for the games. at least try to get more medals having some voice in international sports arena with your athletes.

2020 is not a right time

Archived