Remitting The 2020 SOG

ke nako

Rome, Tokyo, Spain, Remitting 2020 SOG

In view of the fact that virtually all countries nowadays have reached an acceptable level of Global development and have the capacity to stage the Olympic Games, gone is the time of only few countries being able to stage the Olympic Games. In this check, Rome, Tokyo, Spain, should by all means remitt the 2020 SOG.

If the Olympic Games are so treasured by the Global audience, then it would be nice to give the world a chance to show a new host of the Olympic Games every time

they are held. In a period of 70-seventy years the world

witnesses about 15-fifteen OG's of each kind. Let us be considerate for the number of countries in the world and how many years it would take for all of them to be granted the opportunity to host the world's largest sporting event. Others

have not staged the OG's, however had the privilege of presenting other prestigious sporting events.

Rome, Tokyo, Spain, Remitting 2020 SOG

In view of the fact that virtually all countries nowadays have reached an acceptable level of Global development and have the capacity to stage the Olympic Games, gone is the time of only few countries being able to stage the Olympic Games. In this check, Rome, Tokyo, Spain, should by all means remitt the 2020 SOG.

If the Olympic Games are so treasured by the Global audience, then it would be nice to give the world a chance to show a new host of the Olympic Games every time

they are held. In a period of 70-seventy years the world

witnesses about 15-fifteen OG's of each kind. Let us be considerate for the number of countries in the world and how many years it would take for all of them to be granted the opportunity to host the world's largest sporting event. Others

have not staged the OG's, however had the privilege of presenting other prestigious sporting events.

Ummmm, OK. I wasn't alive for Tokyo or Rome, so I don't think it is unreasonable for them to host again in my lifetime. I would eventually like to see Spain host again too. I see no problem was past countries hosting multiple OG, just so long as new cities/countries are sprinkled in between.

If the IOC only selected new countries to host, we soon would run out of capable cities and countries to host the Games.

Ummmm, OK. I wasn't alive for Tokyo or Rome, so I don't think it is unreasonable for them to host again in my lifetime. I would eventually like to see Spain host again too. I see no problem was past countries hosting multiple OG, just so long as new cities/countries are sprinkled in between.

If the IOC only selected new countries to host, we soon would run out of capable cities and countries to host the Games.

Thanks for commenting, you have a good point about you not having seen some of the repetetive hosts. On a larger scale it is of the entire world's interest to see always new hosts, never repetition until all the possibilities have been exhausted. So many countries in wait, just 15 games within 70 years time frame.We wont run out soon of capable countries, on the contrary, virtually all countries nowadays have reached an acceptable level of world class standards.

hmm.. born 1979, started with moscow, but the first games i remember was LA 84. altough i had a cap with a logo:D

well like to see Turkey, South Africa hosting the games. at least i want to see it when im alive:)

just USA had a chance to host twice in my life time.

may be Austrlia , Spain ,China will be the next ones.

The IOC already does a pretty good job of awarding new countries with the Olympics. China was a new host in 2008 and so is Brazil 2016. And Britain hasn't hosted for 60 years, so they're due too. And from 1952-1992, 9 of the 11 hosts were hosting for the first time. In time, countries like Argentina, Turkey, South Africa and India will all get to host, it's just a matter of when. I'd love to see Istanbul host in 2020, but Rome won't have hosted for 60 years either, so they equally deserve a chance to get the Games too.

The IOC already does a pretty good job of awarding new countries with the Olympics. China was a new host in 2008 and so is Brazil 2016. And Britain hasn't hosted for 60 years, so they're due too. And from 1952-1992, 9 of the 11 hosts were hosting for the first time. In time, countries like Argentina, Turkey, South Africa and India will all get to host, it's just a matter of when. I'd love to see Istanbul host in 2020, but Rome won't have hosted for 60 years either, so they equally deserve a chance to get the Games too.

better a never hosted country,city get the games ;) rome and tokyo already had this honour ..

Part of the problem is how you define "capable."

For example where the Summer Games are concerned, IMO India is not capable right now. None of Southeast Asia is capable. Central America is not capable. Argentina is not capable. No Scandinavian country is capable. Even the likes of Poland and the Czech Republic question whether they are capable.

The only potential new frontiers on the horizon are Istanbul, Doha, Dubai and South Africa. Doha and Dubai have money, but almost no sporting tradition whatsoever so I see no reason to hurry in giving them the Games. The IOC's objective is not just to go to new places -- it's to create the sense of truly global Games -- hence the unofficial continental rotation. For that reason, the IOC should continue to return to Europe, North America and Asia -- countries that have hosted previously. Repeat hosts have been part of the modern Olympics since their inception.

Part of why the new frontiers need to compete with previous hosts is that the previous hosts will force the new frontiers to rise to a higher standard. If the IOC simply asks, "where can we go that will be new?" the quality of the Games would be in danger of decline.

Incidentally, I don't think "remit" is the word you're looking for:

re·mit   [ri-mit] verb, -mit·ted, -mit·ting, noun

verb (used with object)

1.to transmit or send (money, a check, etc.) to a person or place, usually in payment.

2.to refrain from inflicting or enforcing, as a punishment, sentence, etc.

3.to refrain from exacting, as a payment or service.

4.to pardon or forgive (a sin, offense, etc.).

5.to slacken; abate; relax: to remit watchfulness.

6.to give back: to remit an overpayment.

7.Law . to send back (a case) to an inferior court for further action.

to put off; postpone; defer.

Part of the problem is how you define "capable."

For example where the Summer Games are concerned, IMO India is not capable right now. None of Southeast Asia is capable. Central America is not capable. Argentina is not capable. No Scandinavian country is capable. Even the likes of Poland and the Czech Republic question whether they are capable.

The only potential new frontiers on the horizon are Istanbul, Doha, Dubai and South Africa. Doha and Dubai have money, but almost no sporting tradition whatsoever so I see no reason to hurry in giving them the Games. The IOC's objective is not just to go to new places -- it's to create the sense of truly global Games -- hence the unofficial continental rotation. For that reason, the IOC should continue to return to Europe, North America and Asia -- countries that have hosted previously. Repeat hosts have been part of the modern Olympics since their inception.

Part of why the new frontiers need to compete with previous hosts is that the previous hosts will force the new frontiers to rise to a higher standard. If the IOC simply asks, "where can we go that will be new?" the quality of the Games would be in danger of decline.

Incidentally, I don't think "remit" is the word you're looking for:

re·mit   [ri-mit] verb, -mit·ted, -mit·ting, noun

verb (used with object)

1.to transmit or send (money, a check, etc.) to a person or place, usually in payment.

2.to refrain from inflicting or enforcing, as a punishment, sentence, etc.

3.to refrain from exacting, as a payment or service.

4.to pardon or forgive (a sin, offense, etc.).

5.to slacken; abate; relax: to remit watchfulness.

6.to give back: to remit an overpayment.

7.Law . to send back (a case) to an inferior court for further action.

to put off; postpone; defer.

Firstly, thanks to everyone for contributing to the serious new topic with solid points. Repetition of continents is not an issue, but the repetition of countries. US is an exception due to its size and diversity. One city per country, untill a time that all new possibilities are ehxausted, can there be a return to the repetition of countries, then cities. We are faced with a new option from a greater universal scale and time. If the repetition of hosts continues, when will the world witness new hosts from virtually every country- 15 OG's within 70 years? The word Remitt seems most appropriate step to be taken by previous host- to put off, to relax the intesity, to refrain from...repeating. to let go off the OG's.

Archived