Buenos Aires 2018

bye bye brasileros...

Adiós Argentina...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I5Qc6npD0c

Brazil 3, Argentina 1 World Cup 1982...

Adiós Argentina...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBxaRx4BKnY[/media}

Brazil 4, Argentina 1 FIFA Confederations Cup 2005...

Not to mention...

Brazil: 5 World Cup titles, 4 Confederations Cup titles, the biggest international champions ever, and we are exactly at this very moment the last champions of any international title

Argentina: 2 World Cups titles ("Suspicious" 1978, and Hand of God 1986), 1 Confederations Cup title AND with the national professional team, NO SINGLE TITLE SINCE 1993!!!

finish.jpg

Well... Three-time World Champions, Pelé, is recognized worldwidely as the best player of football/soccer history...

BRAZIL WINS!

brazil-confederations-cup-2013.jpg

Edited by DannyelBrazil

Well Danny, even you must concede that the Argentine Lionel Messi is arguably the best player in football right now, & if he keeps going the way he has been, he'll be the greatest of all time before long. Having said that, to be in contention, it does help to win a World Cup, & I can't see Argentina doing that. Messi, Aguero, & Tevez are all good, but not enough to lift them past the likes of Spain or Germany. I think if Argentina play Brazil in 2014, Brazil will be favourites, especially at home. You don't want to know who I think will win the Cup next year, you won't like it :P. (Hint: it's not Argentina :P)

I think we'll win the world cup unless we get to play Brazil (mostly because of home advantage + referees)

No chance for european teams in South America.

Danny: in head to head Argentina has advantage (36 to 35)

The one and only play-off in World Cups was for Argentina. Your butt still hurts, I know :D

And it's only logical that you have won more tournaments in football (and won more in sports in general) since you're a country with 200 mil. people while we are just above 40 mil., you're more likely to find good players/sportsmen than us.

Yet with that limitation we have beat you a lot of times in your top sport at many levels of competition.

Now if you are really going to discuss football, then. lol. Poor argentina.

22 years without winning a pro title.

In the meantime brazil raped your asses in 3 FINALS, lol.

4-1 in the Confederations Cup - 2005.

3-0 in the Copa América Final - 2004

We even beat you in the 2004 Copa America Final with our C team in 2004, not a rape, tho:

And I'm not talking about things that happened 30 years ago. Just in the last 10 years. lol.

Now being sincere, you guys ain't winning **** in the next world cup. Your defense sucks big time. Germany would trash you, Spain would toy with you and other not-so-good NTs could play a catenaccio and pull of a win against Argentina.

Defense is what wins in the World Cup.

Btw, here's the official head-to-head stats between Brazil and Argentina:

http://www.ceroacero.es/confronto_equipas.php?id_comp=0&op=ver_confronto&equipa_2=816&equipa_1=814

38 to 36 in favor of Brazil, with 25 draws. I bet you pulled of your numbers from ole.com.ar Haha!

Considering only FIFA's tournaments:

World cups: 2 - 1 in favor of Brazil.

QC qualifiers: 3 - 2 in favor of Brazil

Confed. Cup: 1 - 0 in favor of Brazil

Well Danny, even you must concede that the Argentine Lionel Messi is arguably the best player in football right now, & if he keeps going the way he has been, he'll be the greatest of all time before long. Having said that, to be in contention, it does help to win a World Cup, & I can't see Argentina doing that. Messi, Aguero, & Tevez are all good, but not enough to lift them past the likes of Spain or Germany. I think if Argentina play Brazil in 2014, Brazil will be favourites, especially at home. You don't want to know who I think will win the Cup next year, you won't like it :P. (Hint: it's not Argentina :P)

Messi is the best player of football now-a-days. This is not disputable.

To be the World's best ever, he needs to lead his national team to win 3 world cups, score 1,300 goals, stop a war and be the best for 15 years in a row.

And to be Argentina's best ever, he needs to learn the lyrics of Argentine anthemn.

It's too much for him

And it's only logical that you have won more tournaments in football (and won more in sports in general) since you're a country with 200 mil. people while we are just above 40 mil., you're more likely to find good players/sportsmen than us.

Yet with that limitation we have beat you a lot of times in your top sport at many levels of competition.

That's ridiculous. In the field, they are 11 vs. 11.

Based on that, China and India would be the superpowers on any sport and how to explain tiny Uruguay with 3 million people have as many titles as Argentina?

And I'm not talking about things that happened 30 years ago. Just in the last 10 years. lol.

Catrinha, what LDOG is doing is so Argentine...

They only know to talk about the glorious past...

The one and only play-off in World Cups was for Argentina. Your butt still hurts, I know :D

The one and only final in International level was a stunning Brazil win by 4-1 and in the third goal Brazil passed the ball inside the Argentine side for more than 3 minutes... hahahah

And I would never change my 5 World Cup titles for a round of 16 victory in a World Cup, specially because your team doped the water Brazilians drinked at the very match you are pointing.

Meanwhile you celebrate small unfair victories, we celebrate titles....

In the end, Brazil wins again...

Go discuss field hockey...

Edited by DannyelBrazil

I think Germany will win the World Cup unless it's a Germany-Brazil final. If Brazil get to the final, they will definitely win. Will they keep the trophy for their 2nd 3rd win?

Brazil, Germany, Netherlands and Spain my favorites.

I think Germany will win the World Cup unless it's a Germany-Brazil final. If Brazil get to the final, they will definitely win. Will they keep the trophy for their 2nd 3rd win?

I also believe Germany will win it all. It's a wonderful NT but Spain is a bad match up to them, but Spain tick-taka is going downhill, keyplayers got older, and they didn't like the weather in Brazil.

Unless they are unlucky and have to face Spain in the 1/16 stage. But that'd be good for underdogs like brazil and others.

Because Spain ain't winning **** next year.

Like hell I won't reply to these two, (sorry for the off-topic):

38 to 36 in favor of Brazil, with 25 draws. I bet you pulled of your numbers from ole.com.ar Haha!

Messi is the best player of football now-a-days. This is not disputable.
To be the World's best ever, he needs to lead his national team to win 3 world cups, score 1,300 goals, stop a war and be the best for 15 years in a row.
And to be Argentina's best ever, he needs to learn the lyrics of Argentine anthemn.

It's too much for him
That's ridiculous. In the field, they are 11 vs. 11.
Based on that, China and India would be the superpowers on any sport and how to explain tiny Uruguay with 3 million people have as many titles as Argentina?
Catrinha, what LDOG is doing is so Argentine...
They only know to talk about the glorious past...
The one and only final in International level was a stunning Brazil win by 4-1 and in the third goal Brazil passed the ball inside the Argentine side for more than 3 minutes... hahahah

And I would never change my 5 World Cup titles for a round of 16 victory in a World Cup, specially because your team doped the water Brazilians drinked at the very match you are pointing.
Meanwhile you celebrate small unfair victories, we celebrate titles....

In the end, Brazil wins again...
Go discuss field hockey...

1) Messi is already the best ever, doesn't matter if he doesn't ever win the world cup.

2) Well... China is kinda a superpower in every sport, aren't they? India is on the road, but they have to overcome a lot of corruption and infrastructural problems.

3) lol, but you would give up in an instant those petty copa america and confed cup for having won the 1990 match, cry baby cryyyyy

Now if you are really going to discuss football, then. lol. Poor argentina.

22 years without winning a pro title.

In the meantime brazil raped your asses in 3 FINALS, lol.

Now being sincere, you guys ain't winning **** in the next world cup. Your defense sucks big time. Germany would trash you, Spain would toy with you and other not-so-good NTs could play a catenaccio and pull of a win against Argentina.

Defense is what wins in the World Cup.

1) that wasn't your C team, lol. I could even say you had as many absentees as us.

2) And Gemany doesn't win anything since 1996, so?

3) lol obviously you two haven't watched a single match of Argentina since 2011 and still have the image of Maradona's/Batista's era. This team has the deadliest (counter)attack I have seen in any national team in all my life.

Germany would trash us? this what happened last time we met

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe4A_DFsW6s

Spain would toy with us? this what happened last time we met

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGxK0sf4ah4

Before you reply, yeah, I know they're friendlies. But it's far from the truth that they will "toy with us".

The others can put all the catenaccio they want, the goals will keep coming to their goals.

And Uruguay won most of their titles back when football (and sport in general) was completely different and not as professionalized as today.

Having a bigger population makes you better in sports provided that you have the proper infrastructure and that you can keep your kids well fed. It's a fact.

1) Messi is already the best ever, doesn't matter if he doesn't ever win the world cup.

2) Well... China is kinda a superpower in every sport, aren't they? India is on the road, but they have to overcome a lot of corruption and infrastructural problems.

3) lol, but you would give up in an instant those petty copa america and confed cup for having won the 1990 match, cry baby cryyyyy

2) And Gemany doesn't win anything since 1996, so?

3) lol obviously you two haven't watched a single match of Argentina since 2011 and still have the image of Maradona's/Batista's era. This team has the deadliest (counter)attack I have seen in any national team in all my life.

Interesting flaws:

1. Actually an ultimate goal for Messi is winning a World Cup -And sometime he declared that-. This is the Shangri-La of the soccer world and that's make the real legends - Ronaldo, Pelé, Zidane, Cannavalo, Beckembauer and Maradona-. Sure we have cases like Platini -Which he won the UEFA alongside French team-, but winning a World Cup when you're the top soccer player makes you a legend.

2. China sure, but really India? Are you serious on that :blink: If we considerate international sports by the Olympics, FIFA World Cup and Championships, India has the WORST record of the big countries. Check the results of the last 4 Olympics circles (6 medals in London, no gold; 3 medals in Beijing, one gold, one medal in Athens, no gold and one medal in Sydney no gold). The results of India are DREADFUL. Just because they win more medals at the 2010 Commonwealth Games because India was the host (Made them advantage in Shooting, by example). Actually india is the opposite of the rule.

For Germany, albeit not winning, Germany has a GREAT record of making it in finals and semifinals by all the Cup winners -Even including Brazil and Argentina)

Argentina has a great attack, no doubt this, but still the weakness is in the defense and if the recent history repeats again, Germany can surpase again that weakness, especially with this new generation of Germans with Özil, Mueller and Podolski playing in match

And Uruguay won most of their titles back when football (and sport in general) was completely different and not as professionalized as today.

Having a bigger population makes you better in sports provided that you have the proper infrastructure and that you can keep your kids well fed. It's a fact.

Even then Uruguay won the Copa America 2011 and was fourth in South Africa 2010...

In theory yes, but in the real world isn't true. We have the case of India with the lack of great results and then we have little countries like Hungary, Netherlands or New Zealand with small populations but better mechanism of inversion and plans with better results. Another interesting comparision, Hungary with a population of 10 millions won more Olympics medals and get better results in other Championships than countries with big populations like Indonesia, Egypt or Pakistan.

Finally checking closely the statistiques by the FIFA changes a lot the picture of the prediction: The statistiques are excellent, but we need to know how to use it.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/headtohead/team1=arg/team2=bra/index.html

The advantage of Argentine is for the "Copa America" but then we have this notes of FIFA World Cup:

FIFA World Cup™
Total Total arg.gif Argentina Brazil bra.gif 4 Matches Played 4 1 Wins 2 1 Draws 1 2 Losses 1 3 Goals for 5 5 Goals against 3
FIFA World Cup™ Qualifiers
Total Total arg.gif Argentina Brazil bra.gif 6 Matches Played 6 2 Wins 3 1 Draws 1 3 Losses 2 8 Goals for 11 11 Goals against 8

Interesting flaws:

1. Actually an ultimate goal for Messi is winning a World Cup -And sometime he declared that-. This is the Shangri-La of the soccer world and that's make the real legends - Ronaldo, Pelé, Zidane, Cannavalo, Beckembauer and Maradona-. Sure we have cases like Platini -Which he won the UEFA alongside French team-, but winning a World Cup when you're the top soccer player makes you a legend.

2. China sure, but really India? Are you serious on that :blink: If we considerate international sports by the Olympics, FIFA World Cup and Championships, India has the WORST record of the big countries. Check the results of the last 4 Olympics circles (6 medals in London, no gold; 3 medals in Beijing, one gold, one medal in Athens, no gold and one medal in Sydney no gold). The results of India are DREADFUL. Just because they win more medals at the 2010 Commonwealth Games because India was the host (Made them advantage in Shooting, by example). Actually india is the opposite of the rule.

For Germany, albeit not winning, Germany has a GREAT record of making it in finals and semifinals by all the Cup winners -Even including Brazil and Argentina)

Argentina has a great attack, no doubt this, but still the weakness is in the defense and if the recent history repeats again, Germany can surpase again that weakness, especially with this new generation of Germans with Özil, Mueller and Podolski playing in match

1) Sorry but I disagree. Of course collective achievements are important, but they're not everything. Wouldn't Cruyff and Di Stefano make your list? they didn't won the world cup, but they won absolutely everything with their clubs. At the end, saying who is "the best of all times" is something absolutely subjective, but Messi is above everything I have seen in my life, even above some of the world cup winners you listed there.

2) Their record is dreadful, for the reasons I already mentioned (lack of infrastructure, extreme poverty, corruption). BUT, they are really getting their **** together in sport, they won 6 medals at London and I bet everything on that tally increasing at Rio. They're on the way to the top.

3) I know that (though we deserved to pass them in 2006). It's just that these two users brought up Argentina's title-drought as some kind of argument to prove... something which isn't clear to me. I don't know what they're trying to prove with that since I never said Argentina was better than Brazil at football to begin with. I said that we managed to beat them a lot of times, more than any other team, despite being generally inferior througout history.

4) Again, have you seen any match of Argentina in the last two years? It's clearly not the same team as back in 2010/2011. I know very well the german/spanish potential, but I think that given a match between both teams, in the southamerican heat, with probably +20.000 argentinians in the stadium, I would pick us to win, because we have the weapons to do so.

Even then Uruguay won the Copa America 2011 and was fourth in South Africa 2010...

In theory yes, but in the real world isn't true. We have the case of India with the lack of great results and then we have little countries like Hungary, Netherlands or New Zealand with small populations but better mechanism of inversion and plans with better results. Another interesting comparision, Hungary with a population of 10 millions won more Olympics medals and get better results in other Championships than countries with big populations like Indonesia, Egypt or Pakistan.

Of course small countries can have excellent results if they do a good job, but at the end, when a big, populated country does things as well as them, it's gonna achieve bigger results.

Uruguayan football achievements are admirable, of course, but 2010/2011 was their first good generation in 30 years or so. I don't know if they'll be able to keep reaching such high places in the future.