Buenos Aires 2018

Following that logic San Marino should be able to beat Italy, after all it's only 11 vs. 11. You must not be that silly.

A big population is an advantage in sports BUT it doesn't guarantee anything.

A bigger population CAN provide better players due statistic...

Netherlands with barely 15 million people already beaten Brazil lots of times...

And who knows? Someday San Marino can have a nice 11 team... The probabily is very rare, but it's not impossible...

Catra, me and my old ID:

2j0io9e.jpg

Even their ID looks old... :rolleyes:

It's from the time Argentine National team won titles...

Last time I checked FIFA gave the player of the century award to both Pelé and Maradona, so I think "the world" is not recognizing Pelé as the one and only...

But it's ok, you have your opinion, I have mine. i'll not reply further to not destroy this thread even more.

Maradona won the internet votation (suspiciously with tons of votes from Argentina, we in Brazil didn't know about the voting) and Pelé won the coaches/players/journalists voting...

That's really enough. Few outside Argentina name Maradona as best ever, that's a fact.

OK, IT'S OVER!!!

WE CONTINUE FOOTBALL DISCUSSIONS ON

http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/23208-2014-world-cup-football-debate/#entry411117

DEAL?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even their ID looks old... :rolleyes:

It's from the time Argentine National team won titles...

Actually, it is from halfway that (2003). Everyone has a new one which is a plastic card today, but I've been very lazy and didn't done the thing yet. I should because this is the last year they let you vote with this thing.

Actually, it is from halfway that (2003). Everyone has a new one which is a plastic card today, but I've been very lazy and didn't done the thing yet. I should because this is the last year they let you vote with this thing.

Hope you get your new ID soon, you need to vote and change the government for a better country in 2018.

The members of the Coordination Commission for the 3rd Summer Youth Olympic Games - Buenos Aires 2018 are as follows:

Chairman

Frank FREDERICKS

Members (in alphabetical order)

Danka BARTEKOVA

Lingwei LI

Barry MAISTER

Henry NÚÑEZ

Adham SHARARA

Director in charge

Olympic Games Executive Director

Why all threads about either Argentina or Brazil always end up with those silly rivalry discussions. Seriously, it's starting to get me annoyed...

Hahahah, you know we love each other

No, on the contrary, the top seeded teams will each have their own group so Brazil and Argentina definitely won't face each other in the group stage. In fact, due to the continental balance South American teams will be in separate groups.

jaja mirá hermano, soy más argentino que el mate, el dulce de leche y Gardel. Messi es el más grande porque es una bestia, un jugador como nunca vi otro en mi puta vida (tengo 25 años). Ya te dije que es completamente subjetivo elegir quién es "el mejor" y yo obviamente no vi a todos los que se mencionaron en el thread. Al Diego lo ví sólo cuando yo era chico y ya estaba gordo y acabado (si bien veo todos los partidos del mundial 86'/90' o los del Napoli siempre que los repiten por tv), fue un fenómeno, no lo niego, pero como yo, varios argentinos no lo tienen de ídolo por su personalidad y su identificación con Boca. Pero como Messi no hay igual, ni Ronaldo, ni Zidane se le pueden comparar, tiene una consistencia total, hasta cuando juega mal juega bien y hace 7 años que juega igual sin bajar el nivel. Los que lo criticaban hace unos años son PELOTUDOS que no saben una mierda de futbol. El equipo de Basile y de Maradona eran mierda, por eso jugaba "mal" (y así y todo jugó bárbaro en la copa america 07 y el mundial 2010).

Y dale, seguí boqueándola, seguí diciendo "lol u suck" todo lo que quieras, no vaya a ser que el año que viene te comas la cogida de tu vida... ;)

brasilero, brasilerooooo que amargado se te veeeee... ♫

Hahaha. Ok! That sounded more Argentinian to me.

We are good again.

brasilero, brasilerooooo que amargado se te veeeee... ♫

The only national team that have stadium chantings (a lot of them) depreciating a neighbour... You guys are so kind...

:lol: Danny, you should go to a Scotland-England match in Glasgow, Argentina aren't the only ones.

Ok, they just copy the bad examples from Europe, I see.

In Brazil there are not chantings against any other national team.

We'd rather to boo...

People only chants: "Brazil! Brazil! Brazil!", "Leh, Leh-leh-oh Leh-leh-oh Brazil!" or "I am Brazilian, with all proud, with love"...

During the Condeferations Cup, Maracana fans sung "Whoa! The Champions are back... The Champions are back...", but this is a chanting from clubs supporters.

• 1 month later...

Club River Plate elected a new president last week and one of his main goals is to work with the city for this renovation.

Here is his campaign video about it:

Thanks for the update. Personally, I prefer this proposed renovation, sadly it never made it - http://stadiumdb.com/designs/arg/el_monumental_2010 (Source: Stadium Database.

Looks a bit of cheap solution leaving a lot of space but not enough for an athletics track. Not that there's any need for it, though. I haven't checked where the competitions are to be held in 2018 but such a big stadium isn't needed for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks a bit of cheap solution leaving a lot of space but not enough for an athletics track. Not that there's any need for it, though. I haven't checked where the competitions are to be held in 2018 but such a big stadium isn't needed for it.

It is an improvement from the current look. But like I said, as I posted before with that different design, I thought was better, the roof looks nicer, seating is closer to the field of play, completely new lower tier, more vip areas and a renovated top tier, while retaining the historic shape.

• 7 months later...

The YOG's handovers are kept at a minimum since Singapore. As a matter of fact, the protocols are very loose in these games: the flame seems unimportant, the order of segments in the shows and everything else.

Archived