Mayor lies about support

Ken Livingstone has put out a press release stressing the support he has from 50 Marshgate businesses he has bought off. He is obviously very worried about their organized and resourceful opposition

What he did not clarify  in his media release was the he did NOT have the support of 250 disgruntles companies who are making representation to the IOC. Is the 2012 bid reliable? Can Livingstone be trusted?

Wait a minute – this the same geezer who promised that the congestion charge would go up to £6, but it goes up to £8 on Monday.

http://www.lda.gov.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.1122

Mayor hails East London business backing for 2012 bid

2 Jun 2005

Mayor of London welcomes today's news that more than 50 firms in Marshgate Lane in East London have publicly declared their support for London's bid to host the Games in 2012.

The businesses are erecting banners along Marshgate Lane today to demonstrate their support.

Mayor of London, Ken Livingstone, said:

'This message of support from businesses in Marshgate Lane at the heart of London’s Olympic bid is excellent news. The vast majority of firms in East London back London's bid for 2012 because they recognise the benefits the Games would bring for jobs, business and local communities.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well what about Moscow?

Moscow's deputy mayor Valery Shantsev recently said "Regardless of anybody's opinion I'm confident we will win."

The full article can be found at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...012/4630667.stm

This is a big fat lie (in the opinion of most people).

Infact, experts have all but written off Moscow's chances of winning the 2012 race. The city is widely predicted to drop to finish either 4th or 5th.

All mayors and bid leaders say "great things" about their city, and talk up their bid- london's 2012 is no different.

The Mayor of Moscow may be deluded like the famous Iraqi minister of information. He is giving an optimistic opinion. He has not put out a distorted media release – deliberately hiding the true facts.

Livingstone is not just saying great things about London.

This is a lie in the 45 minutes deployment of weapon of mass destruction league.

So what if Livingstone did put the Congestion Charge up more than he'd planned? It's money for public transport - try to remember, that's a GOOD thing.

Small businesses are no different from big businesses - self-interest has to come first, that's just the way the world of economics turns.

The Mayor of Moscow may be deluded like the famous Iraqi minister of information. He is giving an optimistic opinion. He has not put out a distorted media release – deliberately hiding the true facts.

Livingstone is not just saying great things about London.

This is a lie in the 45 minutes deployment of weapon of mass destruction league.

Only according to you Mike601, only you!!!

For the rest of us, it is more a matter of believing what our journalists say and not the 'quote' itself!!  We have the most vociferous press in the world according to most people, yet many good journalist still from all around the world still want to work with our many press institutions (papers like the "The Sun" excluded").

So many of our journalists have not jumped on this as negative, which they would if they truly belived that.  I respect your opinion Mike601, but have to conclude that you are in a very 'small minority'!  :rock:  :glare:

LOL, les rosbeefs sont desespérés  :laughlong:  :sweet: :help:

Do you know montreal666, I would love to be upset about being called a 'rosbif' just to please you and let you think you are annoying me/us, but it has never been a real insult for us, we find it rather funny.

As for being desperate - I have never felt more calm in the whole my life...  A good sign, I hope so, as every time I have felt like this I have wondered why I feel really calm.  Normally, when my country is in a sporting competition, I am usually really nervous (I drink loads and start feeling sick - and I was like that for the last Olympic vote that we were in with Manchester and we lost).  So this time I am feeling really confident...   :laughlong: Oh and the last few occasions I felt this calm, we wonc the Rugby World Cup and beat Germany 5-1!!!)   Something to think about anyway!!! :laughlong:

Cependant, soyons réaliste,

J'essaie pas d'être insultant, c'est naturel chez moi! :P
LOL! I don't think anyone will believe you on that...  
Londres na strictement aucune chance de remporter. Audi alteram partem

We will see about that on Wednesday you pr*ck!!!!  You know you are like Jaws!  Just when we thought it was safe to go back into the water...

Oh, and I always 'hear the other side' - it's just that your side ain't so nice, thank you, so I am happy with my side of the 'rosbif'!!!  :laughlong:

:sweet: Une sacrée chance que google existe LOL :P question d'avoir de la crédibilité dans tes posts, n'est-ce pas hehe? :laugh:

Ah oui et, rosbifs c'est amical voyons, n'y voit aucune provoc je t'en prie tout cela se fait dans l'amour et l'alégresse allons donc :sweet: , par contre si tu n'aimes pas je peux en suggerer quelques uns... heuu que dit tu de 'édenté' .. lol, ou alors de 'face de trisomique' =D... quand le chapeau te fait, tu le met. Pour le reste nous assisteront pas a 'Jaws' mais plutot a quelque chose dans le genre la planete des singes... c'est immensément ennuyant, on s'emerde.... et y'a pas de surprise a la fin lolz! :laughlong:

Well, some people may not agree that I have credibility in my posts, but I certainly disagree with you there.  At least I have managed a lot more posts than you without insulting just about everybody on here!!!!

Oh and by the way, quit the dental hygiene joke - it is really starting to annoy me now - not least because the last boyfriend I had was French and had the worst dental hygiene I have ever seen!!!  Two can play at that game Mr 666, i.e. Dr Evil!!!

And yes I know you are from Canada and not France (I can hear the French supporters sighing with relief from here!!!!), but there are some French posters on here who love to goad the British about dental stuff.  I don't mind jibes about our dental service, but do not presume that means we don't care about our teeth - or do you really want to hear that we spend more on toothpaste and whitening than the French as well as soap ???  I could go on and add more insult to injury in that we have recently won the International Sparkling white wine award above many others (including beating the best French champagne down to 8th in the list!)  I would not like to add insult to injury, however....   :wwww:

By the way, I am not sure you really understood the Jaws joke ???

What else would you like to throw at me, just so we can get you banned from this forum???

Qu'est ce que tu veux que je te 'tire' LOL .. bin j'pourrais me tirer une pisse sur toi ma belle mais chuis pas sur que t'aimerais heheh :ooh: Bien sur que je l'ai compris ta petite facetie sur Jaws, de un elle est pas tres rafiné lolll (mais cest correct, t'est anglaise =)), :blush:et de deux bin... bin c'est nul quoi  :down: Ta bien compris mon allusion sur la planète des singes ? Je reste dans le ton quoi! :wwww: Allez va me googeler ca ma choupinette hahah moi je vais m'achetez du champagne question de festoyer pendant 5 jours :laugh:

I am actually rather bored with you now so all I can say is that I will be ignoring you in the future, which I hope everybody else will do as well. I would also like to add as well, when it comes to you, 'Je m'en branle' - I hope that all French people will not take any offence to this as it is not aimed at them but just at you...   :rolleyes:

Archived