Glasgow 2014 brand

• 2 years later...

Here are some views of the branding as it is appearing around the city (mostly just on the main shopping streets at the moment):

aa_Central_Station.jpg

Central Station merchandise outlet (incidentally, merchandise is also available at other City outlets such as museums).

ba_Buchanan_W-George_Sts.jpg

Buchanan Street- junction with West George Street.

bb_Buchanan_St_subway.jpg

Subway station, Buchanan Street.

bb_Buchanan_St-Royal_Bank_Pl.jpg

Buchanan Street, junction with Royal Bank Place.

ca_Art_School-n.jpg

In case anybody was wondering- the north side of the School of Art.

cb_Art_School-s.jpg

And the south-west corner.

ea_Riverside_Museum.jpg

Also nothing much to do with the CWG- the totally bonkers but very enjoyable Riverside Museum, designed by Zaha Hadid. Take your binoculars if you visit, to see the cars on the top shelf.

ka_legacy_banner.jpg

Legacy banner.

na_Cental_Station_countdown.jpg

Central Station- the Countdown.

So heartbreaking to see the burnt out Glasgow School of Arts- and just before the Games too..... one of the most amazing 20th Century buildings anywhere.... :(

Is repairable, but just couldn't come at a worse time!

Must say I was expecting a little bit more with the Glasgow branding, I thought it would try and be a little bit out of the box like London, but I don't see too much of that happening yet.

Not entirely sure the logic behind the look graphic on the banners, but it's nothing amazing, though at the same time not entirely displeasing to the eye. Of course we will wait and see what the field of play will look like, but nothing is wowing me yet.

The multi lined font that is being used in various promotions and on the website is neat though.

That logo astrolabe sculpture adds some brightness.

Someone's done well to photoshop in that blue sky. :P

Ha ha...

By the way, does that sculpture spin around on it'self? That would be cool.

Must say I was expecting a little bit more with the Glasgow branding, I thought it would try and be a little bit out of the box like London, but I don't see too much of that happening yet.

Not entirely sure the logic behind the look graphic on the banners, but it's nothing amazing, though at the same time not entirely displeasing to the eye. Of course we will wait and see what the field of play will look like, but nothing is wowing me yet.

The multi lined font that is being used in various promotions and on the website is neat though.

That logo astrolabe sculpture adds some brightness.

By next month I'm sure the place will, hopefully with the weather's help, brighten up as the countdown enters final days.

Archived