2011-12 UEFA Champions League

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm expecting a Bayern Munich-Barcelona final!!! :D

APOEL is too easy for Madrid, but Bayern will beat them in semi finals ;) Milan vs Barça is a great match!!! Both are in great shape... But Barça will win, Chelsea vs Benfica, Chelsea will win...

Lisbon to host 2014 Champions League final

ISTANBUL (AP) -Lisbon will host European football's showpiece club match for the first time since 1967 after UEFA awarded the 2014 Champions League final to the Stadium of Light on Tuesday.

UEFA's executive committee announced the decision after the opening day of a two-day meeting in Turkey.

The committee also picked the new Juventus Stadium in Turin to stage the 2014 Europa League final, while the 2015 Under-21 European Championship will be played in the Czech Republic.

Lisbon last hosted the final of the Champions League - then known as the European Cup - in 1967 when Celtic beat Inter Milan 2-1 at the National Stadium.

The 65,000-capacity Stadium of Light, the home ground of Benfica, was rebuilt before the 2004 European Championship and staged the final.

http://sportsillustr...0656/index.html

Lisbon?? Aaaa I wanted Kiev to host the Champions league final :( anyways good for portugal they needed something like that...

Good to see Turin hosting the Europa League Final!!! Forza Juve ;) haha

Lisbon?? Aaaa I wanted Kiev to host the Champions league final :( anyways good for portugal they needed something like that...

Good to see Turin hosting the Europa League Final!!! Forza Juve ;) haha

I think they will wait for Kiev until Euro 2012 is finished to assess it.

Archived