Los Angeles city members have expressed some interest. But as far as Minneapolis is concerned, that article on here is about some kid starting a facebook with some followings. Nothing official or of interest from city officials over there. You can find similar facebook pages for several cities out there like Boston, Dallas & Phoenix, doesn't mean that city officials R interested in the least.

As a matter of fact, I posted this article from last summer, that Minneapolis has no intentions on an Olympic bid when other international press mentioned them as a possible contender for 2020, with other U.S. cities mentioned as well:

http://www.startribu...33.html?refer=y

I swear you are absolutely f*cking OBSESSED with Minneapolis. Seriously, do you work?

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if everyone in this thread just agrees to agree with you will you please stop? i'm not sure how many more pages of you posting the exact same post on the damn bus drivers getting lost we can take. i

Why do you like to repeat yourself multiple times? Its very annoying.

In sum....

Just out of interest and on a seperate topic, can someone tell me whether it is possible to block members and/or the comments they make?

There is. I know there's a feature somewhere in your profile where you can add members to an 'ignore' list and then anytime they post, that post is blocked out unless you click on it to read it.

There is. I know there's a feature somewhere in your profile where you can add members to an 'ignore' list and then anytime they post, that post is blocked out unless you click on it to read it.

Thank you.

Sadly I have a list of members to add to it. We shan't communicate again.

Remind me again how your precious Chicago did in the last competion? Oh yeah, that's right. "The city of...Chicago, having received the least number of votes, will not participate in the next round." :P :P :P

And yet the second anything positive is posted about Minneapolis, you are there to take a cheap shot. Stop being such a hypocrite. No wonder more people have you on "ignore" around here than anyone else! <_<

"cheap shots"? look at your hypocritical cheap shot above. And how original & clever of you. Did you get that last line from your Canadian equivalent member on here.

At least Crusader has somewhat of intellegence to try & get his point across. You on the other hand, are a complete was of thread space, And have been since day one of your unfortunate arrival.

I swear you are absolutely f*cking OBSESSED with Minneapolis. Seriously, do you work?

Do you? Again, how old are you? You've never addressed that. Are you still in high school or elementary school? Shouldn't you be in class instead of being a pesty gnat on these boards. :P

And I'm not "obsessed" with Minne as much as you are & your little Minne buddy over there.

I think the issue was originally looked at by a group called 'the Starting Line Foundation' in 2005 who seem to do research for the House Legislature in Minnesota. They also did work around a transit/transport proposal for a new Vikings Stadium

What ever the relationship is it is published by the House Legislature. The details on the bottom of the pdfs produced are

Robert Jacobs

Starting Line Foundation

9101 Nantwick Ridge

Brooklyn Park, MN 55443

763 425-7007

rjacobs@teamcreative.com

That has long been abadoned. Again, this much more current article just from last summer states the opposite.

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/124710533.html?refer=y

Thank you.

Sadly I have a list of members to add to it. We shan't communicate again.

That would be wonderful. I'm sure that you'll yourself blocking almost everyone that is sensible here , except for your new little gnaty, unintelligible friend that you've made yourself here, lol.

*find yourself

Now I know why Crusader sticks to the 'claim' that Minneapolis is the "3rd largest theatre market" in the U.S. Boosting a mythical Minneapolis bid must constitute 'theatre' in a city where nothing really exciting happens. :lol::lol: And I bet "Crusader" is secretly a St. Paul resident 'trying to push Minneapolis' so that poor MSP suffers the butt of jokes whereas the humbler stepsister, St. Paul, gets away scot-free.

Now it all fits!! :lol::lol:

[And of course, just remind the IOC that Minneapolis is the home base of that D-list sculptor Siah Armajani who designed the infamous 1996 Atlanta cauldron, and the doors to the Short List will be slammed faster than you can say "Alakazam!" ]

Next mythical U.S. city bid please. A double-mythical...Phoenix!!

Now I know why Crusader sticks to the 'claim' that Minneapolis is the "3rd largest theatre market" in the U.S. Boosting a mythical Minneapolis bid must constitute 'theatre' in a city where nothing really exciting happens. :lol::lol: And I bet "Crusader" is secretly a St. Paul resident 'trying to push Minneapolis' so that poor MSP suffers the butt of jokes whereas the humbler stepsister, St. Paul, gets away scot-free.

Now it all fits!! :lol::lol:

[And of course, just remind the IOC that Minneapolis is the home base of that D-list sculptor Siah Armajani who designed the infamous 1996 Atlanta cauldron, and the doors to the Short List will be slammed faster than you can say "Alakazam!" ]

Next mythical U.S. city bid please. A double-mythical...Phoenix!!

I'm not an American and have not lived in the USA

I'm not an American and have not lived in the USA

If you're not American, why are you pushing for a MSP olympic bid. It's a "C" city with almost nothing to offer compared to other American cities. I would understand if you were from SP or Minneapolis but not even from America, that surprises me. Where are you from anyway?

If you're not American, why are you pushing for a MSP olympic bid. It's a "C" city with almost nothing to offer compared to other American cities. I would understand if you were from SP or Minneapolis but not even from America, that surprises me. Where are you from anyway?

I was NEVER pushing the MSP bid. It is not a C city - according to the global cities analysis it is a Beta city and as a hypothetical bid it has a lot of attractive qualities.

Not opposing a bid does not automatically make you a cheerleader for it.

I was NEVER pushing the MSP bid. It is not a C city - according to the global cities analysis it is a Beta city and as a hypothetical bid it has a lot of attractive qualities.

See, that's why I never bought you & your sources for calling MSP the 3rd largest 'theatre-market' in the Grand Old USA if you use the same sources that claim MSP is a Beta city. We, who do live within the natural boundaries of the U.S., do classify Minneapolis as a "C" or a 3rd-tier city. You must stop using the C.I.S. (Central Intelligence services of Scandinavia) databases...or at least use updated ones and not the touristic ones. :lol:

Edited by baron-pierreIV

See, that's why I never bought you & your sources for calling MSP the 3rd largest 'theatre-market' in the Grand Old USA if you use the same sources that claim MSP is a Beta city. We, who do live within the natural boundaries of the U.S., do classify Minneapolis as a "C" or a 3rd-tier city. You must stop using the C.I.S. (Central Intelligence services of Scandinavia) databases...or at least use updated ones and not the touristic ones. :lol:

I used the official GaWC cities - the Global and World Cities Research Network - who built on the original work of Saskia Sassen who pioneered the term 'Global City' and which looks at the combined criteria of economics, political, culture and infrastructure. The latest 2010 lists the USA cities as follows

New York A++ (only London also has this)

Chicago A+

Washington A

San Francisco A

Los Angeles A

Atlanta A-

Boston A-

Dallas A-

Miami A-

Philadelphia A-

Houston B+

Minneapolis B

Seattle B

all others are B- or lower .... Rio de Janeiro is a B-, Doha a Gamma city etc

Not opposing a bid does not automatically make you a cheerleader for it.

But yet you keep telling us we should consider it. And thank you for providing that list which puts Minneapolis as the 12th most prominent American city. Do you wonder why we're all skeptical about their prospects as an Olympic bid city? Even Atlanta is well ahead of them on that list. You're talking about a country with not 1 or 2, but TEN cities in 1 of the Alpha categories. So why should the USOC consider a Beta city unless every single 1 of those cities ahead of them aren't interested? And even then.. does "a lot of attractive qualities" mean they can compete with the rest of the world? Again, you don't have to dismiss Minneapolis as an Olympic hopeful, but many of us here are and those little bits and pieces that could make them a decent Olympic host.. I have trouble seeing that being anything more than a pipe dream for them.

And yes, I saw that Rio is a B-, but they're in a country that has never hosted and only has 1 other city ahead of them, not 11.

I saw that Rio is a B-, but they're in a country that has never hosted and only has 1 other city ahead of them, not 11.

And Rio is such because it is just pictorially the most scenic and foremost "playground" city of Brazil -- not its political heart or economic engine.

Odd how the South African situation almost mirrors Brazil's city dynamics. Jo'burg is the economic engine, Pretoria the capital, Capetown, the 'scenic' capital; but because of the wide-ranging climactic variances of the country, and the foresight of the Durban city fathers; it is a "B-" minus city for them too that will be leading the next South African Olympic charge.

What were the IOC's options in 2012? 4 European cities and 1 from North America in the country that had hosted in 1996 and 1984. Vancouver 2010 I don't think had much of an impact. It may not have been time for Europe, but the only alternative wasn't exactly what they were probably looking for either. And then 2016.. I'm of the same opinion as you about the stadium, that it was a little bit of a cop out and left me unimpressed with their bid. But if Rogge praised it (unless you think he was BS'ing, and that's certainly always possible with him), then what does that have to do with Chicago deserving to go out first?

Interesting to ponder this.

As for 2012 options.....

Asia was out because of Beijing. Oceania wasn't going to happen because it's not big enough or powerful enough to warrant more Games so soon after Sydney. South America or Africa could have worked for 2012, but they didn't bid. Canada wouldn't have been an option because of Vancouver. It was still too soon for the US who had already hosted a disproportionate number of Olympics. Mexico was a no-go.

Yes, Athens is in Europe, but it's not one of those classic Western European capitals like London, Paris, Madrid. And prior to Athens the last European Summer Games were in Barcelona in 1992. So really, Western Europe made more sense than anywhere else in the world for 2012.

As for these Alpha, Beta, Gamma rankings, the IOC pays absolutely no attention to them. Why should we?

And Rio is such because it is just pictorially the most scenic and foremost "playground" city of Brazil -- not its political heart or economic engine.

Odd how the South African situation almost mirrors Brazil's city dynamics. Jo'burg is the economic engine, Pretoria the capital, Capetown, the 'scenic' capital; but because of the wide-ranging climactic variances of the country, and the foresight of the Durban city fathers; it is a "B-" minus city for them too that will be leading the next South African Olympic charge.

Interesting characteristic of the two, and you could argue that the use of Los Angeles over the likes of other cities like NY, DC or Chicago in 1932 and 1984 is similar to the selection of Rio and potentially Durban.

South America or Africa could have worked for 2012, but they didn't bid.

Actually, South America did bid for 2012, they just weren't short-listed.

As for these Alpha, Beta, Gamma rankings, the IOC pays absolutely no attention to them. Why should we?

Agreed. N for this someone to claim that they're not advocating MSP, they sure as heck R going out of their way to detail it otherwise.

Wrong thread but here it goes: Salzburg was eliminated in the first round in 2010 because of many European members voting against it so the games in 2012 would be a virtual lock for w.Europe

Which was kinda silly considering 4 of the 5 2012 candidates were in Europe anyway.

But at least three members - kernowboy, BS and Crusader - seem to hold those rankings in high regard.

Honestly, though, such rankings are bullsh!t.

But at least three members - kernowboy, BS and Crusader - seem to hold those rankings in high regard.

Honestly, though, such rankings are bullsh!t.

I never said I held them in high regards ... what is it with people on this site to talk total nonsense.

Someone said MSP was a 'C' ranked city. Not only does that ranking not exist but I simply provided the list