My impressions are the same. ALSO a complete makeover of La Guardia airport, it's the most convenient for domestic users and really needs a do over! Who owns it? City or Port?

City of NY owns LGA and JFK. Port Authority owns EWR and operates all 3. LGA in particular has seen some renovations in recent years. Don't know that a complete makeover is possible. Neither of the 3 airports has a very large footprint, so there's only so much that can be done. As opposed to, say, ORD where a complete and total redesign of the airfield is possible.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if everyone in this thread just agrees to agree with you will you please stop? i'm not sure how many more pages of you posting the exact same post on the damn bus drivers getting lost we can take. i

Why do you like to repeat yourself multiple times? Its very annoying.

In sum....

So I guess BR2028 wasn't kidding, we really did take over Canada, thus making this domestic??...

Air_Canada_Embraer_ERJ-190,_C-FHNY@LGA,0

Well if you look at our economies, Canada is very reliant upon the US. I have done business up North and you would be surprised. With the NA Trade agreement and Russia's growing influence at the poles it's only a matter of time until the borders come down and America get's 13 new states.

City of NY owns LGA and JFK. Port Authority owns EWR and operates all 3. LGA in particular has seen some renovations in recent years. Don't know that a complete makeover is possible. Neither of the 3 airports has a very large footprint, so there's only so much that can be done. As opposed to, say, ORD where a complete and total redesign of the airfield is possible.

While a complete renovation of LGA is not possible, it would be possible to extend a metro line to the airport. On a side note about LGA, it wasn't that long ago that Vice President Joe Biden was at the airport and he referred to it as a "third world country."

Very dated terminal what he said, and a recent doco on it shows a major upgrade is long overdue for the terminal. I'm just thinking its close proximity to Flushing Meadows in a possible plan.

In 2012, little London City really worked it's arse off, and that pretty much sits on a dock. A great complement to London's two major and two regional airports.

Thought as much...Great for the domestic market though. Does have a private international security clearance, great for IOC diplomatic reps to use in that bubble of a world they live in.

Well if you look at our economies, Canada is very reliant upon the US. I have done business up North and you would be surprised. With the NA Trade agreement and Russia's growing influence at the poles it's only a matter of time until the borders come down and America get's 13 new states.

So reliant Canada's economy did worse then the USA during the recession of 2008. End sarcasm.

• Like 1

547 pages of good discussion ruined twice by the same troll...Gott, I'm starting a petition to ban BR2028

I will sign.

547 pages of good discussion ruined twice by the same troll...Gott, I'm starting a petition to ban BR2028

Do we really want that though? I mean come on, if BR2028 leaves us again, who is gonna keep us updated on the mag-lev rail line between New Orleans and Baton Rouge!? :P:P

Do we really want that though? I mean come on, if BR2028 leaves us again, who is gonna keep us updated on the mag-lev rail line between New Orleans and Baton Rouge!? :P:P

pffffft... fugget dat. its all bout da California High Speed Rail. WOOT! Which BTW iz soooo close to be built if it aint fur da NIBYs. Oh and da China-Russia-Canada-'MERICA Line iz pretty bicg too. Gotta keep wit da latest trands, man.

0edc31bb0d44854f4f440aea691887ca25ad4730CYBERBULLING

Lol Randall.

Difference is, BR2028 is a racist and nationalistic troll. Tony is just an uniformed kid.

• Like 1

I reply to his comments with light banter and indifference....also noticed he has dissappeared for now.

I reply to his comments with light banter and indifference....also noticed he has dissappeared for now.

He had like a four month disappearance. He was really active and in troll mode in like July to the vote, then he disappeared and did not return till a few months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

The following articles provides some great insights into the anti-Olympic position in NYC. The primary concerns seem to be the "condescending" and imperious IOC, improper land use and the diversion of funds and human resources away from thoughtful urban development and civic organization. The author makes it clear that NYC should not allow itself to get sucked into the IOC's game "ever again."

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/bondy-nyc-2024-olympics-article-1.1793616