USA 2024

Athensfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to my Magic 8 Ball, there will be a total of 5 finalists during the 129th IOC season. Three of which will be Durban, Los Angeles, and Paris (I shall refer to the other two cities as City D and City E, respectively). Apparently, City D will drop out first, followed by City E. Next Durban will be eliminated, then Paris, leaving Los Angeles as the winner...

THE BALL NEVER LIES!!!

(Also, the three cities chosen by the USOC will be LA, Dallas, and DC. At least according to the Magic 8 Ball)

According to my Magic 8 Ball, there will be a total of 5 finalists during the 129th IOC season. Three of which will be Durban, Los Angeles, and Paris (I shall refer to the other two cities as City D and City E, respectively). Apparently, City D will drop out first, followed by City E. Next Durban will be eliminated, then Paris, leaving Los Angeles as the winner...

THE BALL NEVER LIES!!!

(Also, the three cities chosen by the USOC will be LA, Dallas, and DC. At least according to the Magic 8 Ball)

Sure that's not T's crystal ball?

My Crystal Ball says this: (Lol :P):

Applicant City Bidders for the 2024 Summer Olympics and Paralympics:

Berlin, Germany.

Paris, France.

Rome, Italy.

Durban, South Africa.

Los Angeles, Usa.

Baku, Azerbaijan.

Istanbul, Turkey.

Doha, Qatar.

Cities that will make the Shortlist and become Candidate Cities:

Berlin, Germany.

Paris, France.

Rome, Italy.

Durban, South Africa.

Los Angeles, Usa.

Baku, Azerbaijan; Istanbul, Turkey and Doha, Qatar have all been Eliminated.

Evaluation Report:

Rome, Italy - 8.2.

Paris, France - 8.1.

Berlin, Germany - 8.0.

Durban, South Africa - 7.7.

Los Angeles, Usa - 7.5.

Baku, Azerbaijan - 5.9.

Istanbul, Turkey - 5.7.

Doha, Qatar - 5.4.

5 of the 8 Bidders made it into the Candidate City Phase.

Final Vote:

Round 1: Los Angeles, Usa has been eliminated.

Round 2: Durban, South Africa has been eliminated.

Round 3: Berlin, Germany and Paris, France have tied.

Run-Off: Paris, France have been eliminated.

Final Round: Rome, Italy have been announced as Hosts of 33rd Olympiad in 2024.

That's my prediction.

My prediction

USA voting

Top three candidates are LA, San Francisco, and DC

La wins

Applicantion process

La, Rome, Paris, Berlin, Durban

Durban is eliminated first

Then Berlin

Then Rome

LA and Paris are final two, LA wins over Paris by a slim margin.

I don't think SF is interested this time I rather throw my support to LA with maybe Prelim and Semifinal Football at ATT Park or Levi's Stadium. Pretty lucky to be a West Coast Olympic Fan you got 2 WOG within 1000 miles and now hopefully a SOG 400 miles away!

I don't think SF is interested this time I rather throw my support to LA with maybe Prelim and Semifinal Football at ATT Park or Levi's Stadium. Pretty lucky to be a West Coast Olympic Fan you got 2 WOG within 1000 miles and now hopefully a SOG 400 miles away!

No I think San Fran is interested, it's just they're being more quiet and secretive

No I think San Fran is interested, it's just they're being more quiet and secretive

SF has shown interest, but I don't think they're going to be able to pull it all together to form a competitive bid. Aside from the bureaucratic red tape (not that other cities don't have similar issues), the Bay Area just built an NFL Stadium a long ways from San Francisco proper, there is an unsettled stadium issue on the other side of the bay, so I'm not sure an Olympics would be a priority for them in the next few years.

It's not in San Francisco's best interest to be 'quiet & secretative' at this point in the game. We already know that they're one of the seven cities that the USOC is currently talking to & intends to trim down to two or three cities in June. And now that Los Angeles has brought things to the next level, then if someone else has a better plan than that, then now is the time to come forward if they don't want to be left behind.

With all the bureaucracy & red-tape politics that plagued San Francisco in general (much like DC & many other East Coast cities), along with the new Levi stadium already under construction all the way down in far-flung San Jose for the 49ners, it's not very probable that they do have a better plan, & that's the most likely reason why we haven't heard much from them. Unless they pull some magic trick, I can't see them being part of that two or three cities next month. Unfortunate, cuz they would make for an amazing candidate, but without a feasible & winnable plan to start with, then it won't mean much in the grand scheme of things anyway.

It's not in San Francisco's best interest to be 'quiet & secretative' at this point in the game. We already know that they're one of the seven cities that the USOC is currently talking to & intends to trim down to two or three cities in June. And now that Los Angeles has brought things to the next level, then if someone else has a better plan than that, then now is the time to come forward if they don't want to be left behind.

This. If San Francisco and company have something to offer, now is the time to tell the USOC. They don't have to make some big public declaration, but they do have to make their intentions known to the USOC sooner rather than later. What we saw from LA may or may not have been for public consumption, which is probably why it got taken down. But at this point in the game, these cities need to prove to the USOC they're worthy of attention, so now is the time to start puffing their chests to the USOC if they want to be taken seriously.

This. If San Francisco and company have something to offer, now is the time to tell the USOC. They don't have to make some big public declaration, but they do have to make their intentions known to the USOC sooner rather than later. What we saw from LA may or may not have been for public consumption, which is probably why it got taken down. But at this point in the game, these cities need to prove to the USOC they're worthy of attention, so now is the time to start puffing their chests to the USOC if they want to be taken seriously.

For all we know, they are.

For all we know, they are.

It's possible. Still, we heard rumblings about Los Angeles before we caught wind of their plans, so it wasn't totally out of left field that they put together such an extensive proposal. Really haven't heard much of anything from San Fran. I know they get mentioned on the list of cities, but I remain very skeptical about their involvement. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they were a complete non-factor in all this.

When did it get taken down?

Last weekend. Looks like it was up for about a week (presumably, when we first saw it may not be when it was first put up) before it was taken down.

Maybe one of the reasons why they took it down was because farmers field and the whole convention center idea is very close to be pronounced dead.

The convention center is fine regardless. And an Olympic bid could factor into the Farmers Field project, which is up in the air, not "close to be pronounced dead."

What we saw from LA may or may not have been for public consumption, which is probably why it got taken down.

twas a huge tease......like a glossy sexy tease....if you like that you'll always love LA.

let me be your angel?

Of the 15 members of the USOC board of directors, at least 5 have strong ties to LA, including two of the most influential, IOC members DeFrantz and Easton, both residents. At least 8 have strong ties to California, including chairman and IOC member Probst.

USA last time hosted SOG was in 1996, France in 1924

USA last time hosted WOG was in 2002, France in 1992

LA last time hosted olympics was in 1984, Paris in 1924

So with no doubt it is Paris turn to host Olympics. Bye bye LA :D

NOT ACCORDING TO THE CRYSTAL BALL!!!

THE CRYSTAL BALL IS NEVER INCORRECT.

NEVER. :angry:

USA last time hosted SOG was in 1996, France in 1924

USA last time hosted WOG was in 2002, France in 1992

LA last time hosted olympics was in 1984, Paris in 1924

So with no doubt it is Paris turn to host Olympics. Bye bye LA :D

Hello NBC Tape Delays