• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if everyone in this thread just agrees to agree with you will you please stop? i'm not sure how many more pages of you posting the exact same post on the damn bus drivers getting lost we can take. i

Why do you like to repeat yourself multiple times? Its very annoying.

In sum....

You obviously pick and choose what part of the forum you have read. Roughly, 90 per cent of members have said New York are highly unlikely to Bid in other words. When I said a New York City Games in 2032 would be good, people said New York won't bid.

Your reading comprehension skills suck.

I am well aware of what "members have said." Hell, YOU are a member. Does that mean you have the definitive answer on what New York will do? A majority of "members" said Tokyo 2020 was dead in the water when they declared as well. Obviously the suspicions of the "members" are not facts.

I repeat: show me a quote from one NEW YORK CITY OFFICIAL OR MEMBER OF THE USOC that says New York is not interested.

I don't like the idea of NYC Games and they may well not bid -- but you don't know that and you should stop acting like it's a fact.

He was just saying that based on the facts. De Blasio doesn't seem like the mayor to do so. Also NYC hasn't said anything regarding the olympics lately. Trust me I would love to see the Olympics in NYC they will do a magnificiant job but sadly I don't think they are going to bid.

Excuse me, what facts? Just because you don't THINK they will bid does not mean it's a FACT that they won't.

If you have facts, I'm genuinely interested. To date, there haven't been any, but I expect some in the weeks ahead.

Will you please cite an article that quotes any New York City official or any one from the USOC who say New York doesn't want to bid?

Can you cite an article that so much as hints that there's any New York City official or anyone from the USOC who says New York has any interest in bidding? Yea, I'm betting you can't.

I know you're fixated on this idea that if anyone says New York is not bidding, you need to point out they're wrong. That's why I'm always very careful in my wording about New York, less you jump all over me for not acknowledging the remote chance (and it grows more remote as time passes) that there might be an NYC bid. And I'm sure it's not a coincidence that it's Tony who made the comment so of course you had to fire back at him.

If you want to acknowledge the possibility there might be a NYC bid, feel free to do that to your hearts content. But if you're waiting for an official declaration that they're not bidding, it's probably not going to happen. My guess is that whenever the USOC finally makes an announcement about potential bid cities, New York simply won't be on there.

No one from New York, be it a city official or some other corporate interest, has indicated any serious interest in bidding for the Olympics. That's not an opinion. That is a statement of fact. It has been nearly a full year since the USOC's letter went out. Once again, that there hasn't been anything in that time is not proof of anything, but it does tell you something whether you want to acknowledge it or not. As the saying here goes, the silence from NYC is deafening.

2032 seems to be like a good time for the US, and even maybe NYC. The next two Olympics will probably be hosted in Europe and South Africa. Also, by 2032, will the NYC football teams' leases be up? So they'll be looking for a new home?

MetLife Stadium cost $1.6 billion. If that stadium were to only last 25 years, something is seriously wrong with that picture. And if you're going to cite Turner Field, remember that the Braves aren't planning to move because the stadium is inadequate, they simply want to move closer to the wealthier portion of their fanbase.

So no, very unlikely 1 or both teams will be looking for a new home then, less they want to further punish their season ticket bases like they did when this stadium was built.

MetLife Stadium cost $1.6 billion. If that stadium were to only last 25 years, something is seriously wrong with that picture. And if you're going to cite Turner Field, remember that the Braves aren't planning to move because the stadium is inadequate, they simply want to move closer to the wealthier portion of their fanbase.

So no, very unlikely 1 or both teams will be looking for a new home then, less they want to further punish their season ticket bases like they did when this stadium was built.

Just a thought...

The World's Fair site in Flushing is really intriguing, especially with the tennis and baseball stadiums already nearby. Has there ever been any discussion about turning it into a campus for a new college? That would be a solid use for the stadium, and the athlete accommodations transition to dorm rooms has been done many times before.

The World's Fair site in Flushing is really intriguing, especially with the tennis and baseball stadiums already nearby. Has there ever been any discussion about turning it into a campus for a new college? That would be a solid use for the stadium, and the athlete accommodations transition to dorm rooms has been done many times before.

I like it too! If they put Archery at the globe, build an Olympic Stadium and maybe fit an Aquatics Center, they'll have a nice cluster going on!

2032 seems to be like a good time for the US, and even maybe NYC. The next two Olympics will probably be hosted in Europe and South Africa. Also, by 2032, will the NYC football teams' leases be up? So they'll be looking for a new home?

IMO, New York City's earliest chance will be 2036. Because Europe will have 2024 (they won't have 3 Non-European Olympics in a row), 2028 will be Durban and 2032 will come back to Europe. 2036 for New York City or Toronto.

Your reading comprehension skills suck.

I am well aware of what "members have said." Hell, YOU are a member. Does that mean you have the definitive answer on what New York will do? A majority of "members" said Tokyo 2020 was dead in the water when they declared as well. Obviously the suspicions of the "members" are not facts.

I repeat: show me a quote from one NEW YORK CITY OFFICIAL OR MEMBER OF THE USOC that says New York is not interested.

I don't like the idea of NYC Games and they may well not bid -- but you don't know that and you should stop acting like it's a fact.

Excuse me, what facts? Just because you don't THINK they will bid does not mean it's a FACT that they won't.

If you have facts, I'm genuinely interested. To date, there haven't been any, but I expect some in the weeks ahead.

I was actually a supporter of Tokyo 2020 since the start of the 2020 Bidding process. Also, I never actually said New York City will deffiently not Bid. I said in other words, they most likely won't, but your jumping on your high horse as usual, and my reading skills are fine, just you pick and choose what you read. Again, I never stated New York City won't Bid deffiently, I said it looks as if they probably won't. Also, like Quaker stated, prove a point that New York City will Bid.

Can you cite an article that so much as hints that there's any New York City official or anyone from the USOC who says New York has any interest in bidding? Yea, I'm betting you can't.

I know you're fixated on this idea that if anyone says New York is not bidding, you need to point out they're wrong. That's why I'm always very careful in my wording about New York, less you jump all over me for not acknowledging the remote chance (and it grows more remote as time passes) that there might be an NYC bid. And I'm sure it's not a coincidence that it's Tony who made the comment so of course you had to fire back at him.

If you want to acknowledge the possibility there might be a NYC bid, feel free to do that to your hearts content. But if you're waiting for an official declaration that they're not bidding, it's probably not going to happen. My guess is that whenever the USOC finally makes an announcement about potential bid cities, New York simply won't be on there.

No one from New York, be it a city official or some other corporate interest, has indicated any serious interest in bidding for the Olympics. That's not an opinion. That is a statement of fact. It has been nearly a full year since the USOC's letter went out. Once again, that there hasn't been anything in that time is not proof of anything, but it does tell you something whether you want to acknowledge it or not. As the saying here goes, the silence from NYC is deafening.

Of course, I can't prove NYC is bidding. Never said I could. Don't want to. Hope NYC doesn't bid.

The whole point is that there is ZERO information either way. When people say NYC isn't interested it's unsupportable supposition. Everyone has to simply wait until there are facts, rather than fling opinions around as if they were evidence.

Of course, I can't prove NYC is bidding. Never said I could. Don't want to. Hope NYC doesn't bid.

The whole point is that there is ZERO information either way. When people say NYC isn't interested it's unsupportable supposition. Everyone has to simply wait until there are facts, rather than fling opinions around as if they were evidence.

Hypocrite. You fling your opinions around as if they were evidence. Hypocrite. Anyway, I never stated New York City was 100 per cent not Bidding.

IMO, New York City's earliest chance will be 2036. Because Europe will have 2024 (they won't have 3 Non-European Olympics in a row), 2028 will be Durban and 2032 will come back to Europe. 2036 for New York City or Toronto.

I was actually a supporter of Tokyo 2020 since the start of the 2020 Bidding process. Also, I never actually said New York City will deffiently not Bid. I said in other words, they most likely won't, but your jumping on your high horse as usual, and my reading skills are fine, just you pick and choose what you read. Again, I never stated New York City won't Bid deffiently, I said it looks as if they probably won't. Also, like Quaker stated, prove a point that New York City will Bid.

Tony, you said that in multiple posts. Do you have amnesia as well? Poor boy.

The point is that NYC is an unknown without conclusive evidence for or against a bid. So stop lumping NYC in with Chicago. We KNOW Chicago won't bid. We don't know what NYC will do.

Tony, you said that in multiple posts. Do you have amnesia as well? Poor boy.

The point is that NYC is an unknown without conclusive evidence for or against a bid. So stop lumping NYC in with Chicago. We KNOW Chicago won't bid. We don't know what NYC will do.

I never said New York City was deffiently going to Bid. Also, I don't have amnesia, don't patronise me, and don't joke about Amnesia, as some people have it and have to suffer and could take offence, and don't find it as a joke, so don't use an illness to try and help your argument.

I'm not a hypocrite at all. Now you're just being pathetic.

Your saying people shouldn't throw their opinions about until it becomes fact, but that's what your doing, so your a hypocrite. Look up the word hypocrite, it might even have a picture of you next to it.

who needs facts when random 15 year olds run this forum now

I never said New York City was deffiently going to Bid. Also, I don't have amnesia, don't patronise me, and don't joke about Amnesia, as some people have it and have to suffer and could take offence, and don't find it as a joke, so don't use an illness to try and help your argument.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

thats so precious

who needs facts when random 15 year olds run this forum now

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What are you talking about? GBModerator and fellow mods run the forum. Also, I'm 16 nearly 17 not 15 so get your figures right if that was pointed towards me. End of argument. My point is made, i've listened to Athensfans side of it, end of.

Again, this sounds an awful lot like August 2011 where just about everyone here accepted that the USOC wasn't going to bid for 2020, but you didn't want to rule it out. You've been saying we have to wait for almost a year now. I think we've done enough waiting to make a fairly informed assumption that NYC is almost assuredly not going to bid. You can't keep saying there's zero information where we've heard from a number of cities (and not from official proclamations from the USOC) that they are interested where we have heard nothing, abso-freaking-lutely nothing out of NYC. There has been no interest shown by NYC for an Olympic bid. Again, that's a statement of fact, not opinion. I've always granted that a month from now or maybe even tomorrow that could change. Until it does though, that deafening silence from New York is evidence. Might be circumstantial evidence, but evidence nonetheless. If you want to wait for facts, you go do that. The rest of us don't want to wait. Stop trying to tell us we can't make an assumption simply because you're telling us not to. You do not speak for "Everyone"

• Like 1

sorry i meant "ruin" not run :lol: :lol: :lol:

How am I ruining it by making a valid point that I never stated New York City would never Bid and pointing out that Athensfan is a hypocrite.

2 things here..

I know this is a statement of opinion, but you're making it sound an awful lot like you're presenting it as fact. Be careful with that because it'll get you into trouble here.

I saw you say that in another thread and I thought it was a typo, but now you keep using the word. What is "deffiently"? Are you trying to say "definitely"? Or is that some term used in Britain we're not aware of here in the States.

2 things here..

I know this is a statement of opinion, but you're making it sound an awful lot like you're presenting it as fact. Be careful with that because it'll get you into trouble here.

I saw you say that in another thread and I thought it was a typo, but now you keep using the word. What is "deffiently"? Are you trying to say "definitely"? Or is that some term used in Britain we're not aware of here in the States.

It's the term used here in Britain. Also on your first point. I did start of in saying IMO also known as In my Opinion.

I lived in the UK for years. "Deffiently" is not a word. You have zero credibility.

Get over it. It's a spelling mistake. Big deal. Anyway, back to your point, as I say you are a hypocrite. You say people shouldn't make opinion fact, but that's what you do. I've said that before and I say it again, because I don't like Hypocracy.

Get over it. It's a spelling mistake. Big deal. Anyway, back to your point, as I say you are a hypocrite. You say people shouldn't make opinion fact, but that's what you do. I've said that before and I say it again, because I don't like Hypocracy.

Hypocracy = form of government where a nation of hypocrites votes in democratic elections.

So you were caught in a lie...

• Like 2

Hypocracy = form of government where a nation of hypocrites votes in democratic elections.

Hypocrisy*. Just about to correct.

So you were caught in a lie...

Get over it. Everyone lies now and then.