USA 2024

Athensfan

Yeah, the drinks aren't bad. I agree Starbucks is way too overpriced and pretentious. The best alternative is Timmies though. It's too bad you guys don't have that many. You really are missing out.

:rolleyes: What one doesn't know; one doesn't miss. Enuf with your sanctimonious posturing. R u following in Tony E's fotsteps?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rolleyes: What one doesn't know; one doesn't miss. Enuf with your sanctimonious posturing. R u following in Tony E's fotsteps?

Sanctimonious posturing. Those are big words for a guy with a maturity level equivalent to that of Tony E.

Sanctimonious posturing. Those are big words for a guy with a maturity level equivalent to that of Tony E.

...and don't forget, he's an American wannabe...

How is Baron an American wannabe if he is an American?

Baron is fillipino...although living in America for a very long time. (amazing what you can dig up on google), everytime he takes a swipe at someone, I'll take a swipe at him, especially after posting an obnoxious post in Off Topics directed at me and a handful of other members.

If you haven't noticed over the last year, he has become quite curt and rude to other members and seems to think it's funny to pointlessly attack topics with obnoxious comments to inflame arguments.

Bcuz their coffee is so much better & cheaper than bitter, rip-off Starbucks. I don't get any pastry from Dunkin.

Yeah, the drinks aren't bad. I agree Starbucks is way too overpriced and pretentious. The best alternative is Timmies though. It's too bad you guys don't have that many. You really are missing out.

Fools Starbucks over all

Oh wow. An online analyst. Yeah, I guess those words were too big 4 u.

Baron is fillipino...although living in America for a very long time. (amazing what you can dig up on google), everytime he takes a swipe at someone, I'll take a swipe at him, especially after posting an obnoxious post in Off Topics directed at me and a handful of other members.

If you haven't noticed over the last year, he has become quite curt and rude to other members and seems to think it's funny to pointlessly attack topics with obnoxious comments to inflame arguments.

U started it. I only responded in kind. And I AM American--that is my citizenship. Yes, my ethnicity is Filipino-Spanish-American but I am a citizen of the US -- and who the F*CK r u to judge me, jackass?

Oh wow. An online analyst. Yeah, I guess those words were too big 4 u.

U started it. I only responded in kind. And I AM American--that is my citizenship. Yes, my ethnicity is Filipino-Spanish-American but I am a citizen of the US -- and who the F*CK r u to judge me, jackass?

Gotta say, I'm kind of with Baron on this one. I get that he can be quite provocative around here a lot of the time, even to myself, but I don't see the point in raising someone's ethnicity/citizenship into a discussion. It seems rather irrelevant? Given that there is no such thing as someone being ethnically American (or really Filipino too for that matter) who cares - citizenship is culturally the most important indicator.

America, like other new world countries, are not ethnic entities. Same goes for NZ, Australia and Canada. Anyone can be - isn't that just the point in countries like ours that are built on migration, and what sets us apart from Europe?

Gotta say, I'm kind of with Baron on this one. I get that he can be quite provocative around here a lot of the time, even to myself, but I don't see the point in raising someone's ethnicity/citizenship into a discussion. It seems rather irrelevant? Given that there is no such thing as someone being ethnically American (or really Filipino too for that matter) who cares - citizenship is culturally the most important indicator.

America, like other new world countries, are not ethnic entities. Same goes for NZ, Australia and Canada. Anyone can be - isn't that just the point in countries like ours that are built on migration, and what sets us apart from Europe?

Thank you, runnings.

Alexjc claims I started it. I've been around long enough to know when to start things and when not to. Why doesn't he look at himself for something that I took umbrage too -- and really feel it wasn't worth my time to engage with the likes of him any further. I'm done with this thread.

:D WoooOoo, did someone just throw their toys out of their crib!

...and now you're wound up just like you enjoy doing to everyone else here.

You just love insulting and verbally abusing everyone here who doesn't agree with your views and your supposed vast knowledge on the Olympic movement. Just because you have an abnormally high post count on GB Forums doesn't make you the bookend expert here...go play with your Amelda Marcos shoe collection - freak.

p.s. you can't read this because you ignore me...remember?

I'm not sure I have a favorite chain restaurant. One local place in Baton Rouge I have come to love is a place called Superiors Grill. It's a Mexican restaurant and their ribs are succulent, same goes for their homemade tortillas. Everything there is just amazing! So if anyone is ever down there you have to try and work it into your schedule.

Starbucks is merely overpriced milk with sugar in a fancy paper cup labeled with your name spelled incorrectly

:D Haaa true, but don't forget the caramel syrup!

Archived