USA 2024

Athensfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's just CLUELESS. He said the same idiotic nonsense yesterday in the South Africa newswire thread. He has no clue whatsoever that Africa is home to over one Billion people of different backgrounds & cultures, & sends many athletes to the Summer Olympics. So unless penguins & polar bears compete at the Olympics, there's a very good reason why there's no "rush" to go to Antartica for a Games.

This is the same loon that advocates pyrotechnics for the medals podium & trumpets places for the Games like Louisville, KY & Columbus, OH. So take it for what it is, nonsense.

Columbus has the stadium.

And not to forget what we found out later about how SLC got 2002, just six years after Atlanta...

Any American city that bids automatically takes them out of the running to host an IAAF World Championships in Track and Field.

I don't think that's high up on the US agenda anyway.

Yeah, but even Dick Pound said that Salt Lake was still the best bid outta the 2022 lot, so they didn't need to go to those extreme measures. And besides, Salt Lake won by a landslide, so unless the bid committee bribed the far majority of IOC members (which only like what, ten members got expelled at the end bcuz of it), they still would've won regardless.

*2002 lot.

Right. The IOC is going to award the US Summer Games in 2025, one year BEFORE they host the Winter Games.

This isn't the eighties anymore. No country is going to host 2 Olympics within 6 years.

Usoc is going to go for the summer games, that's what they want. The latest the summer olympics are getting to the US is 2032

If you build it, they will come. An Olympics could put Antarctica on the map. I'm thinking Summer Olympics, since there's no mountains down there.

Are you actually trying to make a point or are you just trying to be humorous?

Any American city that bids automatically takes them out of the running to host an IAAF World Championships in Track and Field.

Considering most American cities don't want to be in the running to host an IAAF World Championships, that doesn't seem like a real issue

This thread has almost 500 pages and 5000 posts. We need some humor otherwise we're bringing up the same points over and over.

Next week I'll be championing a Greenland bid, just wait.

Yeah, right. That's why you brought up your Antarctica "humor" on only the SECOND page of the new South Africa 2024 thread, in the GB newswire section yesterday, bcuz the USA 2024 thread over here in the future bid section (which has absolutely NOTHING to do with that other SA thread) has over 5,000 posts with over 500 pages. Do us all a favor, & spare us your Greenland funny, too. We don't need your "humor" "over & over" again either.

Jeez I hope the USOC say something new soon. It's been a while since this thread discussed much beyond Tony, Rio, Durban and Antarctica.

Then let's talk about even more CRAZY cities! Let's see...(checks through old threads)...what about Baton Rouge! :lol::lol::lol::lol: They would be better than London! :lol:

There is a pretty amusing Tulsa 2024 parody account on Twitter if anyone hasn't seen it:

https://twitter.com/TulsaOlympics

I have a soft spot in my heart for Tulsa and think it's an underrated city. I also admire their ambitions! But an Olympic city it is not.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was the best Twitter account I have read in a while!

I know this is the wrong thread, but I know it's been talked about here. But why isn't a Sacramento-Lake Tahoe bid feasible for a Winter Games? People don't seem to like the Reno-Lake Tahoe thing.

Archived