USA 2024

Athensfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Oklahoma City one of those "ten cities: and getting in on Tulsa's act?

Look at this very slick commercial..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1aXYHnGhzk

Even mentions it as an "Olympic training center" comes on at about 0:38 or 0:39.

I would pick them over Tulsa; I'm new here, but didn't the Tulsa officials say no to the Olympic bid? Why does the Tulsa 2024 team keep pushing it/

I would pick them over Tulsa; I'm new here, but didn't the Tulsa officials say no to the Olympic bid? Why does the Tulsa 2024 team keep pushing it/

Oklahoma City was not on the original list of 35 cities that received a letter from the USOC. They're not in the running. Nor should they be (not that Tulsa should be either)

There is no team; it's literally one guy who has been told to knock it off by the city long ago. But GB looooooooooooooooooves Tulsa, so unless you want to see a thousand page new thread my advise is.....don't mention that name.

There is no team; it's literally one guy who has been told to knock it off by the city long ago. But GB looooooooooooooooooves Tulsa, so unless you want to see a thousand page new thread my advise is.....don't mention that name.

At least what'sisname, Mavis? has taken the heat off Abuja here.

Seriously, WTF is your problem lately! You talk about Athensfan being "insufferable", but you're one to fricken talk nowadays. As has been pointed out by a couple of other members lately as well.

I don't need your dumb sarcasm, nor your self righteous attitude. So why don't you just save it for someone else who fucking cares.

I should start calling you AF the II. Or maybe I should start calling AF Quaker 2001 the II. Although it wouldn't be fair to AF since he hasn't been much of a d!ck lately like you fucking have! :-P

Seriously, WTF is your problem lately! You talk about Athensfan being "insufferable", but you're one to fricken talk nowadays. As has been pointed out by a couple of other members lately as well.

I don't need your dumb sarcasm, nor your self righteous attitude. So why don't you just save it for someone else who fucking cares.

I should start calling you AF the II. Or maybe I should start calling AF Quaker 2001 the II. Although it wouldn't be fair to AF since he hasn't been much of a d!ck lately like you fucking have! :-P

Is that kinda like how you're calling Phoenix the 'West Coast Atlanta'? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (seriously though, you swung the door wide open for that one) And besides, if you're gonna compare me to anyone, compare me to baron because that's who I feel like I'm turning into if anything. Yea, I've been pretty harsh on a couple of people. 1 of them is a newbie and I'm not the only one who has gotten on him, so I'm not exactly going to make apologies for my attitude there. I'm gonna take the rest of this to a PM.. no need to share with the rest of the forum when they won't care.

Well Tulsa is obviously a rough spot in this community.

Little bit. Unfortunately, Tulsa has taken up a lot of discussion here for no going reason. They're like the attention-starved kid in class that you just can't ignore because he won't shut up even though no one wants to listen to him. I've said it before.. it's going to be a national holiday here on GB the day that the USOC officially announces that Tulsa is no longer on their radar. I personally can't wait until that happens

Is that kinda like how you're calling Phoenix the 'West Coast Atlanta'? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (seriously though, you swung the door wide open for that one)

Let's get this right, Quaker. I didn't initially make the comparison to Atlanta. It was a member by the handle of 'proposition joe' who made the comment that "San Diego is the 'West Coast Atlanta'". And to some peoples bewilderment (including yourself), over such an odd comment, asked why is that so. Then I merely mentioned that "if anything", Phoenix would be more akin to such an odd title. So don't make it seem like somehow I started that mess.

And besides, if you're gonna compare me to anyone, compare me to baron because that's who I feel like I'm turning into if anything.

Yeah, these boards have a tendency to bring out the worst in people sometimes. Go figure! :P

Little bit. Unfortunately, Tulsa has taken up a lot of discussion here for no going reason. They're like the attention-starved kid in class that you just can't ignore because he won't shut up even though no one wants to listen to him. I've said it before.. it's going to be a national holiday here on GB the day that the USOC officially announces that Tulsa is no longer on their radar. I personally can't wait until that happens

Again here, let's get this straight. I wasn't the one who brought up Tulsa into this recent conversation. Baron posted something about Oklahoma City. Then a newbie said that they'd at least be a better option than Tulsa. Then you proceeded to say that neither are qualified. And then the comment of them all, paul after that said that "GB just 'loooooooooooves' Tulsa", as if we all have some sort of addiction with them as a candidate or something. We don't need the USOC to tell Tulsa to take a hike to know that they're far from qualified. Most know that already.

Then I merely made the comment that no one (other than one certain delusional individual here) takes Tulsa remotely seriously. That it's nothing more than the butt of jokes around here. And after that, you found the need to chastize me over something that I didn't even start. It seems that you have a habit of not pointing the finger in the right direction with such thngs. But whatever, I digress now. Cuz you're right, no one really cares about this, & I really don't care to read another long-winded post about virtually nothing. Just please get the finger pointing right next time.

Again here, let's get this straight. I wasn't the one who brought up Tulsa into this recent conversation. Baron posted something about Oklahoma City. Then a newbie said that they'd at least be a better option than Tulsa. Then you proceeded to say that neither are qualified. And then the comment of them all, paul after that said that "GB just 'loooooooooooves' Tulsa", as if we all have some sort of addiction with them as a candidate or something. We don't need the USOC to tell Tulsa to take a hike to know that they're far from qualified. Most know that already.

Then I merely made the comment that no one (other than one certain delusional individual here) takes Tulsa remotely seriously. That it's nothing more than the butt of jokes around here. And after that, you found the need to chastize me over something that I didn't even start. It seems that you have a habit of not pointing the finger in the right direction with such thngs. But whatever, I digress now. Cuz you're right, no one really cares about this, & I really don't care to read another long-winded post about virtually nothing. Just please get the finger pointing right next time.

I'm not pointing fingers, just pointing out a little irony that you keep taking shots at "one certain delusional individual here" and he doesn't seem to notice. And then I take a little shot at you and you get really offended for some reason. There are so many messes in these threads, I don't usually remember who brought up what. This had nothing to do with who brought up Tulsa. You know who's really guilty of bringing up Tulsa though?.. EVERYONE! :angry: :angry:

"Little bit. Unfortunately, Tulsa has taken up a lot of discussion here for no going reason. They're like the attention-starved kid in class that you just can't ignore because he won't shut up even though no one wants to listen to him. I've said it before.. it's going to be a national holiday here on GB the day that the USOC officially announces that Tulsa is no longer on their radar. I personally can't wait until that happens"

That is on the hope that the curse does not invade the USOC :P:lol:

Not only Durban, but especially those pesky Qatari's & Azeri's would be side-swiped by an Istanbul 2020 win.

I think either way, Madrid & Istanbul would negate certain cities on certain continents, but neither would take all of them out.

Archived