Rio 2016 Olympic Park

6 hours ago, TorchbearerAA said:

The look of the Games is not that much in the Aquatics centre.

Nog pictures yet from the diving venue from inside?

I'm sure they will be adding a ton more banners or something, maybe it's going up today.

5 minutes ago, DarJoLe said:

Very interesting to note that with the gymnastics and women's football so far, they have only dressed the first tier of the venue that faces the camera. Budget restrictions may have curtailed dressing the whole venue which is a real shame.

But on the gymnastics venue, they'll finish to put more of the look of the games after the podium trainings. It was the same at the Test Event.

....so I see very little order in the use of colors in the venues, it seems there is a mix in almost all venues of all the Rio colors. There isn't really consistency by venue or anything very specific. It's more like a riot of whatever, just a full palette splash not monochromatic or ordered. a couple venues had a tier of cool tone trim on one level then a warm tone tier a level above. Some have cool tone panels then and orange border surrounding the field of play. I read there is a delay in delivery of some trim, and of course the city and venue signing seems to be an issue bubbling up too. 

We still have a day so I'm sure it will all pop up quit fast and maybe make better sense in the next 24 hours.

p.s. I think the seats look great in most venues, except gymnastic which is a strange faded red with the green floor / looks like Christmas. All the colored seats look better and bolder than the look.

Edited by paul

10 hours ago, paul said:

....so I see very little order in the use of colors in the venues, it seems there is a mix in almost all venues of all the Rio colors. There isn't really consistency by venue or anything very specific. It's more like a riot of whatever, just a full palette splash not monochromatic or ordered. a couple venues had a tier of cool tone trim on one level then a warm tone tier a level above. Some have cool tone panels then and orange border surrounding the field of play. I read there is a delay in delivery of some trim, and of course the city and venue signing seems to be an issue bubbling up too. 

Maybe that's the point? Vibrancy created by lack of consistency in color. 

There definitely seems to be less branding at Rio's venues. Is the border around the velodrome track just going to remain plain orange? 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FAAN said:

Who is that hot shirtless hottie in the black shorts??? Me want!!!

2 hours ago, FAAN said:

Aww cute gay couple (I think lol) I want the one who's riding piggyback he looks like he has some nice arms! Screw it I'll take both the more the merrier!

5 minutes ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

So basically, the decoration scheme of the Olympic Park is the spectators.

Shhh don't give them the idea of using that as an explanation why they fell short on displaying all the banners and color and whatnot!

5 hours ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

So basically, the decoration scheme of the Olympic Park is the spectators.

Exactly. But it worked. I loved being in the olympics park and I'll miss being there. With people filigree through it had that colour, vibrancy and atmosphere you want in an Olympic Park.  Without people there it is soulless. 

• 2 weeks later...

Paralympic look is only swapping out the Olympic rings for the Paralympic Agitos, and adding sponsor boards to the corrals around the field of play.

However, from that shot above it looks to me like they are simply covering up the Olympic rings with blue tarpaulin...