Rio 2016 Olympic Park

Rio will be the greatest success in the history of the games.

It sounds like you've never been to Rio either and has no idea about the potential of that place.

You wanna talk issues, then open up a blog and waste your time discussing the corruption, pollution, etc, of every Olympic city in the past and in the future. It doesn't matter whether it is in a developed or undeveloped country, problems will always be there, since Greece and Rome.

Your opinion (and mine) matter nothing, change nothing, and add to nothing.

But I must add paul that I've notice you always bash everything that is posted positively about Rio. What is your problem? Were you raped by Rio or something? Even then, it wouldn't make sense to disrespect the citizens of that place the way you do. It's their home.

YOU are a TROLL and since trolls deserve no attention, this is the first and last reply you receive from me.

Congratulations on making that person admit he's discussing based on prejudice. Unfortunately, these boards became a hotbed for this type of people and contribution from across the globe is becoming shy less frequent, unless one concedes to some of the most unreasonable points of view.

There are a lot of unique and beautiful places in the world, geographically and culturally, Rio is one of many. I will admit I have had a lot of experiences with Brazilians that left a bad taste the last few years (oddly it was often while skiing in the states and Canada but also through business). Mostly those were people who were flying high on cash during the boom and I can tell you the arrogance was consistent and repellent, that kinda left a very bad impression. I've never been to Rio but my business was planning a couple exploratory projects there and I was looking forward to go because it would have been on an expense account, then Brazil's bubble burst so spectacularly that all plans were scrapped......and I'm certainly not going to pay out of pocket to check it out.

I'm sure the games will go fine, the sun will shine, the aquatic water will look blue and crisp, the flame will burn, the crows will cheer (and boo).....it's time for the games in Rio and they gave their right leg to make it happen. I'm sure Lula will enjoy it from his condo and Tom Bach will probably gain 5 more pounds. No matter how the games go Rio seemed much more interesting before the bid than now. I guess I saw too much sausage being made.

There are a lot of unique and beautiful places in the world, geographically and culturally, Rio is one of many. I will admit I have had a lot of experiences with Brazilians that left a bad taste the last few years (oddly it was often while skiing in the states and Canada but also through business). Mostly those were people who were flying high on cash during the boom and I can tell you the arrogance was consistent and repellent, that kinda left a very bad impression. I've never been to Rio but my business was planning a couple exploratory projects there and I was looking forward to go because it would have been on an expense account, then Brazil's bubble burst so spectacularly that all plans were scrapped......and I'm certainly not going to pay out of pocket to check it out.

I'm sure the games will go fine, the sun will shine, the aquatic water will look blue and crisp, the flame will burn, the crows will cheer (and boo).....it's time for the games in Rio and they gave their right leg to make it happen. I'm sure Lula will enjoy it from his condo and Tom Bach will probably gain 5 more pounds. No matter how the games go Rio seemed much more interesting before the bid than now. I guess I saw too much sausage being made.

Really??? Because you say you've had some unpleasant situations with rich stupid Brazilians you think you can judge an entire population? Of course Rio is one of many, but at the same time it is unique. People tend to love it here when they come. Of course you May be critical... our mayor and our governor deserve it, but it is really prejudicial to confess you have been saying so many awful things based on a experience or two you might have had. Shame.

Really??? Because you say you've had some unpleasant situations with rich stupid Brazilians you think you can judge an entire population? Of course Rio is one of many, but at the same time it is unique. People tend to love it here when they come. Of course you May be critical... our mayor and our governor deserve it, but it is really prejudicial to confess you have been saying so many awful things based on a experience or two you might have had. Shame.

I had many many experiences with Brazillians.......not all with rich Brazillias....... some in LA, many in Miami, several in NYC......and yes I think there was a year or 2 when many wealthy brazillians though it was cool to ski in Aspen, Whistler, Park City etc.....there was one year I felt every time I got on the lift I found Brazillians....it was truly bazar. I even had an assistant in New York from Rio......she grew up in Rio then moved to NY? I learned a LOT about Brazil and Brazillians from her and her friends. We hung out a lot around the word cup. I won't repeat the things I learned because you will not like what they told me, but of course they loved Brazil, but were also the harshest critics.

I think the games will be good....... I will be in Hawaii for most of August so I probably won't see much past the first couple days.

13658604_151313371957014_1373874890_n.jp

Hmmmmm...kind like that cylinder banner thingy. Edited by paul

How easy do you think it will be to get from the Olympic Park to Riocentro? I have a few days where I have events in both venues, and will need to transfer between them. I can't really tell if there are sidewalks or pedestrian paths between the two venues. I sketched out what I thought would be a likely path from the Olympic Arena to Riocentro in google maps, and it comes out to around 1.7 miles, so I'm figuring 45 minutes to walk between the two venues given crowds and whatnot - does that sound about right? Or, if there are no pedestrian thoroughfares, I guess I'd have to take the bus between stations?