Rio 2016 Olympic Park

What I'm saying is why did the IOC have to say this

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5231236

I understand the construction has picked up a gigantic amount but why wait for the Vice President to say that???? Why not have a steady rate of construction?

Why the hell are you trying to discuss something in 2014? All items I sent are more recent than the one link you posted here. The opinion of president and IOC changed. Im not in the Rio 2016 committee to know why they started the works sooner or later, it does not matter to me. Just know that everything will be ready for the event next year.

I will say the amount of work completed over the past year is great and necessary but why the delay? What happened? The Olympic park shouldn't have been a dirt pit 2 years out.

Brazilian bureaucracy and judiciary system... When you realize how hard is to surpass all phases in a tender, you starts to understand will works always starts delayed.

I'm sure it's making the IOC really nervous to cut it really short with the games quickly approaching. Aren't there supposed to be test events a year out?

They are already happening in the ready venues, like World League Finals in Maracanazinho right now.

What I'm saying is why did the IOC have to say this

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5231236

I understand the construction has picked up a gigantic amount but why wait for the Vice President to say that???? Why not have a steady rate of construction?

As explained a lot of times here... Brazilian bureaucracy to start works is terrible. You can have tons of sues in justice not to mention, companies must fullfill lots of stupid requirements...

About Mr. Coates, it was commented here in Brazil by people inside the Olympic Movement, that it was a political speech, indeed to avoid Nuzman (Brazilian NOC President) to gain status inside the IOC.

Curiously few months later, Mr. Coates come to Rio, saw all the works and said he was wrong. (Of course, no big media on his second speech).

• Like 1

They have come a long way since last year but they still have a lot of work to finish. Look at the aquatic center and velodrome.

I agree it's astonishing that they completed this work load in a year but why stress it out? Why have the IOC say that this is the worst construction process in history?

Well, if the Rio games are not the worst in history (like Atlanta 96) I'll be happy. Construction process in Brazil are not like China, but the events are a big success in organization , security and modernity. Great example: The World Cup.

Only just decided I'll attend Rio and so this was the first thread I wanted to visit! Nice to see the construction coming along. Well behind London and Beijing, but I'm sure they will finish everything in time for next August.

Really excited to see the photos being posted in here. A question of the Maracana, is it being updated/upgraded at all for the Olympics?

2015-07-21

Time-lapse video shows construction progress at Barra and Deodoro Olympic Parks and athletes’ village

A new time-lapse video released by the Rio city government shows the progress being made in preparing the two main venue clusters and the athletes’ village for the Olympic and Paralympic Games next year.

Published on the Cidade Olimpica (Olympic city) website, the video – complete with a high-octane Brazilian drumming soundtrack – show buildings and competition venues taking shape at Barra Olympic Park, which will the heart of the Games, and Deodoro Olympic Park, which will be the second largest venue cluster, along with the Olympic and Paralympic Village, where the world’s best athletes will stay in 2016.

The video shows how the Barra Olympic Park site has been transformed from the old motor racing track into a fledgling multi-sports complex, with the progress made on the Carioca Arenas most prominent.

http://www.rio2016.com/en/news/news/time-lapse-video-shows-construction-progress-at-barra-and-deodoro-olympic-parks-and-athlet

Its looking great in Rio.

I Cant help compare the broadcast centre to the London one. The reaction London got when people spent days, weeks, months and years complaining how awful the shed looked, then Rio builds exactly the same building, and there is no criticism.

Hopefully people in future will judge each games on an equal footing, its only fair