Rio 2016 Olympic Park

They have come a long way since last year but they still have a lot of work to finish. Look at the aquatic center and velodrome.

Well, here is the HSBC Arena, actual venue of the Gymnastics in the Rio 2016 Olympics, one year before the Pan Am 2007.

ZPkQYQf.png

ATHLETES VILLAGE- JULY 2015

0448d111-a715-42fd-95b7-d47df2725fe9.jpe

b0207db2-4756-48b9-8ef1-c4c93c2051c3.jpe

0cac1947-efea-417f-b688-2edca50c3ffb.jpe

ac35c3aa-1ffd-41e4-b4b4-02012a5bde04.jpe

1c8b5a41-c4ae-4a23-a03c-531a9b9fb18c.jpe

f4011dcc-5b29-42c8-a94a-dde364459fc8.jpe

• Like 3

They have come a long way since last year but they still have a lot of work to finish. Look at the aquatic center and velodrome.

The velodrome looks a worry to me. I'd say Rio has really sped up its preparations in the last year though, since the IOC and Federations were issuing subtle warnings. Looking at the Park I'd say apart from the velodrome things look like they're well on course.

My guess is the international press will start pushing about this with a year to go, which is soon

In the "1 year to go" the olympic park will have most of arenas with roof, the urbanism near to be complete and a lot of venues with seats. I think it dont will be so terrible like the 500 days to go.

Brazilian do the things at the last minute (PanAms, World Cup, Youth Day, UN Environmental Meet) - it's like a national tradition... Why people is still worried? :P

One day before the Opening Ceremony everything will be there, smelling new and shining and few employees will be removing dust from the construction...
Nothing new on it.

• Like 3

Brazilian do the things at the last minute (PanAms, World Cup, Youth Day, UN Environmental Meet) - it's like a national tradition... Why people is still worried? :P

One day before the Opening Ceremony everything will be there, smelling new and shining and few employees will be removing dust from the construction...

Nothing new on it.

Not only the Brazilians. This is a full Latin American tradition. From Mexico to Patagonia :D

I will say the amount of work completed over the past year is great and necessary but why the delay? What happened? The Olympic park shouldn't have been a dirt pit 2 years out.

:P:P

The works started too late. Brazil built 70% of the olympic park less than 1 year. Why they cant built more 30% in the next year?

:P:P

The works started too late. Brazil built 70% of the olympic park less than 1 year. Why they cant built more 30% in the next year?

I'm sure it's making the IOC really nervous to cut it really short with the games quickly approaching. Aren't there supposed to be test events a year out?

I agree it's astonishing that they completed this work load in a year but why stress it out? Why have the IOC say that this is the worst construction process in history?

:lol::lol:

Your informations is more delayed than the Olympic venues.

IOC President praises the Olympic city in an exclusive interview

International Olympic Committee changes tone and is optimistic for Olympics

IOC is said satisfied with works for the Olympic Games

IOC publishes evaluation of the works in Rio de Janeiro in 2016: "The chairman of the IOC Coordination Committee, Nawal El Moutawakel said she was impressed with the progress in the works on the Athletes Village at the Olympic Park in Barra and Deodoro."

:lol::lol:

Your informations is more delayed than the Olympic venues.

IOC President praises the Olympic city in an exclusive interview

International Olympic Committee changes tone and is optimistic for Olympics

IOC is said satisfied with works for the Olympic Games

IOC publishes evaluation of the works in Rio de Janeiro in 2016: "The chairman of the IOC Coordination Committee, Nawal El Moutawakel said she was impressed with the progress in the works on the Athletes Village at the Olympic Park in Barra and Deodoro."

What I'm saying is why did the IOC have to say this

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5231236

I understand the construction has picked up a gigantic amount but why wait for the Vice President to say that???? Why not have a steady rate of construction?