Rio 2016 Olympic Park

Wait, I'm confused by that picture. I thought, for instance, the tennis courts were down by the park. Did the plans change?

rio_2016_5_pranchas_formato_a1_pagina_2.

Plans have changed. Field hockey stadiums are no longer there because they didn't have enough room. Good planning on their part.

The Olympic Way, boardwalk almost 1 km long and 50 m wide that serpenteará through the facilities of the Olympic Park, in Barra da Tijuca, gaining momentum rapidly. In the photos, it is already possible to see the wavy shape of the track, which begins at the entrance gate, in Abelardo Bueno Avenue, and sinuously traverse the entire length of the park, ending at the live site - the place of coexistence and rest to the public - which will be on the verge of Jacarepaguá Lagoon.

The landscaped Olympic Park started the outskirts of the Olympic Way. Have been planted species such as Guapuruvu tree (Schizolobium parahyba), which reaches 30 meters high, and the palm tree type Jerivá (Syagrus romanzofiana), which reaches 15 meters and is characterized by the attraction of birds due to its fruit. In these plants there bromeliads, orchids and many other species.
During the Games, the Olympic Via function as main access for viewers, organizing the flow of crowds and connecting the sports facilities. Along its route, have lookouts where it will be possible to see the arenas of the Olympic Park. The highest point will have 10 meters high. After the Games, this boardwalk will be transformed into a public park with leisure and new afforestation equipment.

10678_723377541094012_382709477544060883

10426228_723377554427344_412207404330924

Source.

• Like 2

And now Mr. JOHN COATES is happy about progress in Rio after a interview to many international media outlets last week.

Of course, since he is happy and confident now, this didnt get big attention outside Brazilian media like all the bullshit he said last year.

Typical biased coverage from abroad.

Side note from Australian media:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/02/27/coates-praises-rio-olympics-progress

And more bad will in the last lines of the report.......

Baron, I do so know what you mean! Isn't it breathtakingly stunning of them to transform something like that? I am so stunned at these people and what they are doing!

This is a golf course, nothing spectacular in my opinion. But then again I'm not a golf fan, I loathe the "sport".

This is a golf course, nothing spectacular in my opinion. But then again I'm not a golf fan, I loathe the "sport".

I'm sorry, but fan or not, golf courses are some of the most breathtaking and stunning pieces of land around.

Golf barely belongs in the Olympics. It would be one thing if we were talking about Great Britain which has as much history with the sport as any country in the world. Brazil, not so much. So yea, stunning and breathtaking aren't what I'd use to describe that transformation.

I'm sorry, but fan or not, golf courses are some of the most breathtaking and stunning pieces of land around.

25362050.jpg

Golf barely belongs in the Olympics. It would be one thing if we were talking about Great Britain which has as much history with the sport as any country in the world. Brazil, not so much. So yea, stunning and breathtaking aren't what I'd use to describe that transformation.

25362050.jpg

m7KwUzr14vbWeJBiXTEP_yQ.jpg