Rio 2016 Olympic Park

And the Park is close enough to the lake as far as cool breezes are concerned. The 2007 PanAms also happened during winter and the night before the Opening Ceremony was the coldest of my life.

Rio didn't received much criticism about heat during the WC matches there, so I don't believe fans around the venues should be worried about this.

And the Park is close enough to the lake as far as cool breezes are concerned. The 2007 PanAms also happened during winter and the night before the Opening Ceremony was the coldest of my life.

Rio didn't received much criticism about heat during the WC matches there, so I don't believe fans around the venues should be worried about this.

Nope all those heat complaints came from Manaus lol

Amazing video :)

The Carioca Arenas will be dismantled and their parts will be used to build 4 municipal schools around the city.

Not exactly. The "Carioca arenas" are permanent. The "Arena do Futuro" will be dismantled after the Olympics (the Aquatic Center too).

• Like 1

It's a slick video, but unlike everyone else im not a huge fan of the design.

I think Rob mentioned it is similar to London, London, even in design, appeared greener and less harsh - this seems to be a huge expansive of paving - very hot . There are trees but in clusters.

I agree also with the criticism of the park layout, it turns its back on its best feature - the waterfront.

The live site is beyond the flow generation of foot traffic (the actual venues )- meaning they really need to get its pull factor right, otherwise it could be a dead zone.

That aside the venues look great- and a refreshing lesson in simplicity.

even though I understand and agree with the reason for it, I still don't know how I feel about an Olympic Park without a pool and athletics stadium. Those two features are hearts and souls to other parks.

even though I understand and agree with the reason for it, I still don't know how I feel about an Olympic Park without a pool and athletics stadium. Those two features are hearts and souls to other parks.

But the Olympic Park will have the main swimming pool... It appears in the video as "Estádio Aquático"

About how delayed or not the works are, this website from Globo have the complete information (pity, only in Portuguese), but you guys can figure it out since the icons of clocks in green, yellow and red are very universal.

http://app.globoesporte.globo.com/olimpiadas/instalacoes-olimpicas/index.html

BTW, most of the games are on schedule.

Where will they have the Common Dining Halls in there?

One dining hall for all athletes? Doesn't seem like the greatest idea since there's going to be 15k+ athletes and coaches and whatnot. Perhaps they all have their own dining station that caters to the nations staying in each building. Or they basically all have the same dining hall with the same variety of food.

One dining hall for all athletes? Doesn't seem like the greatest idea since there's going to be 15k+ athletes and coaches and whatnot. Perhaps they all have their own dining station that caters to the nations staying in each building. Or they basically all have the same dining hall with the same variety of food.

There are multiple dining halls within the village for athletes and NOC officials. Remember that not all athletes are in the village at one time, and they all eat at different times or in different places depending on their events. It's not like there's some "supper time" where Thomas Bach rings a bell and they all gather for a communal feast. My uncle worked at one in Sydney.

And I also think Baron would know considering how close he's been to the Games in Atlanta and LA.

Edited by ofan

That water in the first pic looks kind of disgusting. Is this the area where the water is contaminated from sewage bacteria?

Not sure in which picture you saw any disgusting water. About the lagoon around the Olympic Park, it's getting 100% sewage treatment (and to be clean in the next months). If you are complaining about the color, the water in this lagoon was always greenish, since is a bit swampy area, indeed, the region known as "Jacarepagua" means Alligators Swamp in indigenous language.

The problem is Marapendi Lagoon, the biggest in Barra region (and won't be used to any venue) won't be 100% clean up to the games, despite the promises in the bid book. Barra region is so beautiful with all that lagoon, Rio deserved to have all clean during the games.

About the "superbacteria" that was found in ONE of the planned courses for sailing in Guanabara Bay (30 km east of the Olympic Village), it has already gone and, of course, no International media report on the fact they discovered the bacteria was not that strong and would only harm people with low resistance to any kind of bacteria... We are getting used to see no following up of news from International media on Rio issues... They show the bad news, but not what happened next...

Right now: superbacteria is past.

Edited by DannyelBrazil
  • Like 1

Where will they have the Common Dining Halls in there?

If based on the same plans from PanAms, it will be made of temporary structures like big tents, all around the buildings.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

If based on the same plans from PanAms, it will be made of temporary structures like big tents, all around the buildings.

That's what I thought. At least 2 or 3 halls and kitchens. Not MULTIPLE halls as ofan suggested. It would probably be at least 2 huge tents (for both the dining and kitchen facilities) situated in the courtyards.

• Like 1

That's what I thought. At least 2 or 3 halls and kitchens. Not MULTIPLE halls as ofan suggested. It would probably be at least 2 huge tents (for both the dining and kitchen facilities) situated in the courtyards.

I think 2 or 3 halls are more possible than multiple, I will try to get this information.

• 1 month later...
New video shows how Barra Olympic Park will look during Rio 2016 Games Mixing footage of construction with computer-generated images, video provides taste of how ‘heart of the Games’ will be
frame_cidade_olimpica_-_parque_olimpico_
Barra Olympic Park will comprise seven new venues and two existing venues (Photo: Cidade Olímpica)

Rio2016

• Like 2