Rio 2016 Olympic Park

found some better renders, hope you all dont mind if I start a new specific thread regarding the new Master plan of the Rio's Olympic Park

Aecom and Wilkinson Eyre land Rio 2016 roles

Aecom and Wilkinson Eyre have landed high-profile roles on the Rio 2016 Olympics after being appointed to masterplan one of the three main Olympic sites.

Davis Langdon, an Aecom company, is currently providing construction and design management services on the London 2012 Games and it is understood Davis Langdon employees may transfer to the Rio project.

It is understood Aecom has been appointed to provide cost and design services on the Rio project. The other bid partners and subcontractors include DG Architecture (Rio), Pujol Barcelona Architects, IMG Sports and Expedition.

Bill Hanway, Aecom’s managing director for the UK and Ireland, said: “We are delighted and honoured to win this appointment and have the opportunity to work on Rio 2016.

“This is a fantastic city in a fantastic country and we know the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2016 will be a tremendous success.”

http://www.building.co.uk/news/aecom-and-wilkinson-eyre-land-rio-2016-roles/5023400.article

77945-970x600-1.jpeg

77949-400x600-1.jpeg

legacy plans for 2016/2018 and 2030

77948-970x600-1.jpeg

77947-970x600-1.jpeg

77942-970x600-1.jpeg

(source: http://fotografia.folha.uol.com.br/galerias/4183-parque-olimpico-do-rio-2016#foto-77942 )

Rio 2016 Olympic Park Competition:

Awarded:

1st place – Project 147

Arch. William (Bill) Hanway

AECOM do Brasil Ltda.

England

2nd place – Project 131

Arch. Ron Turner

Group “Aquele Abraço”

USA

3rd place – Project 119

Arch. Tomás Almeida Fernandes Salgado

Risco, Projectistas e Consultores de Design, S.A.

Portugal

Mentions

1st honorable mention – Project 126

Arch. Camilo Cortesão dos Santos Pinto

Portugal

2º honorable mention – Project 102

Arch. James Grose

BVN Achitecture PL and Consultants

Australia

3º honorable mention – Project 134

Arch. Jorge Gerônimo Del Castillo de Stéfani

Alphaville Urbanismo S.A.

Brasil

http://concursoparqueolimpicorio2016.iabrj.org.br/2012

Great video! =]

Rio 2016 Olympic Park Competition:

2nd place

i289951.jpg

Ron Turner and Gensler and Associates International

Group “Aquele Abraço”

3rd place:

i289955.jpg

Tomás Almeida Fernandes Salgado

Risco, Projectistas e Consultores de Design, S.A. - Portugal

source: http://www.piniweb.com.br/construcao/arquitetura/aecom-vence-concurso-para-o-plano-geral-do-parque-olimpico-227120-1.asp

2º honorable mention

James Grose

BVN Achitecture PL and Consultants

Australia

I really liked the winning design, but this one is also fantastic. They even make a sculpture of the logo!

Rio is the only city that I REALLY REALLY WANNA SEE before i die...That's like a dream place for me, I really want to be there in 2016 at least. But I should start to save money first...Brazil doesn't ask for a visa from Turkish citizens which is awesome :)

U should also see Naples. After all, what is the saying: See Naples and die!! :lol:

I've been to Naples, Florida... Can I already die? laugh.gif

I REALLY WANT TO BE THERE..BUT ITS TOO FAR FROM MALAYSIA..goodluck for rio

You will probably spend a day in airplanes to come... But it will worth!!! Save money from now and I'm sure you can manage to come!!! smile.gif

Rioconceptmap.png

based in the bid concept map, the radius distance from OV (olympic Village - next to Olympic Park) to the Rio downtown is about 25/30 Km

I must say that I initially had my skepticism with the bid and Rio winning. But I must say that Rio is doing a fabulous job in their preparation and their plans. It's interesting to compare the winning designs with the originals in the bid book and I must say that these are much more exciting and vibrant! I would love to be able to come to Rio for 2016 but alas my budget won't allow me to come so I'll be watching the awesome images from my TV at home. These games are going to be vibrant and historic!

Yes I've heard that the World Cup 2014 preparations have been a big mess unfortunately. Why the lack of organization and missteps? I haven't really kept up with it so I'm not too sure... Of course with 5 years left till the games there's still so much work to be done but here's hoping the lessosn will be learned especeially with the Athens 2004 Debacle! I'm sure Rio will put on a fine games though and that all cariocas will be celebrating! It will be amazing!

Yes I've heard that the World Cup 2014 preparations have been a big mess unfortunately. Why the lack of organization and missteps? I haven't really kept up with it so I'm not too sure... Of course with 5 years left till the games there's still so much work to be done but here's hoping the lessosn will be learned especeially with the Athens 2004 Debacle! I'm sure Rio will put on a fine games though and that all cariocas will be celebrating! It will be amazing!

The differences are in the fact that Rio city hall and Brazilian NOC are coordinating the preparations for the Olympic Games and Federal Govt and (the corrupt) Brazilian Football Confederation are coordinating the preparations for the World Cup.

Also, it's easier to put efforst in one city than in twelve. Somehow, for Brazil, it's more complex to put the World Cup host cities in preparations together than Rio alone (Olympic Games). smile.gif