Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenadian

The 2020 Bid Logos

Doha 2020 logo NOT unveiled at PanArab Games opening.

Maybe at CLosing??

st i cant understand.... the torch is samara mosque minaret in Iraq, the ceremony based on 1001 nights originally syrian and ıraqi based and persian too..

what qatar has to show that originally they have :S Dollars and natural gas? :S

Well its more obiuos that at the closing it will be unvield cuz if they are a success then the logo will proudly be shown. If some thing bad happens the it will be bettter another day :P

Rome 2020's logo will be released on February 9th !

Wow... Feb 9th 2012, can't wait, but what is the source of your info ? so Istanbul seems will be the last one to release their logo

Wow... Feb 9th 2012, can't wait, but what is the source of your info ? so Istanbul seems will be the last one to release their logo

It has been announced yesterday during a press conference of the bid committee in Roma !

Madrid on January 30th, Rome on February 9th, so when will Istanbul and Doha show theirs?

2020 bid logo design by me along with tokyo and baku,while waiting for innsbruck opening,

Awesome logos afiqnadzir....wow.

After Seeing Tokyo, Baku and now Madrid, What is up with them leaving BLACK out of the design. I mean I get it they don't have to but I feel as though this cycle everyone is forgoing the African continent.

Omitting black is not tantamount to ignoring Africa. There's no rule saying the bid logos have to include the ring colors. There have been good logos that made no attempt to tie to the rings at all. Its not a racial or geographical slight. It's just an aesthetic choice.

I'm sort of surprised that we're seeing so much purple though...

I think since purple is the closest colour to the black, so in Tokyo and Madrid instead of using black, they just replace it with purple, the closest one, and don't forget, on the all logos, the font still black :)

Could someone explain this to me, why cities change their logos afterwards. So the latest two cities of Sochi and Rio changed their logos to new ones. Is it kinda new rule set by IOC?

Because he first logo was the logo for applicant/candidate city, there is rule in this logo that you can't use something like torch, fire etc, while, when your city become the host, you MAY change the logo big to the original games bid, but it'snot a rule to change this logo, even if you check to winter games, albertvile 92 use the same logo, lillehammer just turn their logo, , isn't a must, but if you change the logo you can make more money, it's about merchandising and money :)

Rome 2020's logo !!!!

05yivmka.fen.jpg

Rome 2020 slogan would have been "A time for history"

That's a nice one. Gives a whimsical spin to it! They should save it for the next one!

Galander, to add to Tikus' answer to your question. The answer really is timing and intended audience. There is much less time to whip up a logo for the Applicant-bid phase than when a city has won the designation. Also, the bid logos are primarily for the consumption of the 100 or so IOC members -- just to help give them a brand identity to vote on.

Now, when a city is officially named a host...remember that the Host city logo will live on forever and ever, and it will be used VERY COMMERCIALLY by the global sponsors; so a whole "vetting" process (i.e., IP searches globally for every country in the world to make sure that another very similar logo has not appeared already elsewhere and is still in use) has to take place; probably advertising consultants are asked their views on it, etc., etc. So it will be a lot more thorough process than in the Applicant phase because it will then appear to the billions of consumers around the world. I hope I explained that clearly.