The 2020 Bid Logos

Kenadian

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.although i'm not sure of the significance of "a2"

A rating downgrade?

Anyway.. despite Rome bid logo may look dull I think it still works fine (except the bland tricolore).

It says Rome and Olympics and that's enough for a bid logo. Besides, contemporary trends see more scripts than figures so this is on right track I presume.

I don't think they're going to change it. Maybe a higher resolution version..

4logo i made myself for this bid

ISTANBUL2020

istanbul2020.jpg

I like the concept with this, a lot, but my main concern is that an arabic script is referenced, whereas Turkey started using the latin alphabet ages ago.

Istanbul, in modern Turkish, is written like this: İstanbul

Otherwise fantastic concept.

Though they repeated it from bid to bid, I thought that previous Istanbul bids used a really clever logo. I don't want to see it again this time, but I really thought the "Meeting of Continents" logo was spectacular.

I like the concept with this, a lot, but my main concern is that an arabic script is referenced, whereas Turkey started using the latin alphabet ages ago.

Istanbul, in modern Turkish, is written like this: İstanbul

Otherwise fantastic concept.

Though they repeated it from bid to bid, I thought that previous Istanbul bids used a really clever logo. I don't want to see it again this time, but I really thought the "Meeting of Continents" logo was spectacular.

yeah arabic one.... also a mosque is soo muslim. we always say the meeting point of cultures and religions so having just a mosque in a logo is st like denying this motto..IMO

well i think they gonna change the logo this time in a press speech they were talking about it.. but if u like or not guys its a very clever designed logo, ever ... also athens 2004 and rio ( especially rios ) amazing too

yeah arabic one.... also a mosque is soo muslim. we always say the meeting point of cultures and religions so having just a mosque in a logo is st like denying this motto..IMO

but the hagia sophia wasnt always a mosque! the building itself is a fine example of mixing of religious influences! (its also just a beautiful building and an icon of istanbul)

but the hagia sophia wasnt always a mosque! the building itself is a fine example of mixing of religious influences! (its also just a beautiful building and an icon of istanbul)

but using hagia sophia is st .. sultanahmet mosque is st else as a logo ( he said its blue mosque at the logo)... also its not a church nor mosque now but a museum. still there are small praying areas for religions outside of the main building but its forbiden to do rituels or prayings.

by the way its may be retrograding mercury but sometimes i began to write very unpolite while try to do the opposite. so to make it again clear the logos are very good but the prob. is that arabic script for istanbul. also it seems as a bridge too ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

4logo i made myself for this bid...

Really a good job! I wish you make anything like that for Baku 2020 too ;)

Our last logo representing ancient paintings of Gobustan, a UNESCO World Heritage site, was kind of dissapointing for me but overall not bad for the very first bid :rolleyes:

Baku_2016_Applicant_City.png

Well, Rome have had their one out for a while (assuming they stay with it):

lg2020b6.jpg

I was never a huge fan of this logo and preferred the logo they had for the bid committee, but having been to Rome, I think it's perfect for this stage of the competition.

It just looks so Roman to mee, it's classy and classical.

• 4 weeks later...

Madrid 2020 has launched a contest to choose the bid logo. It's open to graphic design students and the prize is a study grant to the value of up to €6000.

Good news... And good idea... Dou you now when is finishing the contest?

That's a really good idea, well done Madrid.

Agreed.

If a city is wanting to hold a competition for a logo (or mascot for that matter), this is the way to go. It's a far better method than getting the general public to put in their ideas. Let's reward the people who have decided to make this kind of business their career, instead of deciding that any kind of design can get tossed over to the masses in exchange for a free ticket to the zoo.

Archived