Rio 2016 Olympic Media Update

I did notice that Swimming and Track conflict in primetime for a couple of nights. Albert might be the NBCSN anchor during that time.

Fellas, don't over-think this. Albert is not an NBCSN anchor. He's calling track and field events. On the 2 nights where swimming and track overlap, they'll both be on NBC primetime. Neither is getting sent over to NBCSN. That's not why they have Albert in Rio.

I'm not naive. I know that this happens all the time around the world. I've been watching the Olympics since 1992. Still, NBC's coverage, even by broadcasting standards, is ridiculous and takes all the fun out of watching the Olympics. Often I have to press the mute button on my remote control, even during the Olympic Trials broadcasts. NBC can praise everyone on Team USA to the high heavens, and paint a gifted but resource-limited runner from Chad or Myanmar as a worthless peasant if they wish, but they forget (at their own peril) that the Olympics are for the whole world, not just their personal gold medal hoarding ground.

Oy, not this "hoarding" nonsense again. Michael Phelps is not a crazy cat lady because he's talented enough to have won 22 Olympic medals. Katie Ledecky is not greedy because she's competing in multiple events any preventing someone else (be it an American or whoever else) a chance to compete. Sounds like NBC isn't taking the fun out of the Olympics so much as you're ruining it for yourself with this notion that an athlete should be content with 1 gold and heaven forbid they compete to win more than once as if they're preventing someone else from a shot at glory. And as you yourself pointed out, this is hardly something uniquely American. So why is it about NBC and their push of certain athletes? Not their fault a Phelps or a Ledecky has come along and happens to be from the United States.

And as for NBC.. I can forgive them to a fault where it's good for ratings and their bottom line when A.) Americans do well and B.) it makes for better promotion when athletes compete more than once. When you have an event as big and as lengthy as the Olympics, it helps their case to have an athlete or too they can play up that you'll see more than once. Tough to build up someone you're going to see once and only once in a sea of 300+ events and 10,000 athletes.

So yea, this is obviously mostly in your head. We all know NBC (but not just them, other broadcasters too) will hoist certain athletes, usually from their country, onto a pedestal and openly root for them. But to call an athlete greedy for trying to win multiple medals? That's f---ing ridiculous.

MIKE TIRICO DEBUTS WITH NBC SPORTS GROUP IN PROMINENT HOST ROLES AT THE OPEN AND AT THE 2016 RIO OLYMPICS

Tirico will make his Olympics debut as a host of NBC’s daytime coverage, which will originate from Rio’s iconic Copacabana Beach (click here for more information). The Opening Ceremony of the Summer Games is August 5 on NBC, with NBC daytime coverage airing from August 6-21.

Someone asked NBCOlympics when the schedule will be out and they responded, "Soon. We'll have an updated daily competition highlights post next week."

Makes sense. The basketball qualifying tournaments are going on this week. And I believe the last of the beach volleyball qualifiers are also this week. I think the water polo schedule is still tentative, so one those 3 elements are in place (depending on when the beach volleyball draw and schedule occurs), that should help round out the rest of the schedule for everything.

Oh gawd there's going to be 3 people talking over the OC, and that third person is Hoda???

tumblr_inline_mw0r8yIU6f1s5jfp1.gif

Two is enough and I thought Matt and Meredith did a good job in Sochi, so to throw in this drunk loudmouth into the mix is just a huge no!

Agree with Hoda. What the hell she's going to bring that will enhance and make the ceremonies more enjoyable to me? Have to disagree a bit with you on this. As already mentioned earlier here on this thread, I think a third person provided he or she is a sports person, very likely a sportscaster, to partner up with the news journalists in the form of Laurer and Veira would be a good thing. If not that, one who offers the cultural literacy and perspective of the host nation's culture for the ceremonies. Vladimir Posner doing this at the closing ceremony in Sochi is a recent example. You can also take a look at several examples around the world of sportscasters who call the ceremonies like Bruce McAvaney and the late Ron Casey in Australia; Ola Wenstrom, Andre Pops, and Goran Zachrisson in Sweden; Ron MacLean and Brian Williams (with former news anchor Lloyd Robertson who does hold Olympic TV experience himself) in Canada; and Dmitri Guberniev in Russia. All this also serves as a reminder that, with all the pomp and circumstances in them, the ceremonies are still an integral part of a sports event. They can also hopefully inject some sports knowledge on the international scene too to educate the American viewers, who are so all too often caught up with just the US mainstream sports scene.

Kiwi sports fans can send personal support messages through a downloadable app to their favorite NZ's athletes who can access them by pointing their devices towards the sky--and also allows users to keep tabs on the schedules for all Kiwi athletes, relive winning moments in video, watch exclusive interviews, get instant access to results and much more--with the help and support of the NZOC and ANZ Bank. These messages will show up in a virtual field of stars. How cool is this?

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11667119

https://comms.anz.co.nz/dreambig/index.html?cid=pd--anz-ss-ol-fy16-nzherald-bonus-banners-300x250

Canal+ France's newer promo publicite for its Rio 2016 coverage. Naturally emphasizing Les Bleues in basketball, handball, rugby sevens, volleyball, judoka Teddy Riner, swimmer Florent Manaudou, and the coaches who motivate them interspersed with scenes of various other sports and Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps. Shame this breaks up at times like it would before broadband:

Telemundo's portion of the US Spanish coverage is going to form as I somewhat predicted: It will stick to the daytime with a focus on soccer and diving as it leaves its normal primetime TV programming alone except when rejoining with a nightly Olympic recap show at 10:30pm CT. So this means NBC Universo will handle the bulk of the 273.5 Spanish TV hours of coverage:

http://www.multichannel.com/telemundo-bow-three-new-primetime-shows-once/406125

Nederland 2 (or NPO 2) brings forth the Dutch broadcasting of this year's European Athletics Championships in Amsterdam with Sport 24, NPO Radio 24, and nos.nl (along with Eurosport). Safe to assume that Leon Haan, Andy Houtkamp, Stefan Verheij, Floris van Hoorn, Edwin Peek, Jeroen Stekelenburg, Jeroen Stomphorst and Sjoerd van Ramshorst will be involved with NOS' Rio 2016 track and field coverage:

https://mediamagazine.nl/ek-atletiek-amsterdam-live-nos-en-eurosport/

Apparently there's this list of the Latin American nations with the Olympic TV broadcasters in each nation. Even includes Telemundo/NBC Universo in the USA and Spain's RTVE but not Portugal's RTP and Sport TV. We've already touched on Claro Sports, ESPN Latin America, FOX Sports (both with each of its subdivisions in the North, Brazil, Colombia, and Argentina), and DIRECTV Sports here and will continue to do so. Some of the terrestrial broadcasters are already mentioned like RCN, TVN, ICRT, Canal 22, Canal 7 TV Publica, and TVes, but it seems there's more already announced that I have to yet to conduct a Google search upon for confirmation. Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, and Bolivia apparently got multiple channels but on the FTA and satelitte/pay-TV sides that will cover it sharing as partners. The Dominican Republic only has Claro Sports and no terrestrial channel announced:

http://juegosolimpicos2016.com/rio/donde-se-transmitiran-los-juegos-olimpicos-rio-2016/

The 2016 Spanish Olympic delegation agrees on a social media network support hashtag #TeamESP on Monday at the CSP headquarters in Madrid with TVE's Jesus Alvarez and several Spanish Olympic stars on hand:

http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20160704/equipo-espanol-se-anima-teamesp/1366663.shtml

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20160704/equipo-espanol-se-anima-teamesp/1366663.shtml&prev=search

ELTA TV acquired the Taiwanese Rio 2016 multiple media platform rights--TV, online, mobile, and radio--from Dentsu. ELTA is allowed to sublicense these rights to interested third party media:

http://en.ytsports.cn/news-1059.html

Want to be like that guy dancing at work next to you with his own laptop at the office? Why not get Claro Sports' live Olympic coverage of the upcoming Rio 2016 Summer Olympics with all its 36 live streaming channels and on-demand with all the sports so you can watch together!

This ELTA TV Olympic broadcasting structure apparently has 14 channels in its stable for its TV schedule--Olympic Taiwan (naturally focusing on the Taiwanese athletes or it should be called the Chinese Taipei Olympians as not to upset the Chinese), Olympic 2-10, an Olympic News Channel, a regular sports channel that will accommodate the Olympics in some degree, Recreation Desk, and Soccer Table. All in HD that begins on August 8, so that means no pre-Olympic Games soccer on ELTA unless it adds to the schedule. Popular Olympic sports to the Taiwanese covered will be archery, badminton, taekwondo, table tennis, judo, cycling, shooting, weightlifting, wrestling, equestrian, and sailing as well as the hallmark ones. ELTA has 40+ episodes planned of Grand Olympic Park to show on Olympic 9:

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-TW&u=http://www.elta.tv/event/Rio2016/program_schedule.php&prev=search

After the financial issues of potentially not showing the Olympics after having Eurovision Song Contest, Romania's TVR announces 600 marathon hours of coverage on TVR1, TVR2, TVR3, and TVR HD that will 100 Romanian athletes in 15 sports (but without its major mainstay the Romanian women's gymnastics team this time having failed to qualify). TVR1 also has exclusive 10-15 minutes of Romanian Olympics filler mostly on evenings so far immediately after TVR's Telejurnalul 20 News Bulletin. Starting July 18, TVR will show a new 12-episode series called Romanian Olympics continuing with dedicating towards the Romanian Olympians:

http://www.activenews.ro/stiri-mass-media/MARATON-JO-de-la-Rio-la-TVR.-Peste-o-suta-de-sportivi-romani-si-peste-600-ore-de-transmisiuni-de-la-Olimpiada-2016-134664

Brazil : TV RECORD transmit his last Olympics in Rio .

olimpiadas-record.jpg

The Record has been showing 12 commercials a day Olympics . So far is the quietest station about its coverage . It is certain to be 9 to 10 hours of transmissions. Especially late at night ( at the times of 16 hours and also in the time of 22 hours )

There is already according to the column Flávio Ricco in UOL , the decision not to transmit Tokyo 2020 as will not have a pleasant time ( in Brazil will be after 21h of the night until the morning ) , the justification would be the commercial return , but it is known the dawn of the channel are dedicated to selling space to churches which gives a high financial return.

Brazil : TV BANDEIRANTES display 2 episodes per week of ' MasterChef ' because of the Olympics.
maxresdefault.jpg
The BANDEIRANTES TV station must devote ample space for Rio 2016 ( the channel always open much room for sporting events, it was well in Beijing 2008 and in previous years and is thus now in Euro16 )

The broadcaster will show two episodes per week of ' MasterChef ' for the current season ends before 2016 .

The idea is to release the program schedule for transmissions .

The team will meet next week already focusing on Rio 2016. To date the focus of the channel is to complete the display of ' Euro16 ' .

Fellas, don't over-think this. Albert is not an NBCSN anchor. He's calling track and field events. On the 2 nights where swimming and track overlap, they'll both be on NBC primetime. Neither is getting sent over to NBCSN. That's not why they have Albert in Rio.

In their press releases, its already been announced that NBCSN will show track & field events.

(All times US Eastern)

August 12

7:20pm-10:25pm Track & Field

9pm-10:30pm Swimming

August 13

7pm-10:15pm Track & Field

9pm-10:40pm Swimming

I would think NBC would take swimming live and NBCSN track & field during the conflicts. Although, NBC could also dive in and out of both.

Another question, that I haven't seen addressed for 2016. Will Olympic programming on NBC be simulcast across the nation like a usual sporting event, or will be they delayed like a regular television program? If I recall correctly, I think the daytime coverage was shown simultaneously throughout the country, but that primetime was delayed in 2012. I was only 9 in 2002, but was programming delayed then also for viewers in Salt Lake City? Fortunately, living in the east, this has never affected me.

In their press releases, its already been announced that NBCSN will show track & field events.

(All times US Eastern)

August 12

7:20pm-10:25pm Track & Field

9pm-10:30pm Swimming

August 13

7pm-10:15pm Track & Field

9pm-10:40pm Swimming

I would think NBC would take swimming live and NBCSN track & field during the conflicts. Although, NBC could also dive in and out of both.

Like I said, don't over-think this. Among the events on August 13th is the final of the women's 100 meters. Do you honestly think for a split second that's going on NBCSN when it could be live in NBC primetime? Not a chance. Your second instinct was correct. NBC can switch back and for between the 2. They're not going to stay on 90 straight minutes of swimming, especially when there are other events going on.

The track coverage on NBCSN is more likely the race walk events. NBCSN had those from London. 1 of the cable nets had them from Beijing, including with a separate announcer from Tom Hammond. IMO, that's what's likely at play here. That's a better explanation for Kenny Albert and NBCSN than 2 nights conflicting in primetime. And if we're lucky, maybe we get some long-form coverage of some of the track events not slated for NBC. But I'm fairly confident that won't include primetime finals.

Another question, that I haven't seen addressed for 2016. Will Olympic programming on NBC be simulcast across the nation like a usual sporting event, or will be they delayed like a regular television program? If I recall correctly, I think the daytime coverage was shown simultaneously throughout the country, but that primetime was delayed in 2012. I was only 9 in 2002, but was programming delayed then also for viewers in Salt Lake City? Fortunately, living in the east, this has never affected me.

If recent history is any indication (and we're also getting a good read from the trials coverage), all of the NBC coverage (save for some of the weekend daytime shows) will indeed be delayed to the West coast. Yes, that includes daytime as well so that they can protect the Today Show.

Similar for Salt Lake, primetime on the East coast generally went from 8pm to 11:30pm (Midnight some nights). The West coast got a delayed feed starting at 7:30pm PT so that they could hit local news at 11. Dick Ebersol was actually against this. He wanted primetime to be live across the country, but the affiliates balked. The said their research indicated they'd be better off with the delay. However, Salt Lake did not adhere to that policy. They did indeed show the live feed (I know because I was there), but they were the exception rather than the rule.

Like I said, don't over-think this. Among the events on August 13th is the final of the women's 100 meters. Do you honestly think for a split second that's going on NBCSN when it could be live in NBC primetime? Not a chance. Your second instinct was correct. NBC can switch back and for between the 2. They're not going to stay on 90 straight minutes of swimming, especially when there are other events going on.

The track coverage on NBCSN is more likely the race walk events. NBCSN had those from London. 1 of the cable nets had them from Beijing, including with a separate announcer from Tom Hammond. IMO, that's what's likely at play here. That's a better explanation for Kenny Albert and NBCSN than 2 nights conflicting in primetime. And if we're lucky, maybe we get some long-form coverage of some of the track events not slated for NBC. But I'm fairly confident that won't include primetime finals.

If recent history is any indication (and we're also getting a good read from the trials coverage), all of the NBC coverage (save for some of the weekend daytime shows) will indeed be delayed to the West coast. Yes, that includes daytime as well so that they can protect the Today Show.

Similar for Salt Lake, primetime on the East coast generally went from 8pm to 11:30pm (Midnight some nights). The West coast got a delayed feed starting at 7:30pm PT so that they could hit local news at 11. Dick Ebersol was actually against this. He wanted primetime to be live across the country, but the affiliates balked. The said their research indicated they'd be better off with the delay. However, Salt Lake did not adhere to that policy. They did indeed show the live feed (I know because I was there), but they were the exception rather than the rule.

NBC didn't protect the Today Show in 88, but there were a lot of events in Seoul that NBC aired live in what would be the Today Show slot. for example i saw Janet Evans win one of her gold medals in what would be the Today slot(7am?) the women's' team gymnastics finals were also in that slot and a few events like Track and field and even diving. does NBC really need to protect the Today Show?

NBC didn't protect the Today Show in 88, but there were a lot of events in Seoul that NBC aired live in what would be the Today Show slot. for example i saw Janet Evans win one of her gold medals in what would be the Today slot(7am?) the women's' team gymnastics finals were also in that slot and a few events like Track and field and even diving. does NBC really need to protect the Today Show?

Good for 1988. They didn't have the Today Show in `92 either when NBC's daytime show was 7am-10am where they had the set at Mapfre Tower with Dick Enberg and Katie Couric. Yet, every Olympics since the daytime show has started at 10am ET (save for Athens when it was 12:30pm-4:00pm) to follow the Today Show. Less you think that's a coincidence. NBC thinks they need to protect the today show. That they didn't 6 and 7 Olympics ago is ancient history at this point.

Given that the commentator for race walking isn't even going to be in Rio and Kenny Albert will be, I think we're going to get much more than just race walking on NBCSN. If I had to guess, I think the daytime track finals will be on NBCSN, with replay on NBC in primetime if Americans do well.

That's a fair point, I didn't even see his name on there. Okay, so maybe that's not it, but something still doesn't seem right there. And with respect to NBC's release, they had Albert's name on trials coverage even though he's booked for Fox with baseball.

I still think the morning/afternoon track finals will be on NBC. Why wouldn't they be? What else would NBC show in that slot, especially in the 2nd week of the Olympics, that they're sliding track & field coverage to NBCSN? Let alone replaying those events in primetime on the condition of how the Americans do. Again, don't look at Sochi as some sort of formula for them to do that here in a Summer Olympics where there is much more going on. Maybe I'm wrong about this one. But again, ignore what the release said for a moment. Without that information, would you think the daytime sessions of track & field (which include finals, where there have never been before) would be on NBCSN and not on NBC when it falls nicely within their window?

A real nice batch of some entertaining 2016 Canadian Olympic athletes in various sports to follow on social media as we and they get ready for Rio De Janeiro as recommended by the CBC!
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/summer/canadian-athletes-follow-social-meadia-road-to-rio-1.3664528

Given the rich multiplatform coverage the CBC-led consortium will have on the Olympics next month, it's got to be surprising there's not many various promos promoting CBC/TSN/SRC/RDS/SN's upcoming presentation of Rio 2016 on TV from Canada. Surely, there's French versions to these promos, but I have yet to see them on YouTube, Vimeo, or Daily Motion. And Australia's Seven Network's going all out with theirs over the course of several months. This is clearly nowhere as abundant as the previous rights holders from Bell Media's and Rogers Media's Canadian Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium from the previous Olympic cycle with its various "Believe/Imagine" TV promos narrated by Ellen Page, Donald Sutherland, Gordon Pinsent, and Pierre Lebeau. Surely, we can't expect the CBC/Radio-Canada and the cable sports partners to be awash with its promotion through various advertising platforms that NBC is with its budget, which is a fraction of what NBC has.

Speaking of promos, I certainly think, like with the previous EURO 2012, we will see the debut of the BBC Rio 2016 promo during the EURO 2016 championship. Should be epic. And who might the music artist could be?

I'm on a promo roll right now. Viasat Sport Baltic Estonia's (Eesti) Rio 2016 TV promo is exactly what we've previously seen from the Swedish and Lithuanian versions. Except that we see the Estonian Olympians like bronze medalist discus thrower Gerd Kanter, the quadruple sculls rowing team (Tõnu Endrekson, Andrei Jämsä, Allar Raja, and Kaspar Taimsoo), fencer Nikolai Novosjolov (though his back is turned facing the camera while competing but you see his name), silver medalist wrestler Heiki Nabi, and the Viasat sportscast trio of (from L-R) Vallott Pukk, Kalev Kruus, and Margus Uba:

Now we go south of its border to Latvia as Viasat Sport Baltic Latvia presents javelin thrower Madara Palameika explaining, I'm guessing, despite setting a Latvian national record, she fell short of a medal finishing 8th and hopes to do so in Rio De Janeiro this August. Then comes Aivars Zaharovs, one of the Viasat Sport Baltic Latvia sports commentators who will help cover Rio talking about 24 hours of coverage with every second live of every Latvian athlete (forgive me if I can't the translation right) with quickie shots of Maris Strombergs and Laura Ikauniece before showing the logos of all the Viasat Sport Baltic Olympic TV channels involved from Viasat Sport Baltic to the Viasat Golf to the seven temp Viasat OS channels to Viasat 16 all to cover 1250+ hours combined:

Sweden's Viasat--where the hell are your Rio 2016 Olympic promos on YouTube? See a theme here right now?--actually will have its Olympic Viasat UHD channel launched in time for the Opening Ceremony on August 5. But there will be a 1-hour delay from the actual start:
http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2016/07/05/viasat-plans-virtual-reality-olympics/

Wataru Abe and Hanako Mori will co-host NHK's coverage of the Rio 2016 Opening Ceremony. If I got the translations correct from Japanese, Mori is handling the NHK daily morning anchoring segment. The Closing Ceremony will be presented by Yuki Sugiura and Hiroshi Sanbe. NHK's sportscasters are Abe, Mori, Sugiura, Sanbe, Ayaka Sawada, and Mitsunori "Mitsuki" Uehara (though I think NHK will have some more incoming) with the Olympic news and reports coming from Aya Sasaki. NHK plans to air by mid-July (July 16-17) a couple of 50-minute Miracle Body Olympic-themed episodes at 9:00 with one centering on synchronized swimmers and another on Japanese judo. It will also show later this month the Road to the Gold Medal specials like on Japan's next generation of swimmers like Kosuke Hagino and Daiya Seto and Uchimura Kohei's last Olympic gymnastics challenge from 7:30-8:15 (Japan time). Full NHK Olympic TV coverage starts with Japan vs. Nigeria men's live soccer on August 5 before 9:45am:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.nhk.or.jp/olympic/&prev=search

NHK's Rio 2016 Olympics website. Translate this if you like for better reading:
http://www.nhk.or.jp/olympic/

SBS South Korea will have SBS, SBS Sports, and SBS Golf (of course for the Olympics golf tournaments in Rio) to cover Rio 2016.

Belgium's La Deux from the RTBF realm also has the 2016 European Track and Field Championships in Amsterdam at that city's Olympic Stadium right now. Still awaiting on the Belgian French Olympic coverage news:
http://www.rtbf.be/tv/thematique/sport/detail_le-programme-des-championnats-d-europe-d-athletisme-en-direct?id=9342709

Finally getting to Singapore's issue with Dentsu in terms of its national coverage. I originally tried to type this a couple weeks ago, but I was under a time limit at the time when I tried to submit this and had to wrap things up then--I write on public computers. Anyway, it's really a shame when Mediacorp agreed with Dentsu, very likely on its major TV channel Channel 5, is going to restrict itself to only two daily highlight shows, likely with an emphasis on Team Singapore. That's definitely and unfortunately a far cry from what Mediacorp did back with London 2012 coverage when it had its 7 channels--Channel 5 (English), Okto, HD5, Suria (Malay), Vasantham (Tamil), Channel 8, and Channel U (Chinese) getting involved with news and sports anchored by Channel 5 and HD5 carrying 21 hours of Olympic sports for 21 hours daily. Unfortunate at a time when globally, be it free-to-air and cable/pay-TV, the number of coverage hours increases. I know Team Singapore won't make much of an impact in Rio De Janeiro outside of swimmer Joseph Schooling and the women's table tennis team, but it would be good to show them as it happens live. SingTel through Mio TV and Star Hub (the Singaporean pay-TV holders back in Beijing) are going have to be the go-to places in seeking the far more comprehensive and wall-to-wall coverage. SingTel had 13 channels with 3000 hours during the London 2012 Summer Olympics. Whether there will be some Chinese, Malay, and Tamil from these outlets upon agreement remains to be seen. Incidentally, Mediacorp attempted or planned to negotiate its own deal with the IOC as a separate Asian market like China, Japan, Hong Kong, and South Korea after the ABU Olympic media rights deal expired after the London-Vancouver cycle. But the Japanese ad agency Dentsu pre-empted that plan by winning the rights for Southeast Asia and Central Asia. Can understand the Winter Olympics where Singapore doesn't make an impact medal-wise, but even that's growing. FTA viewers deserve better.

Here's a column by Straits Times' Jonathan Wong expressing concern on the dangers and consequences of utilizing a middleman for sports media rights negotiations like with this Olympics involving Dentsu. The island city-nation has been there before:
http://www.straitstimes.com/sport/television-rights-holders-1-sports-fans-0

RTBF's La Deux's brief Rio 2016 Jeux Olympiques pub for the French-Belgian public. You will see gymnast Florian Landuyt, judoka Charline Van Snick, swimmer Fanny Lecluyse (?), athlete Nassafitou Thiam, tennis player David Goffin, and sprinter Kevin Borlee here:
https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/detail_jeux-olympiques-2016?id=2118686

Match! TV from Russia will transmit 850 hours of Rio 2016 through its various channels and will have its studios in Rio De Janeiro. If the Russian Olympic Committee can't submit its track and field team, if you read a previous post I put about Match! TV, it could ignore track and field altogether:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.matchtv.ru%2Farticles%2Frio-2016-match-tv-850

• Like 1

TSN in Canada covers the entire Manila leg of the 2016 FIBA men's Olympic Qualification Tournament live on TSN2 and TSN4. Not just the Canada, New Zealand, Turkey, and France games:
http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-follows-canadian-men-s-basketball-team-s-road-to-rio-1.517234

Rachael Finch, a former Miss Universe Australia, from the Seven Network is emulating Savannah Guthrie by skipping its Rio 2016 coverage altogether over similar reasons:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3675371/Rachael-Finch-knocks-Olympic-Game-coverage-Zika-virus-scare.html

It will a total of 4000 hours of broadcast on the TV side for SporTV's 16 channels. All in HD. SporTV's 1-3 will emphasize and promote the Brazilian athletes and their higher chances to reach the podium. SporTV 4 will be a mosaic guide to all the other 15 channels, 24 hour live. The remaining SporTV competition channels 5-16 will be grouped according to similar procedures as, for example, water sports. Each group of Olympic sports will be inserted in one of the other 12 SporTV channel, temporarily open the frequency of Premiere channels. Plus there will be special programs pertaining to Rio 2016 on those channels as well as a special SporTV Play app for free downloading with access to online, smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, and the XBOX One with 24-hour access. SporTV News will not be excluded in this. Not to mention the 56 live Internet streams it too will offer:

http://sportv.globo.com/site/programas/rio-2016/noticia/2016/07/sportv-entrega-maior-cobertura-dos-jogos-olimpicos-rio-2016.html

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://sportv.globo.com/site/programas/rio-2016/noticia/2016/07/sportv-entrega-maior-cobertura-dos-jogos-olimpicos-rio-2016.html&prev=search

Samsung will release an Olympic Edition of the popular Galaxy S7 Edge on August 7:

http://www.inquisitr.com/3272571/samsung-galaxy-olympic-edition-launching-july-7th/

LTV 7 has the Latvian TV broadcasting rights to the 2016 European Track and Field Championships:

http://ltv.lsm.lv/lv/raksts/08.07.2016-eiropas-cempionats-vieglatletika.-tiesraide.id75273/

RAI's Riop 2016 programming structure through its RAI 2, Rai Sport 1, Rai Sport 2, Radio 1 (will have 180 hours of coverage there), and the streaming in Italy. Apparently will have 360 degree coverage too:

http://www.giornalettismo.com/archives/2131212/olimpiadi-2016-rai/

You can discover how VML, the IOC's go-to social media marketing agency, explains and projects the rapidly-growing impact of social media with this edition of the Olympics as the "biggest social media event ever" and of the IOC's current campaign #OlympicsPeace with its short PSA films to media rights holders:

http://www.adweek.com/news/technology/olympics-agency-predicts-summer-games-will-be-largest-social-media-event-ever-172096

Costa Rican newspaper CR Hoy (for Costa Rica Today) brings forth an article on the news of one of that nation's sports legends and medalist Silvia Poll becoming Claro Sports swimming analyst (for the Mexico and Central American portion) during the Rio 2016 Olympic coverage along with what she's doing today:

http://www.crhoy.com/sylvia-poll-vuelve-a-la-natacioncomo-comentarista-en-rio/deportes/

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.crhoy.com/sylvia-poll-vuelve-a-la-natacioncomo-comentarista-en-rio/deportes/&prev=search

Starting on July 12-13 Danmark Radio's DR1 gets up close and personal with nine of Denmark's aspiring Olympians after being with them for the course of year at 22:00 (10pm) with the Journey to Rio documentary series:

http://www.dr.dk/om-dr/programmer-og-koncerter/rejsen-til-rio

I remember seeing on the IOC's YouTube channel Sir Matthew Pinsent going to South Africa and meeting up with South African swimmer Chad Le Clos and later his proud dad Bert (who became famous in his own right capturing hearts worldwide with his 2012 BBC postrace interview with the amazing Claire Balding) out grilling. Now it seems something else grown out of it in the form of a documentary called Unforgettable: The Chad Le Clos Story. About to be shown not just on SuperSport and Chad official website but also on Eurosport:

https://swimswam.com/chad-le-clos-journey-rio/

Ready to deal with unfavorable Olympic TV viewing times next month with those 3 Seven channels and the live streaming. And binge-watch that too as you struggle to stay awake at work and school, Aussies viewers?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/olympics-2016/rio-olympics-2016-tv-victorian-viewers-in-for-sleepless-nights/news-story/8bee0007b752a1a7fca7d7abd3880e9b

Canal+ Sport isn't only showing the Manila OQT basketball tournament where Les Bleues are in, but also the other two in Belgrade and Turin. Though not entirely:

http://www.basketusa.com/news/369683/television-le-programme-des-tqo-sur-canal-sport/

DIRECTV Sports has a 12-part, 30-minute program in Uruguay on Tuesdays and Fridays at 17:00 (5pm) on Channel 610 and HD channel 1610 dedicated to Uruguayan Olympians called "Bearers". Hosted by Uruguayan journalist Sebastian Giovanelli. Rower Jonathan Esquivel will be the protagonist of the first interview, while the following five programs with the participation of the track athlete Deborah Rodriguez, swimmers Agnes Martin Remersaro Melconian, rider Nestor Nielsen, tennis player Pablo Cuevas, and judoka Paul Aprahamian, among others:

http://www.elpais.com.uy/economia/empresas/directv-estrena-ciclo-dedicado-atletas.html

• Like 1

World feed will have different commentators?

India’s largest ever Olympic contingent will travel to Rio 2016 for a chance to make history! Become a part of this historic moment and cheer for India. Send in your cheers at billion cheers.hotstar.com and catch all the action LIVE on the Star Sports network! ‪#‎BillionCheers‬

https://www.facebook.com/starsportsindia/videos/866361906841683/

World feed will have different commentators?

Yes, these are NBC's commentators for their TV and some of their online broadcasts. If past history holds, their online streaming coverage will be taken from the world feed, either with world feed announcers or just with natural sound.

• Like 1

I did not like the BBC 's commercial.

The impression is that Brazil is a large forest . Not so , most of the forests this in the Amazon and in the Pantanal.

In Rio de Janeiro and Southeast were the remains reserves and national parks .

Most Brazilians live in an area of Atlantic Forest deforested or savannas.

I live in a small country town far from Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo and never personally seen these wild animals shown by the BBC.

-

But the graphic production is beautiful.