• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from seeing 24 of this years songs being performed at Eurovision in Concert in Amsterdam. Have to say that Pastora Soler was the class act. Her voice was incredible and she blew everyone

this awkward "I'm looking for Freedom" singer should stay away from the Eurovision Song Contest - I think "jawnbc's" hunk would be much better - I do not like his music style, but he is much sexier th

Of course Germany wanted to do that -- just like all the other ESC hosts (or at least most of them). I wouldn't reproach any ESC host country with using the event as an opportunity to present itself i

Unbreakable is a good song. Congratulations Switzerland!!!

Btw here are the updates on the construction of Baku Crystal Hall as seen from up-land park. On the picture you can also see the expansion works of the seaside promenade and construction of a new highway

976699.jpg

981819.jpg

975675.jpg

978747.jpg

Photos by Mishele

I'm no construction expert, but if that clip was recent we had better start looking at plan B.

The structure you see in that video was erected in some 20 days. The previous couple of months we were working on foundation e.g. piling works etc.

Plan A (Baku Crystal Hall) is under construction while Plan B (Tofig Bahramov Stadium) is under reconstruction. The only ready one is Plan C but there is no way we held ESC in there :D

Just look how huge that Azerbaijani flag is -- it tells a lot about the ambitions of that country.

Sorry to say, Galandar -- but the whole efforts Azerbaijan and Baku are undertaking for the ESC still appear megalomaniac to me. If they manage to finish Crystal Hall in time, congratulations. But it would still give me an awkward feeling because they take the ESC far too seriously in my opinion.

I think that's a bit harsh, Olympian. I do find it all a bit of a rush and slightly erratic, I guess that's what happens when a country wins Eurovision that is still growing and doesn't have the infrstructure already in place to cope with hosting. To call them megalomaniacs is very unfair. I am sure Germany wanted to present itself in the best possible light during the 2011 contest and I expect it's just what Azerbaijan is trying to do here. I hope they pull it off, although personally I still don't fancy the trip to Baku.

I am sure Germany wanted to present itself in the best possible light during the 2011 contest and I expect it's just what Azerbaijan is trying to do here.

Of course Germany wanted to do that -- just like all the other ESC hosts (or at least most of them). I wouldn't reproach any ESC host country with using the event as an opportunity to present itself in the best possible light. I only criticise it when a country exaggerates its will to present itself in the best possible light and therefore wants to build a venue within only a few months, thus taking a huge risk there. It all appears to me like "Look at us -- we are a small underestimated country, but look which superb things we achieve." I think no one would have criticised them for using the Bahramov stadium as venue, especially not since Copenhagen did the same with its Parken stadium in 2001.

• Like 1

Breaking news coming in from Switzerland as the first ever Eurovision Song Contest winner in 1956 (also participant in 1957 and 1958) Lys Assia, was admitted to the hospital on Monday. Doctors did some necessary tests and of course suggested immediate rest for the grand Diva who most likely pressured from the outcome of the national selection and the conflict with the jury.

Get well soon Lyss

http://www.oikotimes.com/eurovision/2011/12/13/lys-assia-collapsed-admitted-to-hospital/

Of course Germany wanted to do that -- just like all the other ESC hosts (or at least most of them). I wouldn't reproach any ESC host country with using the event as an opportunity to present itself in the best possible light. I only criticise it when a country exaggerates its will to present itself in the best possible light and therefore wants to build a venue within only a few months, thus taking a huge risk there. It all appears to me like "Look at us -- we are a small underestimated country, but look which superb things we achieve." I think no one would have criticised them for using the Bahramov stadium as venue, especially not since Copenhagen did the same with its Parken stadium in 2001.

Well, that's easy for Germany to say as it has plenty of suitable venues of size already built. I can't blame the Azerbaijani's for wanting to build something special for the event as long as they have a back up plan to protect the staging of the contest, which they do.

*BREAKING NEWS *

POLAND HAS WITHDRAWN FROM THE 2012 EUROVISION IN BAKU.

Polish national broadcaster announced that the country will not participate in the Baku Eurovision Song Contest 2012. The announcement took place during the new season program presentation through their official website. TVP is focusing more on EURO 2012 which Poland and Ukraine co-organize and the special Olympics 2012 coverage.

http://www.oikotimes.com/eurovision/2011/12/16/poland-withdraws-from-esc-2012/

*BREAKING NEWS *

POLAND HAS WITHDRAWN FROM THE 2012 EUROVISION IN BAKU.

Polish national broadcaster announced that the country will not participate in the Baku Eurovision Song Contest 2012. The announcement took place during the new season program presentation through their official website. TVP is focusing more on EURO 2012 which Poland and Ukraine co-organize and the special Olympics 2012 coverage.

http://www.oikotimes.com/eurovision/2011/12/16/poland-withdraws-from-esc-2012/

Terrible news. I love Poland in Eurovision.

... thats really weird - I wonder, too, tht Russia hasn't said anything about participation, too.

I think they haven't said anything because their participation is kinda obvious. They are not going to miss Azerbaijan... would be like being at home.

It seems the announcment of Poland withdrawing was from a TVP fake account on Facebook. The TVP said that they have not announced nothing officialy yet.

Poland is officially out of the 2012 edition. Currently there are already 41 confirmed participants with Russia and Armenia still to confirm.

SPAIN DECIDED on singer

During a special Tv show this morning, TVE announced Pastora Soler as the 2012 Eurovision entrant.

Pastora Soler (real name Pilar Sánchez Luque) (Coria del Río Sevilla, September 27, 1978) is an Spanish singer. A precocious chanteuse, she started singing coplas and flamenco songs at several events when she was a child. She has made versions of classical songs by León or Quiroga and worked with musicians like Carlos Jean. She is also a songwriter and her compositions usually mix copla or flamenco with electronic music or pop.

Pastora Soler became famous in Spain when she sang the official theme song of the Vuelta a España in 2001.

More recently, earlier this year, her ballad "La mala costumbre" ("Bad habit", which you can listen on GoEar) was also very successful. Two months ago she launched a new album called "Una mujer como yo" ("A woman like me"). The first single is "Demasiado amor" ("Too much love"):

It is possible that one of the songs included in this new album will be chosen to represent Spain in Baku.

Personally, it's not my favourite music style, although I'd really like it if she sang something like "La mala costumbre" at the Contest. Anyway, I have to admit she is a good singer and I hope Spain will finally escape from the bottom places.

It is possible that one of the songs included in this new album will be chosen to represent Spain in Baku.

Personally, it's not my favourite music style, although I'd really like it if she sang something like "La mala costumbre" at the Contest. Anyway, I have to admit she is a good singer and I hope Spain will finally escape from the bottom places.

Una chica muy hip-a!! La me gusto!