Croatia - 2nd half - semi final 2

Norway - 2nd half - semi final 2

Lithuania - 2nd half - semi final 2

Bosnia Hercegovina - 2nd half - semi final 2

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still watching the "show"

@ munichfan, well it wasn't/isn't my taste either, but I didn't watch e.g. the Düsseldorf Semi-Final Draw - I don't know how that show was...

I had the impression that the audience didn't know when to get "loud" - well and the music which has been played so far, wasn't my taste, but I suppose these artists are huge super-stars in azerbaijan

at the moment a video with images of Baku and Azerbaijan is shown - I have the impression they have/want to show that Baku isn't a "nowhere" - it has beaches, hotels, etc. etc.

Baku 2012: Light your fire!

Baku, Azerbaijan - The motto for the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest is Light your fire! Along with the slogan, the theme art for the contest was presented in a spectacular show coming live from Baku, Azerbaijan, the Host City of the upcoming edition of Europe's favourite TV show.

logo-1.jpg

If the 2011 contest took place under the slogan Feel your heart beat!, Baku 2012 will go into the history books under the motto Light your fire!

Azerbaijan has been known as the Land Of Fire for a while now and the symbol of fire and flames is used extensively across the country. The people of Azerbaijan also take great pride in this association with fire.

"Since the dawn of time, mankind has come together around fire to communicate through the telling of stories, song and dance. The Eurovision Song Contest is where people come together to celebrate and communicate through song and dance," the creators explained the idea behind the theme art.

All of that can be seen visually in the theme art of the 2012 edition of Europe's favourite TV show. By the way, if you look at the main symbol closely, you can see much more in it, than you'd expect at first glance. See for yourself below

themeart_full_horizontal_white.jpg

themeart_full_horizontal_black.jpg

theme_art_usage.jpg

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=43383&_t=baku_2012_light_your_fire

Baku 2012: Light your fire!

Baku, Azerbaijan - The motto for the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest is Light your fire! Along with the slogan, the theme art for the contest was presented in a spectacular show coming live from Baku, Azerbaijan, the Host City of the upcoming edition of Europe's favourite TV show.

Did you watch it, Galandar?

Someone could call it boring and dull but I have to say this was the biggest show for the allocation draw and logo/slogan unveil in the history of ESC. Until now no allocation draws were broadcast live then I am not even talking about concerts etc. That is something new for ESC!

As for the show itself, I agree, the material was good but they could use the videos, singers etc. in different order. The host lady looks charming, while the guy is a bit annoying but ok, this was our first steps and ESC 2012 is a different format, so we gonna see a real show in May ;)

The logo and slogan, well I love them both! Looks cheerful and nice. Actually the logo's shape reminds me a bit of Nagano 1998 but still it is very nice to see flames in a shape of a flower, well done! :)

Did you watch it, Galandar?

Yes, I did :)

Someone could call it boring and dull but I have to say this was the biggest show for the allocation draw and logo/slogan unveil in the history of ESC. Until now no allocation draws were broadcast live then I am not even talking about concerts etc. That is something new for ESC!

As for the show itself, I agree, the material was good but they could use the videos, singers etc. in different order. The host lady looks charming, while the guy is a bit annoying but ok, this was our first steps and ESC 2012 is a different format, so we gonna see a real show in May ;)

The logo and slogan, well I love them both! Looks cheerful and nice. Actually the logo's shape reminds me a bit of Nagano 1998 but still it is very nice to see flames in a shape of a flower, well done! :)

Yes, I did :)

I think both presenters were very nervous - the female presenter became better and better during the event - I think the male presenter was a little bit "bland"...

I couldn't understand the mayor of Baku, but he sounded that he is very proud to host the ESC - I think the "first part" of the music was a kind of traditional Azeri music - the audience was really "stiff"/"formal" (it looked like the "upper crust" of Baku was sitting in the room) - I am glad that "Always" was sung (I like that song more than "Running Scared")...

I believe you can't "judge" about the ESC in Baku after that "show" - this was more a kind of diner party (with background entertaining) for the ESC-group in which the semi-finals were drawn, the logo and motto released and the key handover to Baku...

Citius Atius Fortius, definitely!!! It was not even a concert but a ceremony in Buta Palace, an event center. The fact that they tried to make this ceremony look interesting and full of music is only a plus. Well they had different kind of problems (some technical, order in a show, hosts) but that is ok. They were not even supposed to broadcast it live but they did. Let's look forward to a real show in May :)

It's certainly a really nice look and design, far more eye catching than the previous two images, though I think I possibly still preferred the Moscow mythical bird.

However, they have totally ass raped Olympic thematics and design in this. Not only is the shape so similar to the Nagano snowflower, but they even use the stylised human figures to make up the flower (just like the use of the Nagano pictograms in the petals of their logo). In addition to that, they have pretty much borrowed the whole slogan of Salt Lake 2002 (and to a lesser extent, Sydney 2000 Paralympics).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SzJn9wmwJQ

here is the song from Denmark - well, my first impression when I saw the artists was: "4 Non-Blondes"

I really like this song, but I was cheering for the one that got second place -"Take our hearts" by Jesper- or Kenneth Potempa's "Reach for the sky"

This song got through into the Norweigan final last night. I love it and hope it goes on to Baku.

i LOOOOOVE this song so much... i heard it first on the CD of the MGP and I really liked it and live was much better... the only sad thing is that it got 3rd place on the semifinal so it will be difficult to win.

I knew the logo of the ESC was kind of familiar to me... it's all Nagano. Anyway, I like it. And it was SO obvious they were going to put something with "fire" on the motto.

Matty, do you know who will show the contest in New Zealand this year now that Stratos has stopped broadcasting?

Funny you ask that, it was the first (and to be honest only) question I had when I heard Stratos was finishing up. I really dont know, could be worth getting hold of the networks and see if anyone has any plans. I never remember reading any ratings figures for the Stratos broadcasts of the events over the past few years.

My faith in the Norwegian public took a blow this evening. I have only been able to see some poor quality youtube clip but none of my favourites made it through. Rikke Normann and Minnie-Oh were easily my favourites on pre-listen. I would then have put Plumbo in aswell as my 3rd place. Can't believe that awful Malin got through, she was so out of tune and the song was awful.

It looks as though I am going to be voting like crazy for Reidun when I get to Oslo on 11th. She just has to go through to Baku for the sake of every gay man in Europe.

Can't believe that awful Malin got through, she was so out of tune and the song was awful.

It looks as though I am going to be voting like crazy for Reidun when I get to Oslo on 11th. She just has to go through to Baku for the sake of every gay man in Europe.

Malin's 'Crush' reminded me a lot on the tunes of this American teenie-serial: 'High School Musical' and Malin's performance was very poor.

I wonder why Rikke and Minnie-Oh were not selected

Tommy Fredvang was the only selection to which I agree

Archived