Debt Deal Boost For London 2012

zoltan

Considering it is British leadership, that has made the GBP30BN debt write off possible for poor countries.

I can only say that it will further boost London 2012.

Majority of African countires, and especially the Senegalese head of the IAAF, will now see that Britian has done huge good for Africa and will vote for London 2012.

ah ah ah. great argument to vote London

Do british try again to buy the games?

I agree. It's not really relevent. But a lame attempt at humour there Zoltan  :P

I don't think it is being done with any thought to buying or even influencing the games.

God forbid if our leadership has sunk that low but it has been muted by a couple of pundits that it will inadvertently have a positive spin on the games.

In particular the African vote, maybe pushing a few fence sitters over the edge.

Who knows anything to help end world poverty and bring the world economies together is a good thing and if in the process London’s bid for the games is accidentally given a boost, well why should we look fortune in the face.

''I don't think it is being done with any thought to buying or even influencing the games''.

It has never been my thought to suggest it that the British could ever be so concieted to follow though with this kind of strategy. Rather, that on the whole, what has bene achieved will definently have a positive effect for Britain.

With North American, Ocenia votes strong for London 2012, this will impact some African countries to turn away from the French, who have done nothing for that continent except use it or patronize it to now vote for the London 2012.

It is of my believe that, the corner has now turned, and that London 2012 is now the certainity. As it should be.

''I don't think it is being done with any thought to buying or even influencing the games''.

It has never been my thought to suggest it that the British could ever be so concieted to follow though with this kind of strategy. Rather, that on the whole, what has bene achieved will definently have a positive effect for Britain.

With North American, Ocenia votes strong for London 2012, this will impact some African countries to turn away from the French, who have done nothing for that continent except use it or patronize it to now vote for the London 2012.

It is of my believe that, the corner has now turned, and that London 2012 is now the certainity. As it should be.

But don't you know the IOC will vote for Paris because France needs the Games to boost morale after the country's recent rejection of the EU constitution.

So obviously, Paris has it in the bag now...obvious, isn't it? Can't you see how good the argument is? No?... well the Paris team think it's a good enough reaon.

It's good that we (Britain) has taken the lead to attempt to reduce the debt owed by poor countries, but I don't think Mr Blair did it purely because he wants London to get the 2012 Olympics, and it really shouldn't have any bearing on who gets the vote in July.  It should be purely based on which City is the best one to host the 2012 Olympics, based on a multitude of criteria's.

It's good that we (Britain) has taken the lead to attempt to reduce the debt owed by poor countries, but I don't think Mr Blair did it purely because he wants London to get the 2012 Olympics, and it really shouldn't have any bearing on who gets the vote in July.  It should be purely based on which City is the best one to host the 2012 Olympics, based on a multitude of criteria's.

That's right, i agree with you, but it should counter the non olympic benefits that the other candidates may have.

Well, Keith Mills said this about the debt deal today.

"Mills also told BBC Radio Five Live that he thought the Live 8 event, which was formulated in Britain, would have a positive effect on the voting.

"There's enormous goodwill in Ghana and West Africa as a result of the way Britain is leading the charge for debt relief," added the chief executive".

Full Report

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...012/4104944.stm

Archived