Toronto 2020

No news, but just read this article... regarding a possible bid.... for the 2025 Expo ! :(

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/29/torontos-future-economy-needs-expo

I doubt it and its a suggestion by a reporter.

Anyways, Ford (the mayor of Toronto) wants an NFL team.

NFL Stadium and Olympics are a perfect match. :lol:

(Don't shoot me please a bid has a chance no matter what).

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it and its a suggestion by a reporter.

Anyways, Ford (the mayor of Toronto) wants an NFL team.

NFL Stadium and Olympics are a perfect match. :lol:

(Don't shoot me please a bid has a chance no matter what).

Plus, it's the Toronto Sun. No one takes that newspaper seriously anyways. It's like comparing a novel (Toronto Star/Globe & Mail) to a colouring book (Toronto Sun).

desperate are we?

desperate? I am not desperate rather anxious, because I really wasn't into the Olympics until 2002 (when I was in Grade 4) and Toronto as we all know lost their last bid in 2008. I just want to live an Olympic Bid no matter the result.

desperate? I am not desperate rather anxious, because I really wasn't into the Olympics until 2002 (when I was in Grade 4) and Toronto as we all know lost their last bid in 2008. I just want to live an Olympic Bid no matter the result.

Here's a little secret, In. Get anxious and impatient, it won't come. Play it cool and really don't get over-anxious, the greater the chances it will (come). ;)

Lol..its true!

The only people who buy the Toronto Sun are males who like to look at the Sunshine Pinup Girl

And even that's lame considering they stick her on the back page now in black and white. I remember when she used to be in colour on pg 3!

No news, but just read this article... regarding a possible bid.... for the 2025 Expo ! :(

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/29/torontos-future-economy-needs-expo

Why 2025? I know that this is not something serious but that is a random date for one to want to host the expo, 2017 makes much more sense as it is the 150th birthday of our nation, and should be celebrated with an awesome expo... At least it should have been if Harper didn't can the Edmonton bid for it because of regional jealousy >:C

Why 2025? I know that this is not something serious but that is a random date for one to want to host the expo, 2017 makes much more sense as it is the 150th birthday of our nation, and should be celebrated with an awesome expo... At least it should have been if Harper didn't can the Edmonton bid for it because of regional jealousy >:C

Because too late for 2017 & 2020... process of selection are underway and close to the end !

Pffft...no one in the developed world bothers with Expos anymore. They are just "coming of age" events for places that want to make a world statement (but mostly only they hear it). Canada had that moment with Montreal's Expo 67. Or maybe they happen when a smaller city wants to celebrate a moment or stand out from its bigger sisters. Like Seattle in 1962 or Vancouver in 1986.

I expect the next string of Expos to be keep their Asian trend with a few here and there in Africa or Latin America, maybe Russia. There hasn't been an Expo in North America since 1986 and nearly every post-WW2 US hosted Expo has been a flop. And when was the last time a top level European city hosted one? Paris 1937? I guess Milan has one coming up, but who cares?

Welcome.

Probably, not until August 30, 2013 (i.e, for the 2022 Winters). ;)

I meant if they decide to bid for the 2020 olympics. It makes no sense for Canada to bid for another winter olympics so soon. The best way to grow the summer sports is for them to have a summer olympics. So when do you think they would make an announcement for them bidding on the 2020 SUMMER OLYMPICS???

Pffft...no one in the developed world bothers with Expos anymore. They are just "coming of age" events for places that want to make a world statement (but mostly only they hear it).

I'm sure Italy and Milan 2015 will be happy with such a sentence...

I meant if they decide to bid for the 2020 olympics. It makes no sense for Canada to bid for another winter olympics so soon. The best way to grow the summer sports is for them to have a summer olympics. So when do you think they would make an announcement for them bidding on the 2020 SUMMER OLYMPICS???

Read up on the other threads. It's NOT going to happen for 2020. It takes at LEAST one year to pick and prime a viable candidate, something like 18 months for countries with a few candidates. So it's not happening this year.

Read up on the other threads. It's NOT going to happen for 2020. It takes at LEAST one year to pick and prime a viable candidate, something like 18 months for countries with a few candidates. So it's not happening this year.

What other candidates does Canada have?

I know Wikepida is not a valid source but it is not the first place I have seen it (i.e newspapers online fourms) They have been going at this for a while. If they wait until 2024 they wil have absoulutly 0 chnace in my opinion. South Africa will bid and we all know the IOC is in love with them. Plus Dubai will likeley bid along with a US city. I think 2020 is their best shot (doesn't mean it is 100% but it is their best one)

Sorry forgot to add the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Summer_Olympics

Archived