Preliminary Draw of the FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014

lol I thought about to give the link to my father, who knows south-america quite well and therewith Brasil too!!

He had to go to Rio and Sao Paulo often on businesstrips.

Nice!

I hope he have had good times here :)

I am happy with Germany's draw. Croatia vs. Serbia, now there is a recipe for trouble. And France vs. Spain, too funny. I am also happy Norway stands a good chance of direct qualification.

Oh, I'm sure we're gonna screw up again, like we always do. ;)

It's really funny that Germany now always meets at least one team from the previous European qualifiers at the next qualifiers.

Austria and Kazakhstan are already their opponents in the current EURO 2012 qualifiers, and now again.

In the EURO 2012 qualifiers they also play against Azerbaijan which was already their opponent for the 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

And in the 2010 World Cup qualifiers, they played against Wales again -- after having played against them already in the EURO 2008 qualifiers.

Anyway, Germany has got a pretty tough group in my opinion. Sweden and Ireland are extremely tough opponents. And Austria can sometimes be difficult, too -- as could be seen in the EURO qualifier in June.

But the way the groups are shaped it could become a very interesting qualifying round. Croatia against Serbia, Italy against Denmark and Czech Republic, Netherlands against Turkey, Portugal against Russia, England against Poland and once more against that surprise team from Montenegro, Spain against France... Not bad, not bad at all.

I am so happy Canada got a favourable draw. :D

It's as easy as it'll ever get. If they still manage to screw this up, there's no one left to blame!

The intercontinental playoff against Oceania is a sweet deal too. Make it to the hex and you have a 4/6 shot at at least making the playoffs against most likely New Zealand (or if you take out Mex/US, there's still a 2/4 shot). Good odds.

It's as easy as it'll ever get. If they still manage to screw this up, there's no one left to blame!

The intercontinental playoff against Oceania is a sweet deal too. Make it to the hex and you have a 4/6 shot at at least making the playoffs against most likely New Zealand (or if you take out Mex/US, there's still a 2/4 shot). Good odds.

The thing is Canada needs to step up as they have beaten Jamaica, Honduras and Costa Rics before. A top three although unlikely is possible.

Archived