The Look of the games

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not exactly the official look but Olympics-related nonetheless -- I think many were hoping that the look would be more dynamic and shards-y, like this:

Yes. Count me in the group of people who was expecting more dimension to the shard effect. I do like the banners and the colors, but the actual shard bit leaves a little more to be desired.

I liked what I saw in the football stadiums yesterday...

The colour scheme is so UK and so in-synch with the London 2012 brand with all that purple... I liked it very much!

I just started crying. A grown man bought to tears at the sight of the mall decked out in union flag then Olympic flag and repeated like that. It looks stunning guys. It may be the defining image of the games. Simply breathtaking

Got a pic?

So far in NBC coverage the venue trim has been very plain looking. In aquatics it seem to be just the few contrasting yellow shards showed up, the other blue tones did not have the contrast and looked like a solid field. I noticed the contrasting shards seem to be the sole part that shows in other colored venues also like boxing, table tennis, basketball and the road race. However the greenery grasses and trees look amazing in the road race, the true green and pleasant land.

Archived