The Look of the games

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say from what I saw today, the aquatics mesh does look dirty. It obviously doesn't look like a 'grey' mesh no matter how we pretend it is.... the patches of brownness gave it away that it is dirt. Even the white solid fabric is quite dirty you can see streaks of stains on it at parts. Disappointed they wont be cleaning it, there's simply no time now with such huge surface area to clean.

kev - not really noticed - i am glad they have put up the rings though!

no i have been in the village - it looks good - better when the sun comes out!

Great. Post some pics of the Look in the village so we can admire the decor. Based in what I saw in that article there were almost no banners, but if you've got pictures proving otherwise, I'll gladly reconsider my opinion.

Love it.

Can't wait to see all the venues brought to life - fully dressed with spectators and athletes.

Use of colour is wisely restrained but the lines and shards give texture and energy. I couldn't bear the rainbow spectrum of colours in Beijing.

Sorry NY20 but most of those images aren't showing for some reason, from what i can see it looks very good! Much better than Beijing!

Hmm, I don't know why they don't appear for you. They work fine for me.

There are more everyday on Getty Images' website as venues begin to open for training.

they are working this morning! Don't know what that was all about, I'm really liking the Look! Can't wait to get down to some of these venues! I'm getting very excited now

Hmm, I don't know why they don't appear for you. They work fine for me.

There are more everyday on Getty Images' website as venues begin to open for training.

That is quite nice look! I was afraid of this because the logo isn't so impressive and I thought that the look of he games will be very crude and ice-cold. Now i think that it's pretty. The look of the games is always very important for me as it creates the atmosphere of the games.

Of course it would be difficult for London to prepare better design than Athens B)

The street dressing is colourful and works pretty well when there's lots of it; I hope the Park is saturated with such banners.

But the venue dressing has a lot more to it. The beach volleyball really works great. And looking back on the previous page whilst the back wall will surely get most of the attention in the Aquatic Centre, the row of boards between the two pools really catches the eye as do the end of the fiving boards. The velodrome looks darker than I expected; maybe it's just the photo?

It's good enough...nothing special. Agree with Rob, looks much better when there is lots of it. The main problem I have is that it doesn't immediately say London Olympics to me. But I do like the colours and think it looks great.

Volleyball looks good because there's more contrast in that decor. Most venues and banners seem to have less.

I knew the pink/red combo would show up somewhere. Too bad it's at O2. The "red" does look orangey in that pic, but again the lack of contrast diminishes an application could've been stronger.

None of it is terrible. It's festive, clean. But the UK is capable of more.

Love those banner with nation flags logo. And the long banners at O2 with the pictogram is so much nicer and more powerful than the normal street one. Proves that the Look works much better on a bigger surface.

Archived