The Look of the games

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the pic hope you had any amazing day. It's such a supportive friendly atmosphere isn't it.

Saw this signage next to platform of EAST bound Jubilee Line at Waterloo Station. What I found strange is the absence of Olympic Park in the signage. It points towards Excel and North Greenwich Arena (which is 3 stops away from Stratford station). I was changing from Bakerloo Line to Jubilee and Olympic Park is not in any of the many signages along the way . Do you think this is a TFL oversight or there is a reason they not wanting people to travel to the Olympic Park via Jubilee Line from Waterloo? I just can't think of any other route that's faster and more direct to Olympic Park from Waterloo station.  Hence very surprised how can they miss this crucial direction in possibly one of the busiest stations in London.  Anyone can enlighten me on this or should I email TFL about this?

1e830c8d.jpg

Saw this signage next to platform of EAST bound Jubilee Line at Waterloo Station. What I found strange is the absence of Olympic Park in the signage. It points towards Excel and North Greenwich Arena (which is 3 stops away from Stratford station). I was changing from Bakerloo Line to Jubilee and Olympic Park is not in any of the many signages along the way . Do you think this is a TFL oversight or there is a reason they not wanting people to travel to the Olympic Park via Jubilee Line from Waterloo? I just can't think of any other route that's faster and more direct to Olympic Park from Waterloo station. Hence very surprised how can they miss this crucial direction in possibly one of the busiest stations in London. Anyone can enlighten me on this or should I email TFL about this?

1e830c8d.jpg

I would imagine it's deliberate & to do with crowd control?? Not sure really!

A lot of the 'oversights' are intentional.

At Liverpool Street people looking for the Olympic Park are directed to the mainline platforms rather than the Central line. Signs on the Easbound Mile End station direct people to the District line, not the Central line, because by this point the Central line will be so over capacity the only way to get people is to use the District line and alight at West Ham for the Park.

In a way, it's been over engineered so it's not necessarily the quickest journey, but the one that it is hoped means the least amount of overcrowding (!) from certain stations.

I would imagine it's deliberate & to do with crowd control?? Not sure really!

I thought that might be the case too. The only other route is to get to Central Line and Stratford from there. But it doesn't really make sense to expect ppl in Waterloo to take that route to Stratford. Throngs of spectators from the south-west will be coming in from Waterloo station, is this really their strategy?

A lot of the 'oversights' are intentional.

At Liverpool Street people looking for the Olympic Park are directed to the mainline platforms rather than the Central line. Signs on the Easbound Mile End station direct people to the District line, not the Central line, because by this point the Central line will be so over capacity the only way to get people is to use the District line and alight at West Ham for the Park.

In a way, it's been over engineered so it's not necessarily the quickest journey, but the one that it is hoped means the least amount of overcrowding (!) from certain stations.

But it will only add to confusion isn't it? If I'm a tourist and I kinda know the quickest route to the Park but it's not shown on the signage, I'll be very confused and torn whether to take it or not. Hope there's stewards along the way to explain to ppl the quickest way at any particular time pending on the crowd update. To be honest, I still don't think the overcrowding will be as bad as they said. Almost like scaremongering and overplaying the whole bit.

I know it's not meant to be, but I like that they look similar to the animation style if the BBC trailer. Makes everything more coherent

Really? Have those characters appeared on any other Look elements? The rest of the world isn't seeing the BBC trailers.

Archived