The Look of the games

The park itself looks great, but the hockey venue looks underdressed from the outside. I guess they're saving money by leaving the temporary support structure exposed like that.

(this is of course if the video game is what the actual park will look like)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7482625362_080a8bc472_b.jpg

I took this today,

From Trinity Buoy wharf behind the light house boat ,The New Cable car from the Millennium dome to the vicictoria docks can be seen. its an elegant and mesmerising structure , Fat boys Diner is also at Trinity boy wharf used in the film sliding doors. Its not certain whether Trinity boy Whorf will benefit from the Olympics however ,as it’s a bit out of the loop even though its at the mouth of The river lea,

It remains one of the most interesting places to visit though,and I think it should feature in the opening ceremony

As faradays light house is one of the most important features of the lee Valley.

I also think this light house boat looks like one of the inspirations of the Orbit,

The Orbit and the Olympic stadium can also be seen form the top of the faradays light house ,

I have to point out this light house boat isn’t Faradays light house.

You get a view of the Olympic park from the cable car, its great. There was quite a line waiting to go on it Sunday, but with Oyster you bypass that. They soooo need to improve signage from the North Greenwich arena end though

Whats the piece behind Tom Daley on the diving board at 5 seconds, looks like a shard like ribbon or is it just a saircase?

Part of the tier dressing. You can also see the rings on the back wall when he dives.

The torch hits Stamford today. We are in the middle of nowhere and the road leading into town is actually lined in 2012 banners, people have their union flags flying, the high street has its bunting flying. I couldn't be prouder of my home town today. I hope I don't cry.

The torch hits Stamford today. We are in the middle of nowhere and the road leading into town is actually lined in 2012 banners, people have their union flags flying, the high street has its bunting flying. I couldn't be prouder of my home town today. I hope I don't cry.

Don't hold back Davey. I shed a tear or two when the torch reached Sydney Town Hall myself. Savour the emotion!

Archived