The Look of the games

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is pretty wonderful to me.

7455901380_b3c146c956_b.jpg

I find it very odd that one of 5 field color-ways is so different from the others. They are all very monocromatic except the purple-pink which is strikingly different.

If the venue color scheme is orange, blue, purple and magenta then they have combined purple and magenta into one banner here and added yellow and green as seperate monocrapatic options. I don't understand why purple and magenta were not developed as seperate monocromatic banners.....I know it's kind of silly but i tend to obscess about these type of choices if I can't figure out a pattern. I would love to see a complete look manuel, is it available?

Agreed, the saturation in that photograph is clearly altered so there's no point in arguing what color is what.

What's important is that those banners look nice, grand, and celebratory and hopefully more streets look like that.

Baron - Glasgow is hosting some of the football matches. But non of the Team GB games.

Okay so here's one with less saturation.

7306899664_f4bf32902c_b.jpg

Also looks good, but aren't those different banners? The red/orange one in the earlier pic was solid without intersecting lines. That one has the lines and the graduated values.

Plus the one in the foreground is just purple. In the other pic it had magenta.

Not that any of it matters. I just hope they keep the red/orange far away from the bubble gum pink.

I like the super tall banners though.

I took these today .Alexandra Palace have changed the banners since I was last there, so I deleted the old photographs , the colour coordination is much better now, with all colours standing out

I’m sure come the torch relay it will be even better.

7473023978_b86564677b_c.jpg

7472996680_1bf500dde2_c.jpg

7473004514_70ac70ab69_c.jpg

7472993390_0f7004b8cc_c.jpg

As well as the torch relay The TV studio are applying for world heritage site status as the location of the world first ever regular TV service.

Nice to see more banners.

Ok, I know this really is of no importance, but DarJoLe, you must admit that second pic in Tower Bridge Fox's post is RED. It's not vermillion or orangey that is apple RED.

For those who think this is totally silly (and it kind of is) DarJoLe and I first talked about the red/orange months ago when I mentioned how bad the it would look next to the bubblegum pink. Fortunately they seem to be keeping those colors far apart.

I've just moved to Salford Quays and branding is everywhere. They have the lamp column strips from the motorway right into the Quays. They also have white flag columns lining the Trafford side of the Quays. The whole place looks great.

Ok, I know this really is of no importance, but DarJoLe, you must admit that second pic in Tower Bridge Fox's post is RED. It's not vermillion or orangey that is apple RED.

I know it's orange because I've seen it in real life and it's orange. It's orange since there are no red banners. It looks red in photos, and in the Glasgow one the colour has been pumped so full of saturation the tints have disppeared into one colour and the bright purple has turned into what looks like magenta.

The only time bubblegum pink appears is on the Boris' uniforms. London 2012's uses are the wayfinding magenta, which will be used next to orange in North Greenwich Arena (which we've seen on the Sega and Nintendo Games).

The only red in London 2012's brand is when it is used on the Games Maker uniforms.

Anyway here's the rings on Wembley Arena.

Awemr5rCAAEUwxc.jpg

There you go. The Glasgow banners. Orange.

7309233842_fe002ee5d6_b.jpg

They are wrinkly! They don't look like fabric to me. What are they made of?

DarJoLe, if that's the same Glasgow banner, it's definitely orange on the bottom, but that still looks like red on the top. Tower Bridge Fox's photos don't look heavily edited like the Glasgow pics. That's some pretty fancy color adjustment because they sure look true red.

As for the bubblegum pink, it was in the media center design too, wasn't it?

It's not the bubblegum pink. It's a muted pinky plum. Would still look awful with either the deep orange or red -- which is mercifully absent from their palette here.

xeevjs.jpg

Oops. Here's the pic.

Yep it's orange. Whent to seven dials this weekend and it's lovely. It really is. The streets are filled with bunting and in the sun the colours are so fresh and vibrant. Anyway what I wanted to post about was how far the banner lined streets were going. I had to get a bus part of the journey home from Wembley which is decked out in a lot of banners as it should be as a venue but I was seeing banners as far as pinner and then northwood. That's zone 6! As far as I'm concerned that's incredible. I only expected it to be the centre but they are popping up everywhere. I also saw them around the south bank and Tate modern. Good work London 2012.

It's not the bubblegum pink. It's a muted pinky plum. Would still look awful with either the deep orange or red -- which is mercifully absent from their palette here.

Well each of the venues will get their media rooms decked out in their respective colour treatment. That dark purple though matches the media tribunes in the stadium, so it's sort of a darker colour that calms the rest down or knocks back so it' not noticed. The Aquatics Centre has dark blue ones, so I imagine it's to do with which spectrum the two colour ways are in.

Archived