The Look of the games

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When i think or Regent St i think of the Xmas lights and think it makes it a bit special at night so would like to have seen something like that for the games. I do like the flags idea but like other have said maybe oxford St. Guess my thought might change when i see it up close in just over a month

Wow, the rings must've been put up pretty early this morning, i definitely didn't see them there last night.

The look is up in Barkingside (Redbridge) and Wanstead (Redbridge) but just flag banners on the lampposts. Looking pretty sparse at the moment but there may still be more to come.

I did wonder when I saw the first of the pics that you posted this morning, Rob. I hadn't appreciated that the bascules actually reached the full height to the walkway so was wondering where they were going to put the rings that wouldn't interfere with the bridge being able to open. The logo being retractable back to that position makes sense.

What we have in central London right now is a mixture of the Jubilee Union jakes in places like the seven dials and leading to Licester squire and

The international al flags on reagent street,

Also a celebration of the London phone box has just kicked off and will running all summer.

Phone boxes have been transformed in to works of art pretty trippy and psycadelic I have to say.

I’m starting to feel there will be so many bazaar things going an London it really will be like the magical mystery tour, or Yellow submarine during the Olympics.

I also saw the rings on Tower Bridge today not hanging down yet, but surprising the tourist crossing the bridge as they look up.

Walked past Regent Street today. I thought the flags look great, they are definitely not as densely arranged as it looks in photos, and not all 200+ nations flags are there. Some of them spill into the side streets eg. Conduit St. I like it, adds colour and an international celebration feel to the street. Wished they cramped more in though and make it more dense! Like a whole dazzling canopy of flags!

imageauk.jpg

Walked past Regent Street today. I thought the flags look great, they are definitely not as densely arranged as it looks in photos, and not all 200+ nations flags are there. Some of them spill into the side streets eg. Conduit St. I like it, adds colour and an international celebration feel to the street. Wished they cramped more in though and make it more dense! Like a whole dazzling canopy of flags!

imageauk.jpg

Are you never satisfied lol? It does look great though me thinks!?

imageauk.jpg

I agree with you kevzz. It looks good the way it is. Certainly nothing to complain about. BUT it would have been even better if the flags were more concentrated.

Some more venues signage in tube stations. Surprised to see one at Moorgate, guess they put them up at every station then. With such venue specific signs like this, one doesn't even have to read the tube map. You just follow the venue direction and it will lead you through every turns and stairs to the correct line and platform, easy! Must say I like the pink a lot, this colour scheme really stands out you can't miss it!

6758a72b.jpg

7ca2daf0.jpg

Was in town most of yesterday. The pink wayfinding signs are literally everywhere on the Tube, it should be pretty hard to get lost on the way to a venue.

I also saw some of the banners in Tottenham High Road; they had purple yellow, orange and black ones. I'm not a fan of the black ones, but the others looked good.

Saw the flags up in Regent St as well. The Daily Mail photos make them look really close together. But Kev's photo actually makes them look further apart than they are.

Didn't get any photos sadly.

there are loads of the banners in South Woodford - they are really colourful and make quite an impact -they are all bookended by 2 black banners one saying London 2012 and then the other has the London Borough it's in - in this instance Redbridge.

there are also loads of banners and furniture wraps and bunting in stratford - all looked very vibrant and festive! good work from locog!

Its not an Olympic venue, its not in the centre of London, just one banner is shown on a lampost in an area outside the city. I don't think the whole of London could ever be given such an intense treatment as the city centre or the Olympic park. Can we judge the scheme on this image, I very much doubt it.

Archived