Commonwealth Winter Games

:lol: Irony!!!...NZ Winter Games are buried in snow at the moment...Along with the rest of the South Island. It's not so much that NZ can host a larger Winter event, it's the mental capacity of our athletes that's the problem - they always do well at world champs but implode at the Olympics all stressed out...Fouth place doesn't cut it!

:lol: Irony!!!...NZ Winter Games are buried in snow at the moment...Along with the rest of the South Island. It's not so much that NZ can host a larger Winter event, it's the mental capacity of our athletes that's the problem - they always do well at world champs but implode at the Olympics all stressed out...Fouth place doesn't cut it!

Yeah, I was surprised none of you Kiwis had posted any pics yet. I heard even Auckland's outskirts and Wellington got falls.

Jeez, less than a month till the RWC - be ironic if you had matches down south in the snow!

Yeah, I was surprised none of you Kiwis had posted any pics yet. I heard even Auckland's outskirts and Wellington got falls.

Jeez, less than a month till the RWC - be ironic if you had matches down south in the snow!

<_< Well...All those balmy weather teams will just have to harden up!!!! Especially those who have to play in Dunedin or Invercargill!

How are you holding out in New Zealand? i have seen images of the snow and I have to say that's more snow then we in Canada saw this past year :lol:

Meh! It's winter...Even Hamilton got a brief flurry! (It has never snowed in Hamilton)

NZ Winter Games opened today at Cardrona Ski Park, a good snow base to be had!! :D

<_< Well...All those balmy weather teams will just have to harden up!!!! Especially those who have to play in Dunedin or Invercargill!

Meh! It's winter...Even Hamilton got a brief flurry! (It has never snowed in Hamilton)

NZ Winter Games opened today at Cardrona Ski Park, a good snow base to be had!! :D

I couldn't believe it, but the Mt (where I live) got a little bit of snow. Not much, but that's unheard of that far below the kaimais.

The Mt is supposed to look like this

%7BE33BB9DE-3643-42D5-AB98-226F60A4E2CF%7D.jpg

It's not supposed to snow there. haha.

• 1 month later...

CmwealthWinterGames1958.jpg

Now THAT pic's interesting! Where'd you find it?

I notice the date says 1958??????

I've tried to research the CWWGs, and it's hard enough finding any mention much of the 1962 games. I've never seen any references to a 58 games ... I'm really intrigued now!

I searched Commonwealth Winter Games on google images and that popped up

Yeah, I tracked back the pic to a NZ antique site.

I'm just really intrigued now. As I said, tracking down any references to even the 1962 games, on the web at least, only throws up a few oblique references. I guess any original sources are too old to be online. I might have to take myself down to the State Library, or write to the CGF to see what I can find out.

Archived