COUNTDOWN TO DECISION 2012: July 6

mr.x

OMG  :shocked:

If these posts are any indication, can you imagine what they will be like if Madrid or Paris doesn't win?  Countless accusations of bribery, racism, stupid IOC, blah blah blah. etc. will be the order of the day.

Whereas if London, Moscow or New York doesn't win I think we will all be like, "darn - I'm disappointed.  Oh well, life moves on."

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If these posts are any indication, can you imagine what they will be like if Madrid or Paris doesn't win?  Countless accusations of bribery, racism, stupid IOC, blah blah blah. etc. will be the order of the day.

Whereas if London, Moscow or New York doesn't win I think we will all be like, "darn - I'm disappointed.  Oh well, life moves on."

I know I have been thinking the same thing......it is very scary to think if London, Moscow, or NYC wins how they will react...should be interesting...but at least all of the non-premium members will be locked out for a while lol

I know I have been thinking the same thing......it is very scary to think if London, Moscow, or NYC wins how they will react...should be interesting...but at least all of the non-premium members will be locked out for a while lol

Your right.  I may need to send GBModerator a gift for making that decision  :idea:

BTW GBModerator - if you are hovering about - do you send a message when our membership is about to expire?  I think I am coming to the end of mine.

The initial report doesn't matter anymore because a lot has changed since then and London is certainly not ranked third anymore.

The initial report is the only one who ranks, who gives a punctuation (1-10). Anyway Madrid continues having the strongest support, the 83% of the venues needed already built, the best public transport and, as the other cities, has improved its weak points (in the case of Madrid accomodation). I'm sure the rank will be more or less the same if they did that report right now. The second report doesnt dare to give any punctuation, just describes the project of all the cities.

Anyway i dont want to look down on other candidate cities or projects, for me, any of the 5 cities would organise good games. I just meant that all people thinks thats a competition among NY, LONDON and PARIS... forgetting the good bid of Madrid (whose project was ranked 2).. and basing on prejudices, on popularity of the cities.

Your right.  I may need to send GBModerator a gift for making that decision  :idea:

BTW GBModerator - if you are hovering about - do you send a message when our membership is about to expire?  I think I am coming to the end of mine.

It will be a challenge to see how these forums is going to cope with the "mass influx" of us trying to get up-to-date news from Singapore.

It will be a challenge to see how these forums is going to cope with the "mass influx" of us trying to get up-to-date news from Singapore.

Well, for the last host city decision and for Athens 2004, the forums had a ton of errors, and it either froze or took a long time for things to load.

The athletes that are candidates for being IOC members are of the following:

- Jacqui Cooper (Australia)

- Ruben Gonzalez (Argentina)

- Georg Hackl (Germany)

- Mark Hatton (Great Britain)

- Kwang-Bae Kang (Korea [south])

- Saku Koivu (Finland)

- Janica Kostelic (Croatia)

- Jaak Mae (Estonia)

- Corinne Niogret (France)

- Kenji Ogiwara (Japan)

- Maria Jose Rienda (Spain)

- Becky Scott (Canada)

- Adne Sondral (Norway)

- Yang Yang (China)

- Pawel Zygmunt (Poland)

Who do you think should be elected? Remember, only TWO will make it.

With 3 days to go, quite a lot of activity on the IOC news front:

The athletes that are candidates for being IOC members are of the following:

- Georg Hackl (Germany)

- Yang Yang (China)

Who do you think should be elected? Remember, only TWO will make it.

Not those 2 for sure:

- Hackl admitted to working for the old GDR Stasi; and

- Yang Yang is a panda  :wwww:

Canada & Estonia seem to be the most neutral ones.

Not those 2 for sure:

- Hackl admitted to working for the old GDR Stasi; and

- Yang Yang is a panda  :wwww:

Canada & Estonia seem to be the most neutral ones.

These two would only strengthen their countries' number of IOC members. China and Germany has 2 members each already.

Archived