COUNTDOWN TO DECISION 2012: July 6

mr.x

The IOC has put on its website the report that could determine the fate of all the sports and events that are in the Olympic program now. Man, talk about a download here: 265 pages in .pdf format!

IOC article and a link inside about this very post:

IOC Releases Olympic Programme Commission Report

About the download of the 2012 Olympic Games candidate cities evaluation commission report, the title of this IOC article says it all:

New Record For WWW.OLYMPIC.ORG

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news for New York!!!

Aroundtherings.com has just released their updated version of their bid ratings.

NYC2012 volunteers should have already gotten this e-mail.

New York is up with London and Paris, according to Around the Rings.

Here is the report provided by Around the Rings:

London (87; 85 prevous) -- Higher score in bid operations due to Prime Minister Tony Blair's increased involvement in the campaign and an uptick on security after a briefing for ATR by Scotland Yard on Olympic security plans. "London will not lose this bid over security," Metropolitan police chief Sir Ian Blair tells Around the Rings.

Madrid (74; 75 previous) -- Concern about the supply of hotel rooms in Madrid in the IOC Evaluation Commisssion report leads to a drop of one point in Power Index for Madrid.

Moscow (64; 66 previous) -- A two point drop for the Russian bid after complaints from the IOC Evaluation Commission that insufficient information was supplied by Moscow in accommodations and marketing.

New York City (83, 77 previous) -- Solving the loss an Olympic Stadium in Manhattan with a plan for another in Queens in just days has rescued the bid and appears to make it stronger. Some IOC members may think the new plan is a last-minute patch that won't hold up. ATR's Ppwer Index says the change means better scores in bid operation, cost, public support, security and venue plans.

Paris (89, 86 previous) -- The IOC labeled "excellent" the accommodations plan for Paris, the only city to win that superlative, bumping up the Power Index for accommodation. The June 5 spectacle on the Champs Elysees demonstrated Paris's ability to stage mass promotions, a boost to the rating for bid operations and IOC praise for adhering to the recommendations of the Olympic Games Study Commission upped the Paris venue score.

New York City (83, 77 previous)

Is this a joke for make laugh?

NYC (70; 77 previous)

The stadium isn't very good

Madrid is just outside the top 3.

NYC is who is outside the top 3: have you seen the same report than me? Have you seen the mark in Lausanne last year? :rolleyes:

Madrid is just outside the top 3.

NYC is who is outside the top 3: have you seen the same report than me? Have you seen the mark in Lausanne last year? :rolleyes:

Hola Mikel,

In reality, it doesn't care very much which one of the cities is out of the Top-3...

Specially if we consider that only ONE city will get the Games.  :wwww:

I've never established such a ranking, because it is the "Ranking for Losers" - Also the 2nd most voted city on 6th July will have lost.  :;):

Let's hope that the choosen one is Madrid...and let others waste their time with Rankings based on their Wishes..

Salu2

40 DAYS!

Sigh, I still remember the 40 days before Decision 2010.....how fast time passes by............

logo_singapore.gifv_singapore2.jpg

Whose name will we hear on July 6? Will it be Paris? New York City? Moscow? London? Madrid?

"The International Olympic Committee has the honour of announcing that the 30th Olympic Summer Games of the modern era in 2012, are awarded to the city of, ___."

logo_paris.gif  logo_nyc.gif  logo_moscou.gif  logo_london.gif  logo_madrid.gif

"The International Olympic Committee has the honour of announcing that the 21st Olympic Winter Games in 2010 are awarded to the city of, Vancouver." - Jacque Rogge, President of the IOC; 116th IOC Session in Prague; Wednesday, July 2, 2003 at 8:41 am PST.

v3.jpg

v5.jpg

If you're the lucky city on July 6, what your news will be like on that day: http://ctvbroadcast.ctv.ca/video....640.wmv

Madrid, for sure, will win!

From Castilla to Andalucía, from Mayorca to Canarias, we all are with you!

castillaleon.jpg

Wow, if you actually read the post,

The rankings is based from An Index by Around the Rings.

How do people deal with you in real life? :suspect:

OK...then in other words....

Let's hope that the choosen one is Madrid...and let others waste their time with biased Rankings from AroundTheRings.

Better so?....

In reality I don't know what is worse:

- To edit such Rankings, or...

- To trust in such Rankings...

Regards....

Wow, if you actually read the post,

The rankings is based from An Index by Around the Rings.

How do people deal with you in real life? :suspect:

OK...then in other words....

Let's hope that the choosen one is Madrid...and let others waste their time with biased Rankings from AroundTheRings.

Better so?....

In reality I don't know what is worse:

- To edit such Rankings, or...

- To trust in such Rankings...

Regards....

This "rankings" or "something to want to become a ranking" are pure rubbish: Paris, London and NYC the Top-3??  :D Nyc? Please!!! Is this a joke? Hello? Caiga quien caiga por ahi? Quitad ya la camara oculta, la hemos pillado!!! :D

Is clearly that this "website" is supporting NY, then if you ask to a Spanish website, they will say to you the contray, so... are this rankins credible?? :upside:

14 DAYS!

..whatever...

why would you respond like that?

in 2 ways:

Whatever...14 days is nothing.

Whatever...i lost the interest in this..no new news, nothing speciall happening same fights about NY vs Madrid and noone taken seriously Moscow.

NOthing against noone.

GOOD LUCK FOR MADRID.... IS THE BEST AND THE ONLY ONE WHO NEVER HAS ORGANISIZED AN OLYMPIC GAMES...

" organisized " = ORGANISED....you greedy olympic spanish personage .

Do you speak our language? Do you speak spanish? So at least he tries to speak yours, thing that brittish and americans never do (it's too comfortable that everybody speaks my language...)

hmmmm that is a good point....why didn't the Spanish Olympic Committee choose their "wonderful" captial city to host the 1992 Olympics, but rather chsoe the smaller city of Barcelona....(and no this is not the same as the USA chosing LA, because the USA has many large cities that are capable of hosting, and therefore more options and oppurtunities to host, unlike Spain)....

What the hell do you mean with "wonderful"... ? Oh my god, i'm fed up with stupid perjudices. We are not here to say which cities are better and wich are worse... anyway i invite you to search the last inform about quality of life in cities of the world, Madrid, as many other european cities ranked before New York...

It seems that people are voting cities basing on prejudices. Sinc London, New York and Paris are the richest cities and also the most known or popular, they are more capable to host Olympic Games. I would invite people to read the IOC short list report, who evaluated the project inform handed in by all the candidates cities, which ranked: 1 Paris 2 Madrid 3 London 4 New York 5 Moscow.

They evaluated 11 subjects (rank according to the 5 cities selected):

-Government support, legal issues and public opinion:

1 Madrid 2 Paris 3 London

-General infraestructure:

-Sport-venues:

-Olympic Village:

-Environmental conditions and impact:

1 Paris 2 Madrid and London 3 New York

-Accomodation:

1 Paris, London and NewYork 2 Madrid

-Transport concept:

1 Madrid 2 Paris 3 London and New York

-Safety and Security:

1 Paris 2 London 3 Madrid and New York

-Experience of past sports events:

1 Paris 2 New York 3 Madrid

-Finance:

1 Paris, Madrid and London 2 New York 3 Moscow

-Overall Project and Legacy:

1 Paris and Madrid 2 London 3 New York

And as I said before.. Final Result

1 Paris 2 Madrid 3 London

Where is New York? :)

So Madrid leaders 5 points and shares leadership (with Paris) in 2 points. Then Madrid has the highest punctuation of the 5 candidates cities in 7 of the 11 points, that means a very good project.

Just one thing more, many people confused what the last report meant with VERY HIGH QUALITY and HIGH QUALITY, they didnt refer to the project of the candidates cities but to the information received about the project!

So i think Paris and Madrid deserve both to win (their final punctuation is very similar), but since Barcelona hosted 1992 Games and Paris is a candidate city for the third time (it lost 1992 and 2008), Paris is supposed to win.

Archived