11th EYOF Trabzon 2011 - European Youth Olympic Festival

All this is too political... It's a first than a minister/president that is opening the event is giving a speech....

That's what i was complaining about the way they were announcing their 2020 bid... too much politics and still looking for the NOC and the sport movement !

(but here i have no idea, about what he is talking about !)

He talked about human values in the world and that sports organizations are important to increase human values for every generation.

And normally at various sports organizations it is possible that a ministir and/or president helds a little speech.

Two years ago Trabzon got the Olympic Eyof flag in Tampere/Finland

note: The PM didn't make any 2020 anouncement

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And normally at various sports organizations it is possible that a ministir and/or president helds a little speech.

Not at the Olympics. No speech from the political. This is not a political tribune. And this is against the Olympic Charter to do politics !

And still looking for Rogge !

The eyof hymne is playing now.

Not at the Olympics. No speech from the political. This is not a political tribune. And this is against the Olympic Charter to do politics !

And still looking for Rogge !

These are not the Olympics .. this is the EYOF .. We are aware that is not the point at the REAL Olympic OC's ;)

Now there are coming 9 atheletes to represent the 9 sports at the EYOF for the lightning of the cauldron .. olympic flame

The eyof hymne is playing now.

These are not the Olympics .. this is the EYOF .. We are aware that is not the point at the REAL Olympic OC's ;)

Now there are coming 9 atheletes to represent the 9 sports at the EYOF for the lightning of the cauldron .. olympic flame

I know that is EYOF, and I know what are about an OC at EYOF and that all the olympic protocol and charter has supposed to be followed.

EOC is a continental representation of the IOC... so same protocol as for the Olympics.

And for your information, I already attended 3 OC for EYOF and I never saw that.

Nice design of the Torch :)

I know that is EYOF, and I know what are about an OC at EYOF and that all the olympic protocol and charter has supposed to be followed.

EOC is a continental representation of the IOC... so same protocol as for the Olympics.

And for your information, I already attended 3 OC for EYOF and I never saw that.

Nice design of the Torch :)

You are making a lot of noise in a porcelain market .. such a big fuss for nothing ..

The PM didn't make any political statments .. people killed in Norway and in Turkey .. the audience has been invited for 1 minute silence.

Com'on Memo .. B) Be reasonable .. ;)

So my synthesis. I have been bored by the speeches... and by the dance at the beginning...

But impressed by the number of people attending, by the means spent for a EYOF opening ceremony... and by the lighting of the flame ending show...

You are making a lot of noise in a porcelain market .. such a big fuss for nothing ..

The PM didn't make any political statments .. people killed in Norway and in Turkey .. the audience has been invited for 1 minute silence.

Com'on Memo .. B) Be reasonable .. ;)

I just want to say becareful Turkey... The feeling I had from this ceremony and from the several press issues related to the bid are not going in the good way... Games & Bids should be about sport, and only sport... we should forget the politics...

* Torch Beares

Female athelte - Voleyball

male athelte - Wrestling

male athlete - Judo

Disabled male athelte - swimming he came first in his seri at the disabled european swimming in Berlin. He's name was Beytullah.

my conclusion:

Highlights:

- nations parade

- the "fishermens dance"

- the lightning and the flame ballet

boring:

- the speeches

awkward:

- TRT mixed AUT and AUS and used the wrong flags

- not that I have a problem to cheer for a PM, but I had the impression that there was a delegation of Erdogan's party, who praised him or shouted a party slogan...

my conclusion:

Highlights:

- nations parade

- the "fishermens dance"

- the lightning and the flame ballet

boring:

- the speeches

awkward:

- TRT mixed AUT and AUS and used the wrong flags

- not that I have a problem to cheer for a PM, but I had the impression that there was a delegation of Erdogan's party, who praised him or shouted a party slogan...

I couldn't have told it better.

There was not a delegiton of the PM there. He is just so popular in Turkey especially in that region because his roots are there. about 75 km from Trabzon .. my roots are also in that region .. in City of Rize. B):)

Memo .. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart that you stayed here for almost 2 hours. (maybe even more)

Respect to all the comments .. but I have to admit one thing; whole of Turkey is fucked up with the latest terrorist attacks last week and this week. We have lost about 20-30 soldiers in our country. And that deserved an inviting from the Pm towards the audience.

I think that the PM has taken permission from the orgnizing committee and the EOC president to make that invitation of 1 minute silence.

Oh .. gosh .. you know that maybe these are the fewest moments that you can bring respect towards humanity .. that's what Olympic Celebration is all about .. :mellow:

regards

fatih

yes .. I've noticed it .. The OC is not over .. the ottoman period is symbolised as KANUNI SOLEMAN THE GREAT is born in Trabzon. He was the Sultan that braught the Ottoman on the largest and highest level ever in Ottoman history.

You know his second name given by the Turkish people is KANUNI - that means the justifier. Because is was explecitly correct towards the Justice towards his people.

In Bern, The Capital of Bern there is a Justice-Statue embracing 4 people in history who were correct in Justic. One of them is Soleman, one from Europe, One from the Far east and the last one I don't remember. The statue is located in the Justice Street in Bern. ;)

Respect to all the comments .. but I have to admit one thing; whole of Turkey is fucked up with the latest terrorist attacks last week and this week. We have lost about 20-30 soldiers in our country. And that deserved an inviting from the Pm towards the audience.

May be I am over reacting, as your terrorist attack were not something we were aware (as the tragedy in Norway).

But my comments was not only the minute of silence. It was a general comments on the time took by the 2 speeches from the Sport ministry and the PM.

Please, give room to athletes, to sporting movement's representatives, to volunteers... not to politics !!!

And i am still looking for my friend Jacques... ??? !!!

citius... u like adana?? spicy and hot??:D

yeah, of course - and Ayran to drink!!!

Now the final .. clôture with the world-known professional equipe of the SULTANCE OF THE DANCE .. not River-Dance .. hehe .. :P

It is strange in my link the broadcast stopped and there is a show now from a studio...

:(

yeah, of course - and Ayran to drink!!!

wow... u become a turk already:D

by the way fatih for your apologies i wanna correct u.. the ottoman empire reachs its highest level after kanuni not under his sultanate...

and i dont like the ceremony.. these organisators need a new innovated and fresh brains at their offices...:/

and for last... did i miss İstanbul 2020 officialy announced ?? or not??

Archived