11th EYOF Trabzon 2011 - European Youth Olympic Festival

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now .. the ROUGH side of the black sea is coming .. with the TAKA .. the fishermensboats for deccenia long ..

The TAKA is the sosyo-economic issue of the region to survive .. living with the sea .. the food etc ..

The main folklore is based on the bag-pipes and the KEMENCE .. The Turkish Lyra .. a sort of violin with 4 snears.

The folkoristic dance has a 8-step dance rutine .. 3 steps forwards 3 backwards .. and steps lifting the feet up in coordance with the shoulders moves .. it goes very fast .. and you are sweatting after a time .. hehe .. :P

The commentator says that the Official Program will begin within moments.

I hope Rogge gets an idea how Olympics could look like in Istanbul!

Of course but the culturale heritage in Istanbul is much much richer.

The comentator said that the cultural programme is being organised in the frame of only the Black Sea Region.

And the main concept was to make it more youthfull than only pure official cultural programme. A more spontanious programme. B)

I was feeling strangely this speaker since the beginning... too nervous for me !

And i just noticed a big mistake... of ambush marketing ! His computer is a Sony when ACER is a TOP Sponsor....

EYOF are not always good luck for a bidding city.... Paris organized the 2003 EYOF... 2 years before the 2012 election !!!

A friend of mine participated last week at the EuroGames in Rotterdam and he was quite dissapointed - the floor of the venue was a disaster and he decided that he won't play Badminton there - his verdict: and they had two years time for preparations...

Istanbul 2020

ANKARA, Turkey — The president of Turkey’s Olympic committee says Istanbul is likely to bid for the 2020 Olympics.

Ugur Erdener says Sunday that there is “a general agreement” within Turkey to launch the city’s fifth bid for the games. Istanbul ran four consecutive failed bids to host the Olympics in 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012.

According to a report on the Hurriyet newspaper website, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan may announce the bid later Sunday when he opens the European Youth Olympic Festival in the Black Sea port city of Trabzon.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/turkish-offical-says-istanbul-likely-to-bid-for-olympic-games-in-2020/2011/07/24/gIQATbkbWI_story.html

^^ the PM alread did the official announce ?

Still can't believe a European Games hasn't materialised - in terms of exposure it could only benefit most sports in getting coverage of their European Champs and surely help both past and potentially future Olympic cities too. The only downside of a Eurolympics I can think of really is some smaller cities would lose out on hosting events in individual sports.

I was feeling strangely this speaker since the beginning... too nervous for me !

And i just noticed a big mistake... of ambush marketing ! His computer is a Sony when ACER is a TOP Sponsor....

Yes I've noticed it too .. He is KORHAN ABAY to co-presentator of the 49th 2004 Eurovision Song Contest.

He is one of the few presentators that can speak and comment in 5-6 languages .. including Russion

Now the ministry of Sports is speaking. A totally new ministry in the Turkish History .. He is also from the Region

From the City of Samsun exactly. 375 km away from Trabzon .. also at the Black Sea coast ..

He is known for his corroct fonetic pronounciation. :D

Silence of 1 minute for the people who were killed in Norway says the commentator.

about the qeustion of gotosy on the previous page .. the Minister of Sports didn't announce anything about the 2020 Istanbul candidancy yet .. nor the PM Erdogan did.

We have to wait and see .. meanwhile the president of the EOC European Olympic Committees Association is speaking

Maybe he is preparing his speech...

who is that guy in the white poloshirt - sitting on the steps?

Normaly Rogge has no speech at EYOF

All this is too political... It's a first than a minister/president that is opening the event is giving a speech....

That's what i was complaining about the way they were announcing their 2020 bid... too much politics and still looking for the NOC and the sport movement !

(but here i have no idea, about what he is talking about !)

There is a new olympic hymn with the Flag ???

Archived