Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fatixxx

11th EYOF Trabzon 2011 - European Youth Olympic Festival

11th EYOF Trabzon 2011

European Youth Olympic Festival - The European Summer YOG - First olympic flame ever in Turkey

23 July 2011 - 30 July 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xieOSlmxMFM

LINK OFFICIAL WEBSITE ==> http://www.trabzon2011.org

note: every day I will try to post something interesting about the 11th Eyof ..

regards

fatih

VISIT EYOF 2011 IN 360° VIEW ==>> http://www.trabzon2011.org/sanaltur/

In the right upper corner you will have an english flag and the sport-categories with their respectively venues.

The removable roof of the swimming complex is awesome.

A totally new gymnastics building has been built too .. also new tennis courts ..

So 2 days to go .. last but not least the olympic village has been opened officially today.

:)

It's amazing to see so much people attending an OC of EYOF !!! :)

Am i the only one to see double ?

The Turkish Prime Minister and the IOC president and Founder of the Eyof is Jacques Rogge is also present at the OC .. :)

Athletes Parade to start.

First Greece. The booing from the crowd is not nice :(

The Greek flag comes into the stadium .. as usual

We will have the attandance of 49 European countries totally .. meanwhile Albania comes into the stadium ..

Andora Armenia Austria Azerbaijan Belarus and my homecoutnry Belgium .. comes in .. Yesss .. :) .. it goes fast ..

I like that the young athletes enjoy their time during the parade...

First I thought that Germany doesn't participate - since I saw on the big screen "Georgia" and then "Great Britain" only...

... I wonder why the nations enter according their names in english ...

I read somewhere on a Turkish Website that that is an aggreement with the EOC, European Olympic Committees Association.

Meanwhile Norway comes in. In the last two days the Trabzon Organizing Committee delivered their condolences the the Norwegian delegation.

Condolence visit to Norwegian Team:

http://www.trabzon2011.org/detay/5181/Condolence-visit-to-Norwegian-Team.html

OK now that all the teams are in .. I think we are going to have the Olympic oath now. ..

After that the Cultural Programme .. will promis a lot .. I hope it will be not boring .. :rolleyes:

I have to corrigate myself .. It is directly the cultural program ..

We begin with the KOLBASTI .. a very dynamic dance routine from the region .. :P

The intro was about the children of sea .. now the sun rises up and the dynamism of the sea begins ..

We have to be aware of the fact that Trabzon is at the Black Sea coast (organised in 2007 the 1rst blacksea games)

The sea has a very unique and permanent impact on the culture and the people. That's also why the mascot is the HAMSI

a little friendly fish (sardine) .. The folklore is harmonised with the black-sea-bag-pipe that you hear at the bacground.

Trabzon's natural surroundings are like a mixure of European Alps and the Scottish Highlands.

I will try to do my best to follow and translate as much as possible .. stay tuned .. ;)

Hmm interesting .. the jumping acrobates are coming from Frankfurt says the commentator .. :)

And after the jumping we have the KOLBASTI .. played in the region only by the youth ..