Halifax - New Halifax Stadium

Toronto is not included since it hosts the Pan american games in 2015

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just two days until kickoff, the purity of the women's game will be a refreshing change from all the vile, disgusting disclosures of the past week.

Emblem release was today Note 6 cities will host: Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa, Moncton, Winnipeg and Montreal (all but Montreal will have a recently built or renovated stadium.

FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015 – official poster launch Image courtesy FIFA.com FIFA: July 10, 2014 - As we draw towards the climax of another extraordinary FIFA World Cu

@ Citius Altius Fortius I put up the venues on Wikipedia :lol: they are no way confirmed though.

If they Can do the cup in June which is possible June 1 - June 22 or something and let Toronto host just the opening match or something then it would be fine. Or they could allow Toronto to host matches at the 2014 u20 world cup.

@ Citius Altius Fortius I put up the venues on Wikipedia :lol: they are no way confirmed though.

@intoronto1125

lol: it's a small world!!!

Yeah - I looked that up on wikipedia - I wrote a lot on wikipedia myself (mostly about Olympic Games - I did e.g. the tables about the Olympic Bids or the Ballots - or the flag tables about the participating teams etc. etc.)

Yeah - I saw that it isn't confirmed yet, therewith I said the proposed ones...

@intoronto1125

lol: it's a small world!!!

Yeah - I looked that up on wikipedia - I wrote a lot on wikipedia myself (mostly about Olympic Games - I did e.g. the tables about the Olympic Bids or the Ballots - or the flag tables about the participating teams etc. etc.)

Yeah - I saw that it isn't confirmed yet, therewith I said the proposed ones...

You wouldn't be the same person who I had a discussion about Djibouti?

Moncton's is only 10,000 right now and the city is 1/7 the population of London. London could be a future CFL home. Even KWC would have been an option to host matches to have some presence in Southern Ontario. I mean we only have more then 1/4 of the entire population of Canada.

Edited by Faster
  • 1 month later...

NKorea out of Women's WCup for deer gland doping

ZURICH (AP) — FIFA banned North Korea from the 2015 Women's World Cup after five players tested positive for steroids from traditional musk deer gland therapy at the tournament last month.

FIFA on Thursday imposed bans of up to 18 months on all five players, who North Korean officials said were treated with traditional therapy after being struck by lightning at a pre-tournament training camp.

Jong Pok Sim, Hong Myong Hui, Ho Un Byol and Ri Un Hyang were suspended from all soccer-related activity for 18 months, while Song Jong Sun was ineligible for 14 months, FIFA said.

North Korea's soccer federation was fined $400,000, and team doctor Nam Jong Ae was banned for six years.

The fine "exactly corresponds to the prize money the association would have received for their 13th place in the final ranking of the Women's World Cup in Germany," FIFA said.

Defenders Song and Jong failed drugs tests before the World Cup game against Colombia. FIFA then tested the entire North Korean team after its final match.

FIFA's disciplinary panel also banned Colombia backup goalkeeper Yineth Varon for two years for doping at the tournament.

The doping case was the most serious at a major FIFA tournament in 17 years.

In July, FIFA's chief medical officer Jiri Dvorak said after extensive testing, "we can really say with far-reaching confidence that these steroids were the result of this so-callled Chinese traditional medicine."

AP

• 5 weeks later...

Vancouver bids to host 2015 Women's World Cup soccer

The 2015 Women's World Cup final – to be held in Canada – could be played on artificial turf, FIFA women's competition head Tatjana Haenni said Saturday.

“Potentially yes but I think it's a long process [before that decision is made],” she said in Vancouver, after inspecting BC Place and three potential training sites.

Vancouver is one of seven Canadian cities bidding to host 2015 World Cup games and BC Place officials would clearly love to host the final in the stadium that's about to complete a $563-million renovation.

PavCo spent an estimated $1.2 million to install a new German-manufactured Polytan turf playing surface that will be the home field for the Vancouver Whitecaps and B.C. Lions.

“We knew for 2015 we would use artificial turf,” Haenni said. “Now we have to see which stadium actually has which kind of turf.”

FIFA officials will visit the other Canadian bid cities of Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Montreal, Moncton and Halifax over the next week to complete their first round of site inspections.

A minimum of six cities must be used to host the 2015 event and FIFA and the Canadian Soccer Association expect to select the host cities by the first half of 2012.

But the decision on which cities host which games – including the final – won't be made until a later date.

Haenni noted the 2011 Women's World Cup in Germany was a “huge success.”

“The main goal is to build on that momentum, so 2015 is similar if not bigger,” she said.

FIFA officials expect to return to Vancouver in January to see how BC Place serves as a host to the CONCACAF women's Olympic qualifying tournament.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Vancouver+bids+host+2015+Women+World+soccer/5454696/story.html#ixzz1YvsUcI5h

• 7 months later...

FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015™ Host Cities unveiled

The official Host Cities for the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015™ were announced at a media conference held on Parliament Hill in Ottawa (Canada) on 4 May 2012 in the presence of the Honourable Bal Gosal, Minister of State (Sport), FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter and Canadian Soccer Association President Dr Dominique Maestracci.

The six official Host Cities named today are: Edmonton, Alberta; Moncton, New Brunswick; Montreal, Quebec; Ottawa, Ontario; Vancouver, British Columbia; and Winnipeg, Manitoba.

FIFA

IS Sepp Blatter on drugs??

The 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup will be a bigger event for Canada than any Olympics, FIFA president Sepp Blatter said Friday.

Blatter was in Ottawa to announce the six host cities for FIFA's showcase women's event, which include Vancouver and the nation's capital.

Edmonton, Winnipeg, Montreal and Moncton, N.B. are the others. Toronto, which is hosting the 2015 Pan American Games, did not submit a bid.

"It will be a great, great World Cup," said Blatter. "It is more than has ever been presented in Canada, including, I would say, the Olympic Games.

"It is an event that will have a bigger social, cultural impact than the Olympic Games. [it] has a greater legacy than the Olympic Games.

"Women's football opens the boarders all over the world. This is the social, cultural value of our game. Football is the school of life.

"Women will win. Football will win. Canada will win."

Completely wrong. All the stadiums are built already, what kind of legacy is that? The women's world Cup having a bigger impact then the Olympics in Vancouver? Is he that delusional?

What is the minimum seating capacity for The Women's World Cup games? Because hosting the 2015 Women's World Cup could help Moncton, Quebec and Ottawa expand the Canadian Football League to 12 teams.

Off-topic, I hope that this tournament will give Canada a chance to, one day, host the other World Cup. Now that Russia has 2018, Canada is the only G8 nation to not have hosted the men's World Cup.

What is the minimum seating capacity for The Women's World Cup games? Because hosting the 2015 Women's World Cup could help Moncton, Quebec and Ottawa expand the Canadian Football League to 12 teams.

I think there isn't a minimum capacity, but 20,000 seems like the lowest you can go. Ottawa will be getting a team in 2014, Moncton has a stadium there just needs to be an ownership group willing to have a team there. Quebec is not a host city so they will not get a stadium.

Off-topic, I hope that this tournament will give Canada a chance to, one day, host the other World Cup. Now that Russia has 2018, Canada is the only G8 nation to not have hosted the men's World Cup.

2026 seems like a logical time to bid for Canada. 2026 seems like Concacaf's time.l

Interesting that Calgary was not on the list.

Calgary did not bid to host games like Hamilton and Toronto.

• 7 months later...

Official venues:

Vancouver BC Place Stadium 54,500 seats (Note: $450 million renovation after being used for the 2010 Winter Olympics Opening/Closing Ceremony).

BC-Place-Stadium-Interior-Photos_Footbal

Edmonton: Commonwealth Stadium 54,000 seats (Hosted the 1978 Commonwealth Games, 1983 Universiade, 2001 IAAF World Athletics Championships and the 2007 FIFA U20 World Cup)

crop_18657535532.jpg

Ottawa Frank Clair Stadium at Landsdowne Park 27,500 seats (Renovations since 2011 to open in 2014, hosted 2007 FIFA u20 World Cup)

w22b2c.jpg

Moncton - Moncton Stadium 20,000 (With temporary seating, host of the 2010 IAAF World Junior Championships)

Moncton+Stadium.jpg

Winnipeg - New Blue Bombers Stadium 33,500 seats (Will be built and ready for the Blue Bombers 2013 Season)

New+Winnipeg+Stadium.jpg

Montreal Olympic Stadium 66,308 seats (Host of the 1976 Summer Olympics, 2007 FIFA u20 World Cup host)

OlympicStadium.jpg

Note: Toronto/Hamilton will not host due to prior commitments with the 2015 Pan American Games

Edited by intoronto1125