Which city will have the best bid overall?

intoronto

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be hard for any bid to beat a technically very secure Madrid bid on its third outing in the evaluation stage. In that sense, Madrid will probably have the "best" bid.

If by "best", however, you're also including intangibles, like who deserves to host, emotional and symbolic impact etc. then there's no right or wrong answer, we'll all have our own choices and opinions on what's the "best" in that sense. For me, it's far too early to say yet.

Conceptually..Durban perhaps.

Technical scores...Madrid...Rome close second given major events experience, and potential traffic congestion and more distant venues. Although a Tokyo bid in the mix will be interesting..

The best technical bid, will be the one that scores highest in the Technical Evaluation - probably Madrid or Rome or Tokyo.

The best overall bid - bringing in campaigning and the intangibles - will, quite simply, be the one that wins.

Yeah, Not who will win.

Tokyo would be the most technically and environmentally superior bid.

- More than 100,000 rooms.

- Already secured 4 billion USD.

- One the safest cities in the world.

- Top 3 metro cities in the world.

- The most compact games plan.

- Haneda Airport will further expand until 2013.

- 76% favor of Tokyo residents in informal poll.

Yeah, Not who will win.

Tokyo would be the most technically and environmentally superior bid.

- More than 100,000 rooms.

- Already secured 4 billion USD.

- One the safest cities in the world.

- Top 3 metro cities in the world.

- The most compact games plan.

- Haneda Airport will further expand until 2013.

- 76% favor of Tokyo residents in informal poll.

Are you sure you're not Japanese?

I think it's just someone who's been around here for a while with great love for Japan. And think B.P. nailed it with his last guess.

Well, I haven't posted here often enough in the past to know who has a great love for Japan.

But one of my first guesses earlier this year was that nature was a Japanese trying to derail the Pyeongchang bid in favour of a future Japanese bid. His posts post-2018-voting are along those lines.

But I'll defer to you and BP on this matter.

Which city do you believe will present the best bid overall (not who will win, but who has the best bid)

*Madrid

*Rome

*Istanbul

*Other cities that might bid such as Doha or Toronto.

Madrid, IMO.

Fine by me. At least now you're promoting a bid rather than slandering one.

It was not slandering. Pyeongchang could not host the winter games. Downhill venue is the primeval forest. Pyeongchang financial problem has become. It has become a controversial now. But I do not support them. Over the past decade they silence, but the opposition since July 6 ?? :blink: Stupid people!

110711_07_1.jpg

Tell me? If PyeongChang could not host, then why, why did they win? ;) Of course they won because they could host, not because of bribes or whatnot.

Tokyo is one of the world's popular cities including me!

You are not a city! :P

Tell me? If PyeongChang could not host, then why, why did they win? ;) Of course they won because they could host, not because of bribes or whatnot.

Under domestic law Pyeongchang could not host. with financial problems. IOC does not consider the environment. Munich was better than Pyeongchang. Just to give more opportunities to Asia, So, it went to Pyeongchang. The money is always needed, whether a bribe or not.

Under domestic law Pyeongchang could not host. with financial problems. IOC does not consider the environment. Munich was better than Pyeongchang. Just to give more opportunities to Asia, So, it went to Pyeongchang. The money is always needed, whether a bribe or not.

Oh Pups, PLEAASSSE enuf with this "nature" act. It's sooooooooo obvious who "nature" is; and the anti-PyeongChang act is JUST deadly BORING -- and u're still playing the game. :rolleyes:

I say Madrid, then a close Tokyo and Rome in second place. It is hard to judge the others, because they are not in the race, nor am I familiar with their past bids.

Rio had the lowest technical score, so obviously the IOC does not consider technical factors to be the main factor in their decision once a city reaches the candidature phase.

Rio had the lowest technical score, so obviously the IOC does not consider technical factors to be the main factor in their decision once a city reaches the candidature phase.

Spot on.

London was behind Paris and Madrid in its technical report also. Once the IOC knows a city has "passed" the evaluation stage, they know they can safely vote for it. It's quite a nice system in that sense - you get rid of the incapable cities before the vote, so IOC members can focus on the bigger picture.

Hi guys.

Long time ago that i didn't wrote here.

In my opinion;

Madrid will have technically a very strong bid. That's for sure (but the spanish presentition is so minitius; too much details. Doesn't give that strong impact imo)

Rome will have also a good technical bid but maybe it will be worse on the financial side of it. (Rome benefits of it's name too + strong lobbying)

Istanbul will have the innovative side of the oriental-flavour & " Bicontinental Games " aspect. (sounds very delicious in the ears maybe)

But overall .. The researches that I have made are indicating on the fact that Istanbul will surprise massively on the technical side.

I'm planning a new thread to bring those "NEW" technical in-sides of a probably new Istanbul bid.

regards

fatih

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Long time ago that i didn't wrote here.

In my opinion;

Madrid will have technically a very strong bid. That's for sure (but the spanish presentition is so minitius; too much details. Doesn't give that strong impact imo)

Rome will have also a good technical bid but maybe it will be worse on the financial side of it. (Rome benefits of it's name too + strong lobbying)

Istanbul will have the innovative side of the oriental-flavour & " Bicontinental Games " aspect. (sounds very delicious in the ears maybe)

But overall .. The researches that I have made are indicating on the fact that Istanbul will surprise massively on the technical side.

I'm planning a new thread to bring those "NEW" technical in-sides of a probably new Istanbul bid.

regards

fatih

And what are these interesting technical in-sides ? I'm very curious about it ^^

Tokyo, Madrid and Rome will all have strong technical bids. I suspect they'll rank this way:

1.) Tokyo

2.) Madrid

3.) Rome

If Toronto adds its name its number one for sure as all venues would be within Toronto's boundaries except two football venues

Archived