Impact of the Financial Crisis on Olympic bids

yay.. lovely... show me some bussiness man want to invest in spain or italy rather than Turkey today ::)

You can make wise business investments all over the world. That doesn't mean all those places are sufficiently fiscally responsible to host the Olympic Games.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can make wise business investments all over the world. That doesn't mean all those places are sufficiently fiscally responsible to host the Olympic Games.

i was joking with the s&P and others in my reply... a country that can not probably will pay the salaries still is in a upper class than Turkey and Azerbiajan. well i know if they drop it lesser than that in 1 announcement it will be the death of Euro, so everyone trying to make the crises smoother and less harmfull. but even a child can answer that question logically, a %9 growing country ( without any oil or natural resources or black market) with a stabil government and a economy huge market which is hungary for anything , or a fragile one with a depth larger than its income in the middle of the chaos and their citizens also saving money cause of unknown future ... which is more logical to invest tell me?

i dont say Turkey is safe as heaven but a better port for the investors rather than Spain Ireland Italy and some others.

The respective Coface Country Risk Ratings for 2020 are (as in January 2012) :

Japan = A1

Qatar = A2

Italy = A4

Spain = A4

Turkey = A4

Azerbaijan = C

Per memory & to compare : USA, Germany & France are A2 when UK is A3

And a look on S&P & Moodays : http://en.wikipedia....d_credit_rating

The S&P rating… (as of today)

Qatar = AA

Japan = AA-

Spain = A

Italy = BBB+

Turkey = BBB-

Azerbaijan = BB+

Per memory & to compare : Germany & UK are AAA when USA & France are AA+

The Moodys rating… (as of today)

Qatar = Aa2

Japan = Aa3

Spain = A1

Italy = A2

Azerbaijan = Ba1

Turkey = Ba2

Per memory & to compare : Germany, UK, USA & France are all Aaa

Wew.... Indonesia's Rating is better than Azerbaijan and Turkey ? :blink: ... Ok...Let me prepare Jakarta 2024.... Or Bali 2028 :P

SwissO, a couple of years ago we were in the bottom of those ratings... Now they raise us gradually up. Dunno which exact ones but some for the first time gave us an investment rating in 2010. I am sure our ranking will be much higher than what it is as for now. Moreover, not exactly about credit organisations but others having a habit to put us somewhere in the bottom, in most of the cases that happens automatically without any proper studies and updates of the country which changes not year after year but day after day.

SwissO, a couple of years ago we were in the bottom of those ratings... Now they raise us gradually up. Dunno which exact ones but some for the first time gave us an investment rating in 2010. I am sure our ranking will be much higher than what it is as for now. Moreover, not exactly about credit organisations but others having a habit to put us somewhere in the bottom, in most of the cases that happens automatically without any proper studies and updates of the country which changes not year after year but day after day.

Who is "we" ? Austria ???

My point was to highlight that IOC is using the Coface rating, and to try to figure out how it could impact its own benchmarking...

As, as everyone should remember, the Applicant phase, is the only one based on a truly technical rating of all areas... so the mark for Finance will take into account this coface rating....

Archived