Madrid 2020

I've pointed out that Madrid would make a good host someday, I just don't find that 2020 is that time, considering all the circumstances & their arguments. And I'm not the only one that shares that view on these boards. So I guess that all of us are "not" being objective, according to your pro-Madrid self. There's at least a few others on here, yet you always choose to attack me for it.

And the fact that you even admit yourself that you're not objective bcuz you're all for Madrid just demonstrate that you can't see/or choose not to see constructive criticism when it comes to your city. You have a conflict of interest, & therefore will be more bias than objective & naturally just lash out on those you "think" are being unfair. Just lay off already. Why don't you go discipline your fellow compatriots instead. I don't care what you & your fellow bias cohorts think. Like I said, I'm not the only one on these boards that has those views about Madrid. So go & attack them as well, & stop solely chastizing me for it.

Yes you have repeated that 2012 and 2016 were not the time, 2020 isn't, and probably it won't be until 2032, whatever. Of course i am not objective, ( the IOC isnt objective too) i live here, and i want the games in Madrid, however, if i thogh that Tokyo was going to be a better choice, i would have no probem saying it. I can do constructive criticism, and i know that the bid has aspects which could be improved. The problem is therefore that you are saying that you are objective, while you are not. And eventhough you are from USA, you also seem to have some kinda 'conflict of interest'. If i refer to you and not to others, its because others who critisize the bid, have their arguments, they recognise what is good, while you just critisize and desprise MDD.

If you're going to pick and choose your visitors, which u have a right to do so -- then you shouldn't even be going after a major int'l event like the Olympix.

Sorry for that, i should have said : i don't want visitors like you, insted of 'we'.

I have no right to pick and choose our visitors, however i would prefer someone who has constantly been deprising and criticizing Madrid not to come here. That has nothing to do with going after the Olympics.

If i refer to you and not to others, its because others who critisize the bid, have their arguments, they recognise what is good, while you just critisize and desprise MDD.

Bull, I've also highlighted the good aspects, & others on here have also been just as critical & "despising" about your bid, but you choose to solely attack me for whatever reasons. You've only been here a mere week & already the only "critical & despising" one here is YOU. This only leads me to believe that you have other aliases on here. Hmmmmm, who ever could they be. :rolleyes:

That has nothing to do with going after the Olympics.

Yes it does. Cuz the only reason you're saying it is bcuz in the context of the Madrid Olympic bid. It truly goes against the "Olympic Spirit". But whatever. I've really gotten sick & tired of your disparaging ways & I don't appreciate them whatsoever, & don't wanna waste anymore of my time with your drivel. So let me call you the 'Whambulance' instead! :P

Bull, I've also highlighted the good aspects, & others on here have also been just as critical & "despising" about your bid, but you choose to solely attack me for whatever reasons. You've only been here a mere week & already the only "critical & despising" one here is YOU. This only leads me to believe that you have other aliases on here. Hmmmmm, who ever could they be. :rolleyes:

Yes it does. Cuz the only reason you're saying it is bcuz in the context of the Madrid Olympic bid. It truly goes against the "Olympic Spirit". But whatever. I've really gotten sick & tired of your disparaging ways & I don't appreciate them whatsoever, & don't wanna waste anymore of my time with your drivel. So let me call you the 'Whambulance' instead! :P

I've been reading your posts for more than a week, and with this post you are just giving me the reason. Its like ' Oh you don't want me to go to Madrid because i criticize it? In that case Madrid should not bid for the Olympics!!!!!' Don't you see how you use whatever to go against MDD? ;)

Yeah, really. What a troll this 'bimbo' is. It has no clue whatsoever.

And they don't want U.S. citizens to come there simply bcuz they have a far more objective, & rational opinion than they do. Such "Olympic Spirit'! They don't deserve to host the Olympics if the majority of their citizens are as unwelcoming & nasty as she is. What an oxymoron. :rolleyes:

Obviously, you've your right to express your arguments like other people have the right to do likewise. However, what's annoying is your "false" pretense of being objective and reasonable especially when at the same time accusing others of not being objective and reasonable just for disagreeing with you. When you support a candidate ceases to be objective, and I acknowledge that I'm not objective because I support Madrid but at the same time respect and not criticize the other candidates thing in my opinion you’re not doing with Madrid’s bid especially misrepresenting information about the bid and neglecting the explanations that some people try to make.

Now you ‘re criticizing Madrid's bid saying that you aren’t welcome in my country and generalizing this idea to all Spanish citizens by the fact that one person has said that you wouldn’t be welcome. Let me tell you that I think you’are acting in bad faith on its part, in my opinion you’re always using the inadequate responses that occur at times by other people to try to justify your own opinions when previously you’ve been causing these unfortunate answers with your provocative comments but it’s just my opinion and I could be mistaken.

Fortunately most people are aware that Spain and its inhabitants are friendly people who enjoy meeting new people and sharing with them what ‘s our lifestyle, some people like it and others don’t, but every person who comes to Spain is welcomed always willing to have a proper and respectful behavior towards our customs and laws. And of course I would love to invite you to visit my country if you don’t visit it yet, I'm sure you’ll like it.

Political turbulence may test Madrid as 2020 campaign enters final stages..

fter a few weeks when everything in the race to stage the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games appeared to be going its way, it looks like Madrid 2020 may be forced to fight the final weeks of the campaign against a backdrop of domestic political turbulence.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/olympics/summer-olympics/2020/1015113-political-turbulence-may-test-madrid-as-2020-campaign-enters-final-stages

?

Yeah, really. What a troll this 'bimbo' is. It has no clue whatsoever.

And they don't want U.S. citizens to come there simply bcuz they have a far more objective, & rational opinion than they do. Such "Olympic Spirit'! They don't deserve to host the Olympics if the majority of their citizens are as unwelcoming & nasty as she is. What an oxymoron. :rolleyes:

more than an ignorant... bimbo is an italian word... Please, stugy languages hahaha

fter a few weeks when everything in the race to stage the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games appeared to be going its way, it looks like Madrid 2020 may be forced to fight the final weeks of the campaign against a backdrop of domestic political turbulence.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/olympics/summer-olympics/2020/1015113-political-turbulence-may-test-madrid-as-2020-campaign-enters-final-stages

?

I think that this has not much to do with the olympics, as both, the Government, and the main party in the opposition support Madrid2020.

I think that this has not much to do with the olympics, as both, the Government, and the main party in the opposition support Madrid2020.

Don't be ingenous. It has to do indeed. People can't see Erdogan in Buenos Aires because his political figured just vanished so shamely and Rajoy is following the same path. This can't be good for Madrid, specially having the undefiled Tokyo bid competing!

Don't be ingenous. It has to do indeed. People can't see Erdogan in Buenos Aires because his political figured just vanished so shamely and Rajoy is following the same path. This can't be good for Madrid, specially having the undefiled Tokyo bid competing!

erdoğan will be in b.a.

?

How dare you "criticize & despise Madrid"! You're being "annoying & not being objective & reasonable. You're just 'against' Madrid"! We don't need Turks like you in Madrid! :P

European Businessmen support Madrid2020.

"Europe's interest is that the Games are hosted Madrid." This has been assured by the Committee of the Organization of European Capitals Employers (OPCE), after meeting in Paris, through an institutional statement of support for Madrid's bid to host the 2020 Olympics.

The OPCE comprises 12 European business organizations (Paris, Brussels, Berlin, Rome, Vienna, Moscow, Lisbon, Madrid, Athens, Warsaw, La Valletta and Nicosia).

In its official statement, the OPCE supports the candidacy of Madrid 2020 because "it is the most solid and competent" compared to Tokyo and Istanbul. For businessmen in European capitals, holding the Games in Madrid is a boost to the "capacity and guarantee of the capital of Spain as host city."

The OPCE says the Olympic Games in Madrid will be positive "for the economy not only Madrid and Spanish, but for the entire European economy." "The old continents interest is that the 2020 games are held in Madrid because it will be beneficial to economic growth, employment generation and overall progress not only in the capital of Spain and its autonomous region, but for the economy of all Europeans, "the statement underlined.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2013/07/22/madrid/1374491120.html

http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/noticias/empresarios-europeos-declaran-apoyo-madrid-2020-111802618.html

This can't be bad for Madrid....

European Businessmen support Madrid2020.

"Europe's interest is that the Games are hosted Madrid." This has been assured by the Committee of the Organization of European Capitals Employers (OPCE), after meeting in Paris, through an institutional statement of support for Madrid's bid to host the 2020 Olympics.

The OPCE comprises 12 European business organizations (Paris, Brussels, Berlin, Rome, Vienna, Moscow, Lisbon, Madrid, Athens, Warsaw, La Valletta and Nicosia).

In its official statement, the OPCE supports the candidacy of Madrid 2020 because "it is the most solid and competent" compared to Tokyo and Istanbul. For businessmen in European capitals, holding the Games in Madrid is a boost to the "capacity and guarantee of the capital of Spain as host city."

The OPCE says the Olympic Games in Madrid will be positive "for the economy not only Madrid and Spanish, but for the entire European economy." "The old continents interest is that the 2020 games are held in Madrid because it will be beneficial to economic growth, employment generation and overall progress not only in the capital of Spain and its autonomous region, but for the economy of all Europeans, "the statement underlined.

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2013/07/22/madrid/1374491120.html

http://es.eurosport.yahoo.com/noticias/empresarios-europeos-declaran-apoyo-madrid-2020-111802618.html

This can't be bad for Madrid....

Those are just business organizations. They don't speak for the 60+ individual Euro IOC'ers who will vote secretly and independently. All things being equal, the 3 cities would get at least 1/3rd of the Euro vote for starters. And remember, Spain can't count on its 3 IOC votes until Madrid is put out...whereas Istnabul and Tokyo lose only 1 vote each of their IOC rep. So starting out that way, Madrid is already negative 2 votes.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Those are just business organizations. They don't speak for the 60+ individual Euro IOC'ers who will vote secretly and independently. All things being equal, the 3 cities would get at least 1/3rd of the Euro vote for starters. And remember, Spain can't count on its 3 IOC votes until Madrid is put out...whereas Istnabul and Tokyo lose only 1 vote each of their IOC rep. So starting out that way, Madrid is already negative 2 votes.

I just said, this can't be bad for Madrid, of course not ( imagine if this organization supported Tokyo lol). Spain can't count on its IOC member votes, truth, neither Tokyo and Instanbul, however that doesn't mean that Madrid is starting with -2, that would be the case if Madrid members were oblied to vote to the other city ( TK, ISB).

r that doesn't mean that Madrid is starting with -2, that would be the case if Madrid members were oblied to vote to the other city ( TK, ISB).

Playing blind again. Yes, it does. Otherwise those are 2 votes Madrid count on. I've already deducted the minus 1 each for the 3 cities so that one vote levels off with the others. If u were being honest w/ Madrid's chances, you would see it that way. But u guys are being self-delusional (and again I wouldn't be UNHAPPY if Madrid won) but you have to count your votes in a very COLD, conservative way in order to not be surprised by an adverse outcome.

Madrid 2020 not undermined by announcement of Barcelona Winter Olympic bid, Spanish officials claim
Sunday, 28 July 2013
By Duncan Mackay
July 27 - Barcelona has completed preparatory work on a bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics and Paralympics - even though Madrid is among three cities currently campaigning to host the 2020 Summer Games.
The city's Mayor Xavier Trias has admitted that the timing of his announcement, made to a group of Spanish and French business leaders, may be "indecent" but is confident that the capital of Catalonia can be the first city in the history of the Olympics to host both the Summer and Winter Games.
It had hosted the Summer Olympics in 1992, a Games still considered among the most successful in history.
"We will do it, we will do it," he said Trias, who had initially been opposed to the idea which was first mooted more than three years ago by his predecessor, Jordi Hereu.
If successful, the snow events would be hosted in the Pyrenees, which are located about two hours away by train from Barcelona.
Barcelona's bid is supported by Jean-Paul Alduy, President of Perpignan Mediterranee, a network that brings together 36 Mayors from Perpignan communities in southern France.
Trias has admitted that he would need the help of the French if the Games are to be held successfully.
Whether Barcelona bids or not depends entirely on whether or not Madrid is awarded the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics.
Madrid 2020 denied that Trias' announcement undermined their campaign, which is currently in a close race with Istanbul and Tokyo, with the International Olympic Committee (IOC) due to choose the host city at its Session in Buenos Aires on September 7.
"Barcelona is one of the co-host cities of the Madrid 2020 Bid [it will stage football matches]," a spokeswoman for Madrid 2020 told insidethegames.
"Both the Regional and City Governments have given all guarantees requested by the IOC in order to host some of the preliminary football matches.
"Speaking last January 31 - during the first "Road to 2020" forum - the Mayor of Barcelona Xavier Trias declared his 'unconditional' support for the Madrid Bid and said that the staging of the Games would be a 'tremendous driving force for growth' for the Spanish capital and for the whole country'."
Cities interested in bidding for 2022 have to let the IOC know by November 14 with a decision due to be announced at the IOC Session in Kuala Lumpur on July 31, 2015.

I've found this short interview with Seb Coe while roaming around the Spanish media. It pretty much sums up everything we have discussed about having a compelling "why" rather than a "how", and coming from an IOC member, this should be very much not only in the mind of the Madrid team, it also applies for Tokyo and Istanbul.

He very clearly says that having bid previously is neither an advantage or a disadvantage, pretty much that the IOC never feels like they owe something to someone, in contrast with what Madrid supporters say that this is Madrid's third consecutive attempt, or for that matter, Istanbul's fifth.

^lmfao! :-D

And I love how Seb Coe mentions that having bid previously is neither here nor there. Goes especially to the ones that always keep harping that Durban can't possibly win on their "first attempt". That the membership looks at it by a case by case basis & decides from there what's best for the Olympic movement in any particular race.