Madrid 2020

In madrid, the employ is better than the total of spain, now is in 17%, 8% less than the total. Madrid is the first economy in spain, and the city is the 3th in european union. I think the situation not is so bad than other spanish region, andalucia, murcia or canarias for example.

Madrid submit the bid file to IOC

1329213756_164329_1329216623_noticia_normal.jpg

http://ccaa.elpais.c..._medium=twitter

not going to lie that bid file front cover is so boring, need some colour + the people dont seem really happy...

In madrid, the employ is better than the total of spain, now is in 17%, 8% less than the total. Madrid is the first economy in spain, and the city is the 3th in european union. I think the situation not is so bad than other spanish region, andalucia, murcia or canarias for example.

are you saying unemployment is at 17%????

^^^Yes. The unemployment rate in Spain has always been quite high compared to the rest of Europe, and now with the economic crisis it is even higher. In fact, this is one of the reasons why the bid committee says Spain needs the Games.

Wow that is unbelievably high, i wouldn't feel safe giving the games to them but we never know...

Wow that is unbelievably high, i wouldn't feel safe giving the games to them but we never know...

It is high but it's what Javier said, you can visit Madrid or any other city in Spain and not feel the crisis. It's not that all the country has suddenly become poor. There are guarantees that Madrid can host the 2020 Games with no difficulties.

According to what I'm reading on several websites, there are two main "clusters": the river Manzanares and Campo de las Naciones. In other words, Casa de Campo and its surroundings and the area near Juan Carlos I Park. That's just what we were saying here a week ago that would be the ideal project!! :D

BTW, I can't find the applicant file anywhere... :wacko: where is it?

^^^That's because if Madrid is awarded the Olympics, they will build new metro and cercanías/commuter rail stations joining the Olympic Park with Campo de las Naciones. In fact, they are quite close from each other but the lack of a metro line means long travel distances between them. This problem would be solved by 2020. Perfect!